Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BUCCANEER DOUBLES

Posted by jim 
jim
BUCCANEER DOUBLES
April 03, 2003 08:48AM
APRIL 26 WILL BE DOUBLES AT BUCCANEER STATE PARK. BRING YOUR OWN PARTNER. IF YOU CAN NOT FIND ONE LET THE TD KNOW WHEN YOU GET THERE.AND HE WILL TRY TO FIND YOU ONE.BRING YOUR BAG TAGS WE WILL HAVE A COUPLE THINGS YOU CAN WIN. ALL NOVICE TEAMS WILL WIN SOMETHING . HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE .
Zplasticmaster
Re: BUCCANEER DOUBLES
April 03, 2003 09:18AM
Great to see the Buccaneer Doubles are back!
I can't wait.
Don't forget the bug spray!!!!!!
Stephen Heaps
April 03, 2003 10:05AM
All...
This will be my first tourney, I don't own a bag, I don't know what a bag tag is...I just carry my discs and flop 'em down before each shot...What should I expect??? I'll definitely be there for the tourney, any idea of the cost to enter? It won't be a problem, it's just one less thing to worry about. I'll just stuff my money in my pocket with my industrial-strength bug spray and be off. I know you say all novice teams win something, what defines a novice team? Playing experience? Tourney experience? All info is greatly appreciated. As for stakes...again, i know you say all novice teams win something, and from my understanding thus far, my team would be novice...but I'm thinking...hmm...what do you get when you win? that's all i'm concerned with. ;-) Thanks again!
Rick
April 03, 2003 10:31AM
If it is your first tournament, I recommend you play novice. Unless you get a really experienced partner, that is. No matter what you shoot regularly, a tournament is a whole new world. Eslecially with the 6-6-6 format in the second round. If you win in any non-pro division, you get plastic, or Skybucks, which are redeemable for plastic.

Now I have a question for Jim or Will - if I should happen to play pro in this thing, and cash, would I be disqualified from playing in the Am SNC's in Hattieburg, or would it not count towards that, since it is doubles?
April 03, 2003 10:44AM
ha ha ha! whoooooooooo that was a good one crow! :) what are you worried for, the saints are not going to win the super bowl between now and april so hell isn't about to freeze over...man, you really made my day. thanks
April 03, 2003 10:46AM
Where you at Lil' Heaps. This is our tournament. Don't make plans for anything else that day.
The Zinger
April 03, 2003 10:48AM
Crow, If i'm able to go, would you want to partner up?
April 03, 2003 01:55PM
oh man i just read crow's post again! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaa! why can't i stop laughing? you're killing me crow, really! aaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa! get me a kleenex to wipe my eyes :)
April 03, 2003 10:07PM
Sure, Terry. That would solve my dilemma. Mikey, keep laughing, noodle arm. You can keep on laughing in June, too, when you finish one spot farther back in every tournament you play in :p
April 04, 2003 10:48AM
ooh, now that was truly malicious, but i'm sure zinger won't get that joke. and, i don't get the june joke, is that a reference to hattiesburg, or just a general statement that my d.g. skills are on the decline since i am hitting the old masters age of 35 ?
John Kittrell
April 04, 2003 10:58AM
Mikey
Obviousy Crow is referring to moving up to open in June, and is saying that he will be finishing ahead of you in next seasons tournaments. Laughter is killing the brainwaves...
John K
April 04, 2003 01:56PM
crow moving up to open was so far out of the realm of possibility that i hadn't even thought of it. let's see, $35 more in the purse every tournament, i usually get at least 20% of the purse, that's an average $7 more in my pocket every tournament crow attends.

yeah, i like it, move on up crow!
v
April 04, 2003 04:53PM
mr wizard has an excellent %

i think he has cashed in 6 of 8 events as an Open competitor since he turned pro...
April 04, 2003 09:52PM
I will see you in June Mikey. I will be waving from the group in front of you.
john kittrell
April 05, 2003 08:23AM
Crow you're contradicting yourself are you going to beat Mickey or not. If your are waving from the group in front of Mikey he posted a better score the first round (i.e. if Mikey was in the lead group starting on hole 1 and you well on the second card, starting on hole 2 you would be waving to Mikey from the group in front of him) You must mean that you're going to kick his butt in the second round...
John K
tree in the fairway
April 05, 2003 08:43AM
Hey Zinger, need a partner?
April 06, 2003 06:44PM
You know what I meant, Kittrell. Smartass:p
Tree, Terry can't go that day, or he was going to partner with me.
jim
April 06, 2003 09:49PM
if you take cash and if you do not turn it into prizes you will not be able to play ams in hattiesburg. if you win cash after may31st. then you may still play ams at hattiesburg. please play pro if you want , just turn it int cash. the best way to tell if your ready to play pro is if your at least taking last place money at 1/2 the tournaments you play in. if not stay where you are.
thanks for bragging for me Vic, after my lefty-ette bloodbath im 6 out of 9.
April 06, 2003 11:43PM
Lefty-ette, how appropriate.
Thanks for the info., Jim. I plan on moving up in June, money or no money. I figure I will get better faster playing in the Open division, anyway. In the meantime, I still have two months to practice. And Mikey still has two months to take that last place money :)
grayson
April 07, 2003 12:08PM
bilbosnorus

if i get rich between now and the 26 i would like to go. if you don't have a t ball game, or a partner for doubles, let me know. 4003058

grayson
April 07, 2003 12:46PM
For all who don't know about the infamous bilbosnorus, it is a prehistoric creature that was supposed to be extinct thousands of years ago, until one was unearthed several years ago while playing disc golf at Paul B. Johnson. To the untrained eye, bilbosnorus looks like any other disc golfer, but don't be fooled. He can be identified by his ballerina style driving technique and a ball cap at all times. He sometimes uses the alias "Disc Daddy".

WARNING: Bilbosnorus is probably armed and may be very dangerous with a Firebird.
April 07, 2003 12:51PM
Hey Yo Dad, you runnin this one or am I?

Either way I'll be there!

Peace,
Will T
April 07, 2003 10:06PM
Jonas, you mean very dangerous to everything but what he's aiming at, right?
Tony Bass
April 15, 2003 10:16PM
This was getting too far back!

2 weeks until HELL 666 golf. Could get real ugly!

All should Come!!!!
April 17, 2003 12:01PM
Hey WillBT do you still need a partner or what???? I need to know in order to schedule friday off work. Let me know cuz I can make this event.
frzbman
April 17, 2003 09:43PM
Are there any Advanced teams coming? Because you probably shouldn't, since my partner happens to be Mr. Left from Lefty-ette himself, Erich Von Hofmeister. Ya'll hear that, Grayson? The Hub City Sky Ballet can leave the Adv. players at home.
Jonas
April 18, 2003 01:07PM
Heaps Jr., if you get this make sure you have your game face on so we can take this tourney.
April 18, 2003 05:51PM
I was at the Buc today, the bugs were not bad at all, hopefully this weather will hold out and there will be some breeze next weekend for the tourny.
Best of luck to all

Bill
Tony Bass
April 23, 2003 10:19PM
Well just a couple of days left until another experience with the hellish 666 golf. This time at the Buc., man I couldn't think of many places that could possibly be worst for this setup. It could get CRAZY out there, with the wind and the woods, and the possible o.b.'s (road mostly, and that HUGE little mudhole on 16, that I'm sure will claim a few poor discs). It should be a blast, plus with these new pro tees that hardly anyone has seen, should add an interested twist! Well, hope to see a lot of faces out there! Later
TB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013