Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2005 Southern Nationals AM Championship - 20-21 August!!

Posted by misterbogey 
I say let the ams fill the tourny.Since the rules are always being fudged with,lets just say that if they wish to play in the SNPC and cash that they will not be allowed to play in the am ranks during the 2006 season.So now come on all you baggers
Very glad to hear advanced will be playing Gold tee's! They will surely eat my lunch....but they'll eat a lot of other people up as well!
Re: 2005 Southern Nationals AM Championship - 20-21 August!!
August 16, 2005 08:39AM
inknown

i think you posted in the wrong thread

Terry Zeringue
August 16, 2005 09:30AM
we'll have boba be the special guest referee , assigned to Zingers group.
August 16, 2005 09:33AM
See Terry be carefull of what you've asked for.LOL
May your arms feel the course and may you feet take you deep into the woods.
Just kidding Terry you Advanced players will deserve the title you win!
Were pulling for ya to finish right behind those Lafayette boyz.hehehehe

tpatL
PDGA #19488
May the Course be with you
August 16, 2005 09:53AM
We have played the longer tees all year, so I don't know why I should be careful by asking for it for the championship :O)

Terry Zeringue
August 16, 2005 09:56AM
Misterbogey,

You said that Adv will play the Gold Tees on Sunday morning. I see on the schedule that Adv will play Pa Davis on Sunday, does this mean that Pa Davis now has gold tees? Or will the order of courses change?

Terry Zeringue
Yay long tees
Yay long tees
Yay long tees
Yay long tees
Yay long tees
Yay long tees

But it doesn't matter if you throw it 400+ if you miss the 15 footer. :-(
August 16, 2005 10:34AM
Adv will play long tees on the Duzee course. Saturday Afternoon.

boba will have a tazer just in case Zinger gets out of line.
August 16, 2005 10:51AM
Pa Davis is going to seem like a breeze compaired to the Duzee Pro Tee's.
We trimmed them up just for you Advance players.
I hope It doesn't take up too much time for you guys to play them or you'll have to bring a flash and a few globies.

tpatL
PDGA #19488

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2005 11:06AM by tpatL.
August 16, 2005 11:19AM
We have played them before with no problem with darkness.

Terry Zeringue
August 16, 2005 12:09PM
It shouldn't be a problem Terry.It'll only take you guys about 4 hours to play the round. plenty of time to get a card game and full night's sleep.
After all sunday's round on Ace runs short tight course will be no problem after the marithon coures Saturday.

tpatL
PDGA #19488
I hope all the "surprises" are known before the weekend. I hate to drive nine hours without knowing what to expect from the event, as in player's packages, tees, prizes, etc. Not that I'd back out at this point, but it's nice to know what to expect. I'm basing my expectations for this event on past SN championships, so let us know what's up before the end of the week. ;) rWc
RWC, now why would they want to tell you how they are going to spend the 12k?? Then they would be breaking trend. I do not recall an expense report from Memphis. But with the small interest so far it look as thou you all should be getting around a 150 pp at retail that is one disc and a shirt:}}}}}
Disclaimer: This was a post for fun and not to be taken seriously. Except for the part about the players pack:}}}}} Besides the tazer they are getting me is around 7k so that leaves around 1k!
August 16, 2005 12:40PM
Russ were just having fun with Terry.Come on down you'll have a great time. There's gona be more advance Masters to show up. North La. and Texas has a hudge sand box to play in. The courses will take there toll on the players but as Terry said they've been playing them all year long.this is gona be a great tournement.
One for the record books!

tpatL
PDGA #19488
I've only heard good things about Louisiana events, guys, so I'm not expecting anything less than these last two events! ;) Boba, I knew what to expect in Hattiesburg two years ago and was not disappointed (except in my play). We'll be there. rWc
I really hate that I am going to miss this SNAC. It will be the 1st I've missed since I started playing. But as you guys know I'm sorta tied up here at Wall Doxey getting ready for the SNPC.(cheap plug) I hope you guys have a great turnout,great weather,and all that jazz. Looking forward to see if North Mississippi can make it 3 straight ADV champions...Good luck Jeff Haydel and Kevin Irwin....you gonna need it.Lots of top notch players will be at this one.
Pat, Russ, Faircloth,
I'm looking forward to another great weekend flinging discs with the geritol crowd. Pat I'm glad I can finally get to take you up on your many invitations to come play at your house. I look forward to Lafayette's brand of southern hospitality, "Cajun Style". I'll be in before lunch on Friday to learn my way around the courses and the town. Hope to see you then. Just point me to the best restraunts, Karoke bars and cheap women and "Laissez les Bons temps Roullez". @#$%& ya'll sure talk funny.

Ohh by the way I was born in New Orleans LA., so I'm jus another homeboy from down around Laplace......

Friends & Fairways
Dale
August 16, 2005 04:58PM
Too bad i cant get any Practice for this event...
August 16, 2005 05:31PM
Just a reminder I will be set up at Acadiana Park Friday at noon. so anyone who needs to register you can come see me. Or I will direct you to whoever is signing people up

Psycho Don (Donald Tomasko)
SN board member
*previous owner of the Gnome*
Owner Psycho-Fish Disc Golf
dtomasko@psychofishdg.com
[www.psychofishdg.com]
Hey Dale, are you moving to the Am Master's division, too? Maybe we all should. rWc
August 16, 2005 05:52PM
*cough* baggers *cough*
August 16, 2005 06:05PM
Yall need to make up my mind ,before I start writing out the cards.

Maybe am masters should play yellow tees ;>

JB
August 16, 2005 08:12PM
hey dale mcveay Im from LaPlace too Ill be there at Acadiana fri morning if you wanna catchh up on all the St John crap

JB
Team MOBZ
(Jason Bourgeois)
Hey, why should I drive nine hours to play with three or four people and a purse to match??! That is, if people continue to defect to Am Masters and nobody else signs up. That's not my idea of a championship. It's not exactly cheap to drive to Lafayette from Alabama in a van hauling a pop up trailer! :0 But seriously, I'm just going by what's happening today. Maybe there will be a good crowd of advanced masters, who knows. I hope so. rWc
I'll be making the tourney this weekend, does anyone know a Clinton Rakin( I think that is his last name)? I found a disc of his at Highland, he may want this one back. Its stated on his disc that hes from Laf., so if ya know him, let me know. I'll be in town on Friday morning. Brooks
August 16, 2005 11:11PM
I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THIS BIG JOHN FELLOW IS PURE GENIUS.

i would like to wish all players good luck.
jg
Leo Otto Advanced Master is what I will be playing

I will sign up sat morning

Leo Otto
M.O.B.Z.
August 17, 2005 06:06AM
Hey Dale / Russ I hope we get a lot of over 40 guys.There's no criteria for am Masters and advance masters to seperate the too other than If your a pro master and didn't cash and want to play against others who've done likewise.Since my bicept was repaired last year and I've only been playing for less than half of the season this year.It makes sence for me to play the regular tees and not to rip the bicept off again.I love the level of competition you and many of the guys who have signed up so far bring to this sport. I still don't understand why a championship tourney would divide a small group as ours without some kind of criteria be it a point system or player rating. We should all in protest sign in on the same division. We've played together in almost every tournament under Am Master or Advanced Master but never either or in the same tournament.
We all know one another and have all won our share of tournaments. Other than the fact that some may feel they have a better chance of winning if the top points earners dont compete against them we all have won at some time or another. So I say let's make this a true Championship and sign under one group.

tpatL
PDGA #19488
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013