Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BREC Meeting

Posted by Ronnie Cook 
BREC Meeting
April 04, 2003 07:13AM
There will be a BREC meeting held April 15, 2003 at 6:30 for disc golfers who are interested in attending. The meeting will be held at the BREC office off of Sherwood. Any question please call at 225-273-1221
gopher
Re: BREC Meeting
April 04, 2003 06:09PM
thats great timing, when all the LSU discgolfers are on spring break and arent going to be around. perfect
v
April 04, 2003 06:15PM
BREC likely holds monthly meetings-- or 1/4 annual or something...
gopher
April 04, 2003 07:37PM
this isnt just about discgolf meeting?
April 06, 2003 08:22PM
Yeh man you can ask what you want to see what we can get changed and what you want to see happen its really cool because that way every disc golfer knows whats going own in Baton Rouge. What we can and can't do in BREC parks. Hope to see you there.
April 06, 2003 08:43PM
hey

this is ryan

my first time using the forum

it feels kinda weird

my question is, where is the cheapest place on the internet to buy discs
April 06, 2003 08:59PM
ryan-

thats a terible start but nice typing form.

the best place is on the pdga web site, click on LINKS.

now your on <www.discgolf.com> click on VENDORS.

look around there are at least forty disc shops online.

oh, BTW we "usually" try and keep on the subject that this thread was started for. click NEW TOPIC next time.

ya newbie!
jim
April 06, 2003 09:04PM
players should remember the park belong to brec. as in mobile we must check with our parks department before any changes are made. if something happens the park department has to answer to the public for it. i wish we had brec in mobile they do a great job at your parks and helping with plaques and shirts for your tournament.baton rouge has always been a place to go and have some fun. i hope to make the next tournament you have. will and ronnie have done alot for b.r if you have a ? you should contac one of them and they might save you alot of time if you listen to them. now let go have some fun, go ace one for me ,jim
April 06, 2003 09:07PM
ronnie- ive done an estimate for the concrete teepads.

we can go over it at the greewood tournament and get some feedback from locals. hopefully we can have some other proposals ironed out before the meeting.

ERRIN
April 06, 2003 09:36PM
Sounds Good Errin, We are working on teepads at this time, but Wanda is working on it with her friend Chris Pierce who works for Home Depot which Misty will try to get aprroval for. I told Misty about the benches you paid for out your pocket which is highly appeciated, but Misty said there are regulations she has to follow and she'll explain that at he meeting.

Any questions call me at 273-1221
April 06, 2003 09:39PM
By the way Victor this is the first meeting BREC has had since 1995 for disc golfers.
April 12, 2003 11:16PM
Just wanted to let ALL disc golfers know that they are invited to this meeting if you want to get POSSITIVE things done for BR disc golf.

Baton Rouge is moving forward in their endevors to better the disc golf scene, but it takes a group effort, and this will lead to bigger and better things for all!

If you have any questions, please contact Ronnie Cook, or Will Timmons, and they can help any way they can. (I love talking about myself in the third person, makes me feel special!)

Later,
Will T
Lefty
April 13, 2003 10:12PM
Is Disc Golf the only thing that will be discussed?

Will the potential Scotlandville course be discussed?
April 14, 2003 10:15PM
Hey Lefty - the S-landville course idea has been canned. I'm sure the reasons will be discussed, as well as any other options that BREC may have for other places. But we have been warned that it may be at least 2 years before BREC will put in another course.

Hope to see you there,
Will T
Lefty
April 16, 2003 10:53PM
For those of us that didn't make it, what happened at the BREC meeting?

Thanks
Ascension Acer
April 18, 2003 11:37PM
What went down at this BREC meeting? Any news on the concrete tee pads, signs or new courses?

AA
April 21, 2003 06:16PM
the meeting went pretty cool. 7 or 8 of us talked about alot of stuff. I was dissapointed in the turn out, ZINGER.
the attitude some people had about it at wednesday doubles was really crapy. every one had their chance to voice their opinions and decided to gripe at me. idiocity.

misty, the special events coordinater laid down some guidlines for tournaments and course maintenance. this took over an hour and a half to discuss. the guidlines are the same for other special intrest groups like mountain- biking, paint ball, and archery.

i 'll let "willy bt" give you the tournament scoop and i'll give you the maintenance scoop.

the main mambajamba is NOBODY CAN CHANGE THE COURSE LAYOUT WITHOUT ASKING RONNIE COOK. this is true at g-wood and h-land. ronnie and will are combining the old white tees with the red (at g-wood)soon. the recent changes at h-land must be undone.

misty is looking into teesigns and teepads at the moment. i beleive she will start the ball rolling for a grant for the funding. there will also be some new bridges at both courses.

any input is welcome for discussion.

i think everyone needs to step up and help out. misty said she can arange equipment to use with a decent notice. she was very pleased with idea of us fixing-up the courses. we plan on geting together sometime (mabey once a month) to talk about what needs to be done. we're working on a date.

where y'at big Ronie?
April 21, 2003 06:26PM
so much for my proof reading abilities.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013