Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Southern Nationals 2000 - Ams not included?

Posted by Wes 
Wes
Southern Nationals 2000 - Ams not included?
January 04, 2001 03:45PM

Here is a email I sent to the PDGA regarding SNDG.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 12:42 PM
To: pdga@accglobal.net
Subject: Southern Nationals - Mobile

Dear Brian,

Just curious why points were not awarded for the Southern Nationals in Mobile. Wasn't that a B tier event? I noticed they have not sent their money in, according the website, but the stats were included. I placed 8th out of 32 folks, and I was expecting to get 50 points or so.
Am I mistaken?

Wes: I corrected your address. Thanks. Viz Southern Natls weve only entered the pro results, last year I believe they did not sanction the Amateur divisions. Im still waiting for their TD report, the results I entered I found on the web. Hopefully the TD report will get here soon, then Ill now whether you get points or not.

Regards

------------
Brian Hoeniger, Administrator

PDGA
65 Front St West, Suite 0116-24
Toronto, ON, CANADA M5J 1E6

I did not know you could have a PDGA event and sanction only PART of the field. I have never heard about this. Why would you do this? So only the 81 OPEN players get stastical credit for the Southern Nationals tournament and not the 101 Amateurs players? Please don’t misunderstand me, I enjoyed the tournament and had a good time. I am only trying to understand the purpose for this unique sanctioning.

Regards,

Wes

the am pool has never been pdga ,we never advertised it as a am pdga tournament ,.the pro pool is only run as a us open quilifier because disc golf needs more big tournaments.only one pro pool is at the us open so it would waste a lot of money to pdga both pools ,i would much rather keep the fees down and promote the s.n.tour .just like the southern nationals and the pdga you only need to play in one event to play in the finals ,unless you wait til the last minute. i hope we did not mislead anyone.of the 101 players that played in the s.n.c. am pool only 39 were members of the pdga.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013