Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cosser/Enid State Park Water Going Down

Posted by Brad 
Just talked to a Ranger at Cosser State Park at Enid Lake. He said that the water had gone down. Only Hole 5 is still a problem with water. Course is rough after being under water for a few months but should be dry and playable in about 3 weeks as the water is still going down. Hopefully we can get a Tournament down there this fall??

Brad
Played Cossar this weekend and the water is no longer what will keep you from playing. I played 16 holes and couldn't play the other 2 due to picnicers and drunken boaters.

Course is rough but very playable and somewhat more enjoyable without all the underbrush to get in your way. Some of the tee markers are gone though so you need to sort of know where you are going before hand.
We played all 18 at Cossar Sunday on the way home from the SNC. No problem, although we did get heckled by drunken boaters on 13, we deserved it. You might want to play it a little safer on 13 unless you can crank 400 feet reliably. Don't ask what Jason and I shot, but DW was -8. BTW, the Jackson crew did not take anybody's money at the SNC, but it was a very well run tournament and I had a blast since I am used to not cashing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013