Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Highland Road Doubles

Posted by Goby (snbt #29) 
Highland Road Doubles
April 09, 2003 06:47AM
Random draw doubles action begins tonight at Highland Road Park (Baton Rogue). Meet by hole 10.

I believe start time is at 5:30pm. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.
its 6:00 pm. way to cold for me today, yall have fun.
Lefty
Re: Highland Road Doubles
April 09, 2003 02:22PM
How does that work, I have never been...

Do you play for $?

Are the pairs randomly selected?

Do you play best shot, alternate shot and/or worst shot?

Lefty
April 09, 2003 02:54PM
lefty, it's random-draw, all best shot. $5 a person, 100% payout.

i would be there but i avoid playing in sub-60 degree weather because of injury possibility. meow!
April 09, 2003 10:33PM
Only 10 people showed up to brave the unexpected cold, but we only played 6 holes in the dark. Had a blast, played like F (Mikey-Mike Famous curse word). Till next week.
PS- Goby, you start the thread and then don't show? @#$%&...
I just report the news. Plus, sounds like I would have made it at least an odd number of people, if not simply odd. =8)
April 10, 2003 09:05AM
just to let you know, i actually plagiarized the famous phrase "F !" from BR University High Alumnus Guthrie. i guess i just made it famous. see y'all next week.
April 16, 2003 10:17PM
Heads up to everyone. It looks like drawing for doubles begins at 5:50 or so. I drove 214 miles to go play tonite and arrived at 6:00. In fact, Keith had not went to his Tee yet. He sent me to hold 12 and stated that he would see what everyone else thought after it was over. No one in my group had a problem with me playing and no one in Keith's group said anything when we passed them. After completing the round and finding out that I would have placed 3rd or so, I was told that sometime in the past, a player was told before the round started that since he did not make the drawing, he could not play. I don't have a problem with sticking to rules, my question is that Everyone seemed to be OK with me playing until a passed incident was brought up. My group still did not have a problem I think. I am not pissed off, it just sucks to drive that far and arrive right at 6 because of traffic and not get to participate. I had a great time and the course is still one of my favorites. I don't think it is right to allow someone to join if they make an even number though and not if they are odd man out. I think it was obvious that was not what I was trying to do. BTW What were the winning teams? I hope Errin and Terry placed. I am sure that Ronnie was in there somewhere too. Oh well, stuff happens.

Shane
Hey Shane,

To put your situation in a positive light, you would have placed in third place cash ($10). As lone wolf, you would have put in $10 and so you are no richer, no poorer, and you still got to play a great round! =8)

To be fair to the group, the general consensus was established before the group knew your score and before the previous incident was first mentioned. Showing up late removes the element of randomness, as the teams had already been drawn. It's no different than if you had arrived with a friend, after the teams had been drawn. You and your friend would not be a random team; similarly, you were not a random lone wolf. Joining an already randomly chosen lone wolf maintains the element of randomness for the newly formed pairing; hence the reasoning for that decision.

It does suck to drive that distance (but see above positive light), and the group agreed that if you had a way of calling to let us know you were on the way, we could have waited a bit for you. Maybe you can get Will or Keith's cell number in case you can make it to some future doubles but run late. I know we'd be happy to have you in the crowd.

Tee time has always been 6pm, with the drawing starting about 10-15 minutes before hand. Late in the season, tee time switches to 5:30pm to squeeze out a little more daylight.

The winners: Ronnie Adams and I tied with Will and his partner (I don't know who he paired with) with -9. There were two groups with -7. I think they were going to play off for the $10.

Hope to see you out there again, Shane. All the best,

Mike
April 17, 2003 10:27AM
I had a good time in my group, and highland will always be one of my favorite courses. I just thought a little leewway could have been given considering how far I drove to just play doubles. Not that I am in the same league, but I am sure that Climo, Hammock, or some of those guys would have been allowed. But hey, enough said, I had a great time so thats that. I did try to give Ryan Clark a call, because I thought he was going to be there. If possible could I get someone's number who is a regular and maybe Icould call if I am going to be a little late and they could just draw for me? I would like to attend regularly, but I can't afford to drive 4 hours round trip and not play because I am a little late.

Shane
shane i hope your not taking this personal but climo and hammock WOULD NOT be allowed to be a late odd dog. i thought keith should have told you to play for fun. ive seen that happen last year to a less skilled player than you.

anyway, you broke even no matter how you slice it. better than terry and i, we lost the ctp for your $10!

hope to see you kick @ss in B-ham, later bro.
BTW, it could have been real ugly if you had aced #5 instead of bouncing off the basket! ;-]
April 17, 2003 03:01PM
b-ham bound, set your alarm clock late friday, i need to catch up on my sleep.
April 17, 2003 03:41PM
Mike,

Do you guys have any floor space in the hotel room by any chance? I would be interested in hanging if you guys have the space and don't mind.

Shane
April 17, 2003 08:07PM
Did anyone happen to find a red Z magnet afterwards. I either left it by the big oak tree on 11 or it fell out of my bag on the way to my ride. Errin or Terry if you guys play tomorrow will you check in the center in case someone turned it in? Thanks alot. See everyone Sat in B-Ham.

Shane
April 17, 2003 09:57PM
shane, that's cool w/me but i haven't discussed it w/errin&will. we'll be at doubles it looks like if you want to discuss it then. who you riding with?
April 18, 2003 12:44AM
It looks like I am driving solo. I am leaving here around 11:00 or so. If you guys want to car pool that would be cool too.

Shane
April 18, 2003 08:03AM
Hey Shane,
I'm sorry as well about the prob on Wed night, but my say had no pull.

My cell phone # is 225-266-1447; I'm usually there and can relay if someone is comming and is going to be there right at 6pm. I've been told I was too late too.

See you soon,
Will T
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013