Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

It sucks when you bust you favorite disc...

Posted by PB 
I busted my favorite, well-worn DX Roc today. Now I have to start from scratch with a new one. I am sad.
PB, I hear ya. I've got some discs that I don't know what I would do if I lost them or busted them.

I heard or read somewhere that Ron Russell only throws new plastic. That way if he loses something, it is easily replaced. It sounds like a good idea, but that beat in <insert disc name> just won't fly the same if replaced with new plastic even in the same weight. I guess it's a matter of learning a new disc or a favorite disc in a new weight.

I'll donate a DX Roc to you if you like, 180g of course. You think you Starkvegas boys want to meet up out at Lake Lowndes this week around 6:00 (after we old guys get off work)? Monday's are usually good for us.

-Kary
PB,
Just take your new roc out to Tombigbee and play 2 rounds with it. Don't carry any other discs and throw the roc on every hole. By the end of the day, it will be well on its way to being broken in. I use this method whenever I need to "season" a new disc.
Fair
I think I could learn to throw all new plastic if I was sponsored by Discraft and they sent me boxes and boxes of discs, too.
Kary,
There is a group that will get out there around 1pm today. I don't know how long the guys I am going with will stay out, but I usually like to play untill dark. If you and Jeff and Judy make it out today, maybe we can get it at least one before dark.
PB we should pull up about 5:45 or 6PM.

Hopefully we'll see you then.

Jeff
hahahaha dangit pb.... why did you have to go and bust it on like the only day i don't play with you? i heard that you went pretty crazy. haha
I took the 1 tag from Brandon with my new Roc today. It's all good.
PB, we had a blast playing with you guys yesterday.

Keep a look out for a blue 10x KC Teebird on hole 17. That's what I get for throwing more than one shot on a hole. I seem to have a problem leaving discs on holes. I've lost several good discs that way. Oh well, if you see it or someone with it, I'd love to have it back.

-Kary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013