Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Citronelle now a pay per play course?

Posted by Jeff 
So I got the chance to stop and play most of the courses in the Mobile area this last week and my wife and I picked up Citronelle on the way home. When did it become a pay per play course? It cost us 2 bucks a player to play and to be honest I didn't find the course to be worth that compared to all the free courses I've played in this area.

Does anyone know what that money is going to go to? If they are planning on turning that money back into the course to improve it or increase the number of holes or something then ok I understand however if that money is just being taken to be put into the city coffers than I think they've made a mistake, because I have no desire to go back at the moment.

Anyone else know what is up with all of that?

Jeff
Blueboy
Re: Citronelle now a pay per play course?
August 09, 2002 01:43PM
That would seem to be a Joe Sherrod issue. Oh, I almost forgot. Quit yer bitchin'. Are you really that cheap? I guess you don't remember that fee you payed to get into the Bogue, huh? As to what the money is used for, I have it all. I don't improve the course at all, but instead use the money for hookers and cocaine. Of course, at two bucks a head, I'm not getting the quality hookers that I would like, so I might jack up the price.
You're right 2 bucks isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, however why pay that when I can play almost every course in MS for free (I have a yearly pass to let me in all the State parks so it really is free.)

If you are gonna charge for something that no one else is charging for you might want a reason to draw people back is all I am saying.

Jeff
Blueboy
Re: Citronelle now a pay per play course?
August 12, 2002 09:33AM
Like I said, Joe Sherrod would probably be the one to ask. However, knowing Joe, I would think that he is using the money for course improvements. You could be right about the city pushing for it, though. If that's true, you might be able to get the same pass that you have for MS parks. Of course, I don't live in Mobile, so if there's someone out there who knows the answers to these questions, now would be a good time to chime in. Oh, and I've never played Citronelle, so I can't give you my opinion of the course as a whole.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013