Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question about Southern National Points & Championships

Posted by Just 2 It 
Crow and Terry - You are both incorrect. You don't have to have pro points to play in the SN Championship. The only qualification for playing in the tournament is to have played in a tournament during the season. An advanced player who plans on staying advanced for next season can play in the pro championship if they want to see how they measure against the pros. Last year Matt O played in the SN championship in Memphis and turned down last place cash so he could continue to play advanced. (He moved to the pro division permenantely a couple weeks ago.)

Points stay in the division you competed in that tournament, so you could have points in several different divisions. Wally Free for example has points in Pro Open, Pro masters and the Grandmaster division.
Re: Question about Southern National Points & Championships
May 04, 2003 11:13PM
John, I have always been told that to play in the Pro SNDGC you must have at least 1 point in a Pro division.
May 05, 2003 07:58AM
I had a discussion along these lines with Jim O recently. The gist of it was why hold back am players who want to gauge themselves against the best the Southern Nationals have to offer. Jim O can we have a ruling please...
John k
I would prefer that you have played in at least one pro tournament to qualify. This gives some incentive to the Climos, Youngs, and Hammocks, to play in some of the tournaments during the year instead of just coming to the championships and cashing each year.

IMO

Shane Seal
PDGA # 13928
May 05, 2003 09:59AM
What John is saying is that you DO have to have SN points, just not in the pro division. You can have Am or Adv points and play in the Pro championships even if you have no Pro points. Obviously, Climo wouldn't have Am points, but he does have Pro points this year, as do Hammock and Worm.
May 05, 2003 03:08PM
I gottcha John. So this is something new? I do like it this way.
May 07, 2003 07:38AM
Jim O sent me a email quote "you can move up, just not down" So any of you ams that are wondering if you got the game for the pro division step up and see. Later...
John k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013