Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
The Zinger
A new season has begun!!
August 19, 2002 01:16PM
This SN season, every disc golfer has a resposibility on getting the scores/points to where they need to be. Just simply remind the TD after the tournament and a week or two afterward until they said that they sent them. I am sure this will help the person or persons in charge with updating the points get the results in a reasonable time frame rather than swamping him with 20 or so at one time at the end of the season.

This is just an idea of what I konw I can do, if anyone has any other suggestion on how to help out, let us all know. One person can't do it all, so let's make it a team effort
jim
Re: A new season has begun!!
August 19, 2002 03:27PM
well thank you ,we have ask john kittrell to take over the points and any other ideals he can come up with . we did find out alot of tournament were turned in together but only one posted as turn in ,i hope john will take better care of the points. players should be rewarded what is due them . each year i have ask local players to stay on top of their td to turn them in.you see these players all the time . we are holding off on making custom disc tell i can better solve this ,jim
R.A.
August 21, 2002 07:49AM
Hi Jim,

So are you saying that we won't get our disc with our name and points on them? If so, I'm really disappointed to hear that, we really look forward to getting those every year.

Why do we even have points? It seems to me the reason behind the points are the special incentives that come with having the most points at the end of season, such as playing for extra money the first round, which Ronnie and Cecil should have received last year, but instead, it was given to two other people who should NOT have received it because they were not eligible because of their standings in the points, and also, for our custom discs. If that's how it's going to be, then maybe we should do-away with the points system, or, not lead people to believe that they get speical incentives for having the most points.

We appreciate all that you do, and you know that, and I'm just giving you my opinion on the whole points issue, at this point, I think they are useless.

Have fun in Memphis, and good luck to all the pro's.

See you soon,
Robin
The Zinger
August 21, 2002 12:58PM
Robin, hey there, it's Terry.

The thing with the points: this past season was messed up alot. All of the tournament's results were not turned in. If he gave prizes this year it would be unfair for the ones who did really well in the tournaments that were not turned in. In my case, I think I am in eigth in points, but the points for LA OPEN and LA Doubles, two events which I did really well, were not turned in. I believe that I could have moved up a few spots. The same goes with the players behind me, they could have leap-frogged me and moved up in the standings. I think Jim knew that the points system wasn't how he would have liked it, so he thought the best answer for this PAST year was just to not give prizes. John has taken over for this year so it should run more smoothly. Plus now we all see how hard it might be for someone to do all this, so we ALL should help out any way possible.
R.A.
August 21, 2002 02:45PM
Hi Terry,

Thanks for your input, I appreciate and understand where your coming from. And a big thanks to John K. for volunteering to keep up with the points, it's a tough job.

However, in the past years, since the Southern Nationals started 4 years ago, not all the points were turned in for those years, yet they continued to give out the custom discs and extra monies for the folks with most points, and frankly, I don't see how they can make all TD's turn in their points for every tournament without implementing a system to do so. And, I truly hope that I'm wrong and that every tourney gets posted and everyone gets their points, but I just don't see that happening. I agree that we should do what we can to get the points to the appropriate people, and again, I'm only going by past years.

Maybe they could develop some type of "results" form that can be copied and given out to the TD's who participate in the Southern National tourney's that says the points need to be turned in a certain amount of time so that it prompts them to either fax to John K. or Jim O. after the tourney, or work something out with the website designer to design the form to where all they have to do is enter that information (and make it simple, because not everyone is a computer genius). I for one, would be glad to volunteer to post that info on the website for our local tournaments, if we can set up some type of method for doing so. If it's as simple as posting this information in the "forum" section, then that seems simple enough. But then that involves gettting folks from each city that has a tourney to do the same, and I would love to see that happen, but realistically I don't see that happening. Now, if John K. is going to personally follow-up after each tourney to see that the points are turned in, then maybe it would work. I guess my point is, there needs to be a procedural system in place to make this happen, so that it is fair to everyone and that everyone receives the points they are due.

I totally agree with the fact that if you are in 8th place right now, and the points that are not posted would have moved you up to 2nd or 3rd, then yeah, that's a problem. In the past though, not all points have been turned in, and no one probably ever said anything because they didn't realize it. I would like to see this whole "points" issue resolved, and in time, I think it can be, but it will take some sort of system to make it happen. Thanks again for your input, I think we are on the right track, but it will take time to perfect it.

Robin
vl
August 21, 2002 10:55PM
terry that is not true. i know for a fact that todd sent in the results to the SN folks. TWICE.
vl
August 21, 2002 11:12PM
and i posted the results after jim requested we resend them...

(look at the dates of the RESULTS post in the LA OPEN C TIER thread in this forum)

i went and dug up the third "sending" of the results... and posted something in it so it would come "back up to the top" of the SN forum

that perhaps is part of the problem. not everyone knows how (or where) to look for the data that has been turned in (a number of times)
jim
August 22, 2002 10:59AM
i said they would be late , jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013