Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

why some guys lock there non throwing arm?

Posted by Print Kincade 
Watching videos and some of the pros, I notice that they lock their non throwing arm when getting ready for a drive. Anyone got any ideas why they do this. I noticed Klimo doing it and then I noticed Todd Alexander doing it. Looks like they kinda lock it in a bent position.
I would say an ideal position for the non-throwing arm is as close to your body as possible. Witness the increase in turning speed of an ice skater as they bring their arms closer into their body.

But it's really all about what's comfortable and what works for you.

-Kary
what I am talking about is before they throw. Thier non throwing arm is close to their body when throwing. I am talking about when they are looking at the hole... It looks like they are pulling the disc out of their other hand.
Ohhh, gotcha.

I put both hands on the disc on my run-up. I guess it's just a comfort thing. I wouldn't rule out that I picked it up from watching those same videos, though.

Here's some thoughts:
- it keeps your non-throwing arm close in to your body. You just let it drop by your side on the reach back and pull through.
- having both hands on the disc gives you a better sense of how you're lining the disc up to the shot. That could probably be worded better, I hope you get the idea.
- comfort: a sense of stability and sureness of disc in hand

-Kary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013