Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WATCH OUT FOR WHAT TREE?

Posted by pissterbogey 
pissterbogey
WATCH OUT FOR WHAT TREE?
April 24, 2003 09:53PM
Well the long arms of Acadiana Park did it again! Remember the tree that was across #6 on the Ace Run Course? If not, you can go to the acadianapark.com site and view the course photos...I'm leaving the tree there in memory!

But someone (who shall go nameless, cause we can't use names like that on here) had the city come out and cut it down, bulldozing out the left side of the fairway in the process. It's a forest people, it's supposed to have trees...geez!

They love those long fairways, but put a 100 year old tree in the way and it's history...wimps! ;-)
Man that tree was perfect where it was. It made the hole not only look nice but a good challenge. Oh well Acadaiana Park is still an awesome disc golf course. I can't wait to see how that hole looks now. I hope they left some trees in the way to make it still challenging.
That *seriously* sucks, misterbogey. Of the new holes, I and a few others thought that the horizontal tree helped to make that a signature hole. That was a unique shot that few other courses have. =8(
Re: WATCH OUT FOR WHAT TREE?
April 25, 2003 06:46AM
So much for a comity dission !!!!!!! i also though that it was unique
v
April 25, 2003 10:02AM
that is a shame... perhaps it was the city that removed the half fallen tree out of concern about liability if the tree came down on a golfer?

that sure was a kewl turnover tunnel.
misterbogey
April 25, 2003 11:35AM
Well it looks like most people loved the tree...The city did remove it at our request. The tree was already about as down as it can get.

But ya' know how unsubtle the city is at removing trees...look what they did to the old mando on the Duzee course!

The good news is they FINALLY picked up the old limbs and trash that were by the street.
April 28, 2003 09:26AM
I finally got a chance to play saturday i've been nursing a strained achillies for the last 4 weeks. the hole is really cleared out but it isn't too bad. the cleanup they did looks great. still a good challange to ace though.
April 28, 2003 02:48PM
Great to see you're back Pat.

I know it's the "Ace Run" course, but every hole doesn't have to be one...

And stay away from the basketball court...you're not as young as you used to be...;-p
April 28, 2003 03:22PM
AMEN to that misterbogie thats why I need to play with the older guys. the course really looks better everytime I get on it. all you need to do stay away a few weeks and you can see the differance.the masqitos aren't even that bad.boy do we have a couple of sweet course or what.!!!!!!!!!
April 28, 2003 05:15PM
That tree on 6 did make it a sig shot. Too bad!

Bogey, can you send me a high res version of your acadiana park image?
April 28, 2003 09:29PM
Just sent the logo to your e-mailaddy Doozie. Hope it's high res enough as it was done just for the website.
April 29, 2003 05:04AM
I THINK THE CITY CUT THE TREE ON THERE OWN! I KNOW THAT THE HEAD OF PARKS AND REC COMES OUT EVERY SO OFTEN TO LOOK AT WHATS GOING ON. I HOPE KNOW ONE CALLED JUST BECAUSE IT MADE IT A LITTLE TOUGH. THE TREE IS GONE LETS PLANT ANOTHER ONE TO TAKE ITS PLACE.AND LETSPLAY GOLF.
April 29, 2003 10:46AM
Hey pat the city did do a great job of cleaning up and the course looks great! planting new trees sounds good too although you still can't see the basket from the tee box.If you need any help with anything let me know.
April 29, 2003 08:49PM
Good idea let's plant another tree...that way our great grandchildren can see what it looked like...;-p

They did get all that trash finally...guess next time we want trash hauled off we'll tell em' there's a big oak tree in the way.
April 30, 2003 11:27AM
You just have to hate those trees in the fairway..
April 30, 2003 08:35PM
No trees no "Crow's" nest...;-p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013