Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Playing behind big groups

Posted by Speedy 
Re: Playing behind big groups
April 11, 2003 10:18AM
Man, you really have to filter through a lot of trash on these forums to get through to the true thread. Can I please post through? I'm not trying to be critical but between "underpantsmike and "shrubontheforehead", I feel like I've been sitting on hole #3 at the Bogue for 2 hours in the freezing rain!

Now while I do enjoy the banter on one level, Robin (and others) are exactly right. Save the true trash talk for tournament day if that's what you have to do to win!

Oh yes, the thread! Aside from tournament play, I have never had a problem playing through slower groups. It is amazing what a polite request will do to get what you want. We are all ambassadors (or should be) of disc golf and I take every oportunity to help educate players who are not up to speed. I wish that slow play was the biggest problem we had to overcome in this wonderful game, but after reading some of these postings I feel I've been trudging up "Ego Hill" far too long.

We all share a love for this game, and we are responsible for it's future. If you were asking to play through as rudely as you post on the forum I probably wouldn't let you play through either!

But that's just me. Peace. Chernobyl
thanks for saying the same thing everyone else did, but after reading all that i finally understand.
April 11, 2003 11:07PM
"Underpantsmike"
I haven't laughed that hard in days! Thanks Paul.
misterbogey
April 12, 2003 07:39PM
"Underpants Mike"...I love it! Now why didn't I think of that? ;-)

Your comments are right on chernobyl...ask and you shall recieve.

Is the same Paul "chernobyl" of Lafranier fame? If so when are you and Dangerous Don coming to Lafayette...we'd love to let you play through...

Joe Todd
April 12, 2003 09:04PM
Hey Joe. Thanks for the props! Funny you should ask cause Don and I were just talking about you last thursday (all good). Please say hello to Tony for us. We are dying to come play the new holes. We'll give you a shout when we do.

People seem pretty friendly in your neck of the woods, I bet they'll let us play through.

Later, Chernobyl
April 12, 2003 10:40PM
here in kentucky, no problem with playing through. if my group of 9 is in front of you and your wife. all you have to do is offer your wifes services, to no more than 8 of us. you can play "through" and pick her up on the go around.

see problem solved. so simple here in the hills.

bubba
bubba
bubba

PS. Do you all like floating secluded rivers.
Jonas
April 13, 2003 11:28AM
I think this is where the banjo comes in. Hey boy, you sure got a 'purty' mouth!
misterbogey
April 13, 2003 08:05PM
This forum is rated X for adult content.

___ Let me in

___ Take me to disneydiscgolf.com

Thanks for asking about Tony Paul...she is better now. She has munierre's and was in a wheel chair for awhile. Getting around with a cane on her bad days, and has actually played discgolf a couple of times since she moved back to Lafayette last year.

Be sure to call when if you're coming over...(337) 261-0367.

And if anyone thinks this is off the subject; Paul, Don and I make a "big group" of old folks...;-p

Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013