Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question about Southern National Points & Championships

Posted by Just 2 It 
Question about Southern National Points & Championships
April 29, 2003 03:04PM
Hello All

If you are an amature and you play pro after May 31, 2003 can you still play in the Southern National Championships in the amature division on Aug 16-17 2003?

Re: Question about Southern National Points & Championships
April 29, 2003 03:22PM
What about if you cash in a Pro division in the same scenario? Do you have to turn down to money?

Jeff
April 29, 2003 03:23PM
just 2 it - yes, if on June 1st if you want to play with the big dogs you can. This does nothing to effect where you play in the SN Championship. Play with the pros and take that couple months of pounding and give it back to those am players in Hattiesburg. Then play in the Pro SN Championship in Baton Rouge against a huge pro field. This is your one chance to play both tournaments (unless you stink it up in the pro division and slide back down - which I'm sure you won't) Later...
John k
April 29, 2003 03:26PM
cajundo - no, one season does not influence the next season. If you cash before the am sn championship that's great. However you may be called a sandbagger when you play in the sn am championship, but kick there butts one last time...
John k
April 29, 2003 03:39PM
Yeah well my wife has been getting called a bagger for a while now! I, however, have not had that distinction! ;)

Well I guess this settles it then, Judy will be playing Open Women come June 1st, so Just2It you better watch out short blondie is gonna be gunnin' for ya.

Jeff
Spouse of the Lake Lowndes course pro.
I hear ya!! That's good news to me too. I'll be moving up come the Cossar Crossover, and can't wait to play both southern national championships.
Fair
April 30, 2003 10:07AM
Whats your plans then, Jeff? You going to move up? I am considering the jump, however I know that my consistancy will hurt me, but nothing better than more competition.

I think that Memphis will be a good springboard or it might sink me back down to size. Hope to see everyone there.
April 30, 2003 10:14AM
I will be playing Advanced at the Cossar Crossover and full time after that with the one caveat of gunning for that basket in Am's at SN Am Champs tourney. My wife will also be moving up, which means what we will be paying for entries will have sky rocketed. I just hope she starts earning some of it back!!!!

Jeff
Let's not talk about consistency....after all I OWN the Mr. Inconsistency Title 2003...I'm gettin' ready to do my normal nose-dive at the 'ol home courses!! AAAAIIIEEEE!!! Griff (remaining Adv. most likely...gotta play more with Jeff to develop my elbow tendons for a bionic forearm!!)
April 30, 2003 10:47AM
Thats funny.. Good to hear Jeff. I am sure a little neck injury never affected anyones game, griff.

You looked at the point Jeff? Looks like Stephen is making a late run at ya.
He made a huge jump. Not sure how he did that. Guess you guys ought to be glad that I missed the fall tournaments! lol

April 30, 2003 11:06AM
Stephen made a huge jump because he had points as "Steven James" and "Stephen James" - I just combined all his points under one name...
John k - the points guy
(I'll be bringing all the current points info stuff to Bud Hill for any questions concerning points)
April 30, 2003 11:06AM
Yeah Stephen is going to force me into another tournament that I honestly wasn't going to end up going to. Looks like Judy and I will be making the trek to Little Rock. I've had to do some rather lengthy rearrangement of plans to get it together but I think it is all in line now.

Jeff
April 30, 2003 11:08AM
But Steven James is an old buddy of mine back from my war days and is completely different from Stephen James who is an old pot head from up at Holly Springs!!!! =)

That's cool however he got his points, I will be first at the end of the year even if I have to Tonya Harding him on his throwing hand!!!!!

Jeff
April 30, 2003 11:12AM
If Stephen is at Bud Hill I'll ask him or if he sees this thread - Stephen have you attended 11 tournaments this year??? Are there in fact two Stephen and Steven James???
john k
April 30, 2003 11:18AM
I was joking John! ;) I've seen Stephen at the Cossar Winter Classic, Tish Ice Bowl, Wall Doxey Ice Bowl, Tish Spring, Tombigbee Spring, and Wall Doxey Spring and that is just since Christmas. So I'd imagine he could have easily made 5 others in the fall.
April 30, 2003 11:23AM
Awesome. It looks like I am goint to get to make it to Little Rock too. I cant wait. I love to play new courses. Its always an adventure. I will know for sure next week whether I will get to go, but for now it looks like a road trip.
Where had Kerry been? He is going to make it to Bud Hill huh?
kr
April 30, 2003 11:34AM
Yeah, I'll be at the Hill. I missed Doxey cause I had to work. And I'm booked up solid with a wedding and family obligations every other weekend in May so I can't make Ark. States or the Rocket City Blast =(

Jeff and I are coming up to play The Forest Friday afternoon and maybe Bud Hill if we have time.

See ya this weekend.

-Kary
April 30, 2003 01:06PM
Print what are you plans for accomadations in Little Rock? Judy and I will be going and probably looking for someone to split hotel costs with if possible. Would you and Robin be interested in that?

Jeff
April 30, 2003 01:36PM
I dont know that Robin will make that road trip, as a matter of fact, she doesn't know that I will be going ;)

I will talk to her this afternoon. I will let you know as soon as I do.
May 02, 2003 11:05AM
Okay let me see if I have this right....if a person plays am in one tournament....they get am points for the SN.....but if they play pro they get pro points...?? and then they can play in both championships? or do all their points count just in the division they are playing in....say...a person in 5 tournaments plays am....then they decide to play pro for 1 tournament and they get like 2nd or 3 place...does their pro points...count towards the am division they are in or do they count towards the pro.....I guess it means that everybody could feasibly have points in both divisions...

Please tell me if I have got this right....

Icey
May 02, 2003 11:09AM
You can get points in both Divisions during a single year. However, if you accept money during that year, you are immediately ineligible for the end of the year AM Tournament. If you do not accept money then you can still play in the end of the year AM Tournament. That's how I see the rules.

May 02, 2003 11:13AM
And the points would remain separate for the player....right....and if they want to play in the Championships and they have accepted money then they will have to play in the Pro Championships....correct?

Beth
I thought you would have to play pro in an event THIS POINTS SEASON to be able to play in this year's Am AND Pro championships. If you play in a pro event AFTER MAY, you would only be eligible for NEXT year's championship. Is that not right? RwC
May 02, 2003 11:35AM
That's correct Russ. That is also correct Russ wife Beth. ;) See you two in Memphis! Why aren't yall already at the Hill????
SHHH. Brad, I'm still at work. I wish I WAS at the hill playing. I'm doing that in my head, however. We'll be leaving about 6 p.m. (I hope) if my wife packs the van and has it ready when I get off work! We're staying at my brother's house tonight and will probably set up the trailer at Shelby Forest Saturday morning, then check out the temp holes. Looking forward to a great weekend! RwC

P.S. See if you can do anything about that 60-percent chance of rain Sunday!
May 02, 2003 12:54PM
Yeah right me...pack the van totally...you are dreaming...I need to stay here at work until 4:15pm just to get my 40 hours in this week....also...Dylan never packed...so I gotta get him packed...and get Will to decide if he is going...btw...I did at lunch clean out the van though...and yesterday I did get the gas.....in it...to make it.....and...Russ.....you better make sure you are ready to drive the WHOLE way up there...since I did double duty for Wall Doxie

Icey/Beth
May 02, 2003 01:16PM
You can receive points in as many divisions as you sign up to play. They don't count toward your total in any one division because if that was the case what would keep an advanced player from playing Am in a few tournaments just to pad his total?
May 02, 2003 11:22PM
If I played Am this weekend, Advanced weekend, and Pro the weekend after, I would get points in all those divisions AND I would be able to play in the Am SNDGC and Pro SNDGC. BUT if I would happen to cash in the Pro tournament AND ACCEPTED it, I would not be able to play in the Am SNDGC.

Hope this helps.
May 02, 2003 11:48PM
Furthermore, if Terry didn't play pro AT ALL before May 31, and began playing pro in June, he would not be qualified for this season's pro championships in BR. You have to have pro points from this season. Right, John?
May 04, 2003 09:41AM
Right Crow
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013