Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

LAFAYETTE SPRING TOURNEY RESULTS

Posted by misterbogey 
misterbogey
LAFAYETTE SPRING TOURNEY RESULTS
April 06, 2003 05:30PM
The 2003 Lafayette Spring Tournament is now history-except for those die-hards who are still out at Acadiana Park playing doubles while I slave over my computer...;-)

A big thank you to everyone who attended and a special thanks to Joey and Karin Van Duzee who were largely responsible for putting Lafayette Disc Golf on the map!

We had 85 players this year-our second biggest tournout ever. And I'm sure it was our BIGGEST PAYOUT EVER as you'll see when you view the results by clicking on the url link below:

[www.anzwers.org]
misterbogey
Re: LAFAYETTE SPRING TOURNEY RESULTS
April 06, 2003 05:34PM
The link didn't work...don't cha' just hate it when that happens?

Oh well, just copy and paste this in your browser; if it doesn't go to the results page, call Bill Gates! ;-)

[www.anzwers.org]
I had a blast Joe. Dispite the rain on Saterday and the gusty winds on Sunday I enjoyed this years Tournament. It was great to see Joey and Karen again, it's been a while. I sure do miss those Wednesday double tournys we used to have when they were living here. I have met a lot of great people since I started playing disc golf. I would like to thank everyone involed in making this years Spring tounament a success! You guys work real hard and yall hard work is paying off bigtime.
Great job on the tourney everyone. I really enjoyed meeting some new people and getting to play with old friends again. Hopefully I made some new ones as well. Thanks for the hospitality and I hope to make this tournament again.

Shane
John Kittrell
April 07, 2003 07:48AM
Sorry I missed the tournament - it sounded like it was a grest time. Thanks for making my life easier, I copied and pasted the results onto my computer from the website (excel is a great thing). The points will be taken care of today...
John K
hey all you lafayette disc golfers...thanks for another great tournament. can't wait for the next one. y'all are definitely the funnest stop on the SN tour, hands down. keep up the great work, the new 9 holes are groovy.

special thanks to Pat the T.D. !!! (don't forget, you're allowed to call a rain delay if it's pouring down, especially in a 2-day tournament...) :)
Hey MisterBogey will you have some photo's posted from the tourney? and will they be on the web page?
Great tourney Lafayette! I have a blast every time I come to play. Too bad my scores weren't reflective of that. Thanks again and we'll see ya'll soon. (Is that better, Crow?)
Oh, by the way, for the results page Steve Hegpi, should be Steve Heaps.
misterbogey
April 07, 2003 04:44PM
Jonus: Thanks for the correction.

John please note: 9th place Pro Men - Steve HEAPS. And put us down on the tournament list for next year's Spring Tourney on April 3 & 4, 2004.

I also made some changes in the payouts where there were ties; the list is updated on line and can be reached from the acadianaparkdiscgolf.com website. Look under the "results of past tournaments" - Spring 2003.

Mike: it rained? ;-) Thanks for the kind words; you're a gentleman and a scholar!

Shane: Hope to see you at our Summer Fest...Setember 13!

Kenny G - I love your music...;-p

tpatL and everone else...

THE TOURNEY PHOTOS ARE NOW POSTED ON THE SITE...JUST CLICK BELOW AND THEN ON THE PIC OF KARIN AND JOE ONCE YOU GET THERE!

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com] (or copy and paste if clicking don't work)
misterbogey
April 07, 2003 04:51PM
AND ANOTHER THING!

Here are the new course records set yesterday.

Ace Run Course - Shane Seal - 44 - Regular Tee Pads
John Fox - 43 Half Reg./Half Pro (Not John, the tees)

Duzee Course - Will Timmons - 45

Congratulations guys! And especially to John Fox who not only won the tournament but aced #5 on the Ace Run Course...awesome! I guess next time we won't hide the Ace Pot Envelope from him...;-)
page 9 photos! page 9!

dam, am i really that fat? no wonder i can't drive.

mister bogey, you did great too, don't want to forget an old Lafreniere League disc golfer...do you remember what tournament it was when worm(mike young) played lafayette?
misterbogey
April 07, 2003 08:00PM
Must be that slim John Fox that made ya' look fat Mike! Ya' know, the guy you stole 50 skins from with that super put in the pic on page 9...;-p

Not sure what tourney Worm played in though I think it may have been our 2001 Spring Tourney.

I think Nick Robichaux played with him one round, so Nick if your listening, can you give us the answer? Or anybody else???
Quit your gripping, Mikey, you're also on page one! Me on the other hand...

Pg 2, last photo: see my long putt attempt come in low.
Pg 3, first photo: see my comeback putt dink off the basket.
Not shown: Goby, carding a double bogey. =8(

Great tournament, Lafayette!
nothin' but steel, baby. you are the man, big whitey!

at least i was 1rst in someting this weekend. notice the glistening Wizards waiting patiently by the teepad.
Just wanted to put in my cudos for another great tournament in Laff.

Great to see the Van Duzee's again, and you know you have an up and coming disc golf community when you have 20 novice players!

Greenwood this weekend. A double shot of the Oranges!

Peace,
Willy BT
SN #24
NOOOOOOOO!!!!
The putt I gacked on 18 on the Vanduzee course appears not once, but twice, on the photos. And you can even tell I missed it. Cruel, man, cruel.
misterbogey
April 07, 2003 11:12PM
Sorry about that Crow, but they paid me to do it! ;-p

Actually I know you'd never miss a putt like that twice...so I'm gonna tap it in for ya'...or better yet I'll take the 2nd pic off the second page.
Hey, if you tap it in, I only lose by two strokes. Not that 80 skybucks instead of 100 is a big loss, but Eric's plaque was bigger! Great payouts, and special thanks to the Latinos for the use of their shower. It made a world of difference!
Great pics misterbogey! that group picture looks better every time and wow look at those scores I really got a lot of work ahead of me to compete with this crowd. It's nice to see all of the competition in this area and to know there is always someone to push the game to new levels. The novice group is really growing and there is more and more new people everytime you go to the park on any given day. Is this sport great or what? Hey what's up with that advanced masters group? some of you guys need to move up you know who you are.
I know I plan to move up...but not until the end of the season. Then, I become a mere donor to Ronnie A. and Rusty B. =8)
Hey Goby I'm in the same boat . the law of averages should help us out sooner or later.I think I will do the same at the end of the season. I must admit playing with the pro-master group does pic my game up to another level.Hey look at it this way those lessons are not that expensive either.
v
April 08, 2003 10:21AM
excellent event as always. a gazillion ctps, nice t's shirts... the ace run and the duzie... and all with concrete tboxs in the blink of an eye. wow. what a course krewe. you guys should run more events :^)

the pro master field will be much larger next season. everyone (well almost) that did well in OMBs is talking 'bout making the move to pro masters. whoohoo.

btw-- it takes your "A" game-- but ronnie and rusty can be beat, but dzamn they got game. they both have more luck than cecil, if that is possible :^p (these three and john taylor are the guys to beat if ya play MPM)

and when these guys ain't gettin tree love-- they park it... it ain't easy to watch-- so get used to it if you are movin up. :)
I got to witness first hand what could happen. Vic don't sell yourself short you have a very credible game yourself. that's what makes this so sweet when that day comes there will be celebration in the bayou land. ok I just came back to my sences. Well it could happen!!!!!!!!!!!
misterbogey
April 08, 2003 08:25PM
O.K. Crow I tapped it in for ya'...first time I made one all year!

Go check out the photo now and see how easy a putt it was...;-p
Ahhh.....to caddy for a player who can throw further backwards than I can forwards.

Fliz
You funnyman Bogey, that is why I kill you last ;-p
Great job, photograph man. You got me throwing into the schule (sp?) and making the ring of fire putt. The dizzying highs and the terrifying lows in one spread. You need to come to the poker game next time, though. I'm better at the twelve ounce curl than golf. Thanks to the Latinos for their hospitality and Canadian whiskey. I love Acadiana!

P.S. Hey Jeff, did you miss the snuggle Sunday night? I still have your sleeping bag and some foul cotton foot things. I will give you the pawn ticket next time I see you.

Germanator
Canadian Whiskey? Probably the only thing those Canadians have going for them. Even all the good people (Acadians/Cajuns) left that place because it sucked so bad.
zplasticmaster
April 09, 2003 10:36AM
What about bacon, mounties and the Raptors?
Don't forget the Expos and Vlad Guerrero. Also Celine Dion and Shania Twain, also Steve Nash and Howie Mandell.
Vancouver BC has some great bud, I recommend going to the Amsterdam Cafe or Blunt Brothers. Excellent food and nice soft couches
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013