Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BATON ROUGE LA TOURNAMENT

Posted by JIM ORUM 
BATON ROUGE LA TOURNAMENT
May 06, 2003 11:24AM
this saturday is the baton rouge tournament , if you have the time this is a pro dream come true playing at highland park. ronnie and will do a great job there to , this course has been around a long time , it will be used in the s.n.c hope to see you there , jim
Re: BATON ROUGE LA TOURNAMENT
May 06, 2003 09:48PM
That's a fact! Come get a little tune up for the SNDGC on the widely acclaimed Highland Road Park, in Baton Rouge, La. Normal BR fee's, and payouts.
Ring of fire - Start of the BR Rolling Ace Pot - CTP's - and good golf with great people!!
Any Questions e-mail me at skysouthwest@msn.com or Ronnie Cook at rwcwm@bellsouth.net

or better yet, just post it here.
May 07, 2003 09:45PM
just to let you know the extinct disc golf journal once rated highland road park
in the to 25(or50) courses in the world. dont miss your chance to experience the
course giving birth to w.b.t's and my disc golf addition/affliction. see all! there. jonfox
May 07, 2003 11:00PM
thinking of making the trip down. can someone hook me up with some driving directions?
May 07, 2003 11:06PM
Kevin, where are you coming from?
May 08, 2003 05:40AM
From I-10, exit Siegen Lane (Exit 163), go south 3 miles to a left on Highland Road, 2nd left to Amiss, 1st right to North Amiss, right to parking lot. Park by playground and head straight (south) 100 yards to 1st tee.

Be sure to stop at pavillion to check in. =8)

If you're coming in on I-12, head south on I-10. If you're coming from south of Baton Rouge, make a left on to Siegen. If you're coming from the west/north/I-12, make a right on to Siegen.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2003 09:34AM
did ronnie&errin's -11 hold up last nite in doubles? if only they'd birdied hole 3 (190 feet) they could have tied the doubles record of -12, set by todd&mikey 2 years ago and tied by some other team later.
May 08, 2003 09:50AM
No. The two teams in our group decided to pool our two -6s together for a -12. We smashed your record and took first place cash. We rule!
May 08, 2003 01:06PM
Correction to what Goby has written. Amiss isn't the second left, it's the third left.

From I-12 west.
I-12 will become 3 lanes after the Oneal Ln exit. Now you would take the fifth exit(not really an exit but it's the I-10 east on-ramp). Get off at the Siegen Ln exit(third exit). Take a right.

Once you get onto Siegen, take a left at the third light. You will now be on Highland. The third left will be Amiss Rd(road goes straight up and you will see baseball diamonds on right). Go to the stop sign and go right. Entrance is on right. We meet at the pavilion next to the playground.
Griff
May 08, 2003 01:23PM
Road warriorin' on down for another shot at that LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG mutha'!! Probably gettin' in early in the evening Friday and hittin' one of the hotels on Siegen....from there, where are some decent waterin' holes?? Any suggestions??
Griff
May 08, 2003 01:51PM
Sorry if the directions are off. They were copied and pasted from the PDGA web site.

Griff, try to stay at the Microtel Inn at I-10 and Siegen if you can. Will Timmons has arranged for a discounted rate for all (?) BR DG events. To reserve a room call 225-291-6200 and let them know you are coming for a disc golf event this weekend. You may need to ask for Chris LeBlanc, the Asst. GM.
GRIFF
May 08, 2003 02:06PM
SWEET!! MICROTEL IT IS!! Great job Will T.!! That $39.99 is a Great Deal!! See ya'll in the a.m. Saturday...lemme know if there are any waterin' holes nearby--it's a long ride ya know!! Griff
May 08, 2003 09:14PM
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUST GOT A CALL FROM DES READING, THE WOMAN'S WORLD CHAMP, AND SHE AND HER HUSBAND WILL BE COMING FOR THE MAY MADNESS!!!!

DON'T MISS THIS OPPERTUNITY TO GET TO MEET ONE OF THE NICEST DISC GOLFER COUPLES SINCE OUR OWN BELOVED RA/RA. (PLUS I PUT $ ON DES' SCORE BEING ABLE TO CASH IN THE OPEN DIVISION!)

LOOKS LIKE IT SHOULD BE A GOOD TURNOUT!

PEACE,
WILLY TD
May 08, 2003 09:28PM
I'll echo Will's comments. I met Yeti and Des at one of the Houston events last January. Two of the warmest people you will ever meet. Des gave Will a run at the USDGC last October so I too would be willing to bet her score would cash in Open.
is that an offer to give me your $$$? i could sure use some extra gas money!
vl
May 08, 2003 11:41PM
hey goby,

expect a phone call from yeti & des about a place to crash for the may madness event.
May 09, 2003 07:40AM
Okay, I was typing and then it disappeared and gave me a new box to type in, so I might have just posted something that I didn't get to finish! oops!

Anyway, what I WAS TRYING to say was, Will, we got your message last night and I think it is FREAKIN AWESOME that Des is coming to our tourney! I have never had the opportunity to see her play, so it is well worth the $30 for lessons on how the REAL pro women play. It sure would be nice if you and Ronnie could group us pro women together both rounds, hint, hint! If not, I understand, I guess maybe some of the guys want lessons too :) Who is Des sponsored by?

See you guys tonight or in the morning.

Robin :)
May 09, 2003 07:43AM
I didn't mess up the first time afterall, woo-hoo! I know, WHATEVER! I'm so excited that I get to throw with Des, that is so cool!

Robin :)
May 09, 2003 08:11AM
Hey Robin,

Des is sponsored by Innova. If Jay and Des do make it (the drive is considerably longer than they anticipated), we'll be out at Highland this evening.
May 09, 2003 08:24AM
Hey Goby,

Thanks. Ronnie and I are planning to go out to Highland after work, hope to see you guys there, I'm looking forward to meeting them.

Robin
bobsatter
May 09, 2003 12:37PM
I heard they where in Missiouri! Whats the real scoop?
May 09, 2003 02:13PM
Two different 2002 World Champions? There's a he AND a she. =8) The she is in Texas and was giving thought to May Madness, but 16 hours of total drive for a one-day event is a bit much.
May 09, 2003 03:53PM
count on the Robichauxs being there
bobsatter
May 09, 2003 06:27PM
How right you are!!
May 09, 2003 08:59PM
OH MY STARS!!

Robin you are so lucky! How fun it will be to play with Des Reading OH!! I am so excited for you!! Have fun girl! She is really nice! I got to meet her at the Women's Championship in Peoria, IL last year.

I was so excited! I didn't play very well but its hard to watch and play at the same time. She is really awesome!

Good Luck!

Happy Golfing!

Lori
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013