Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

belated sndg tournament comment

Posted by Michael P. 
Michael P.
belated sndg tournament comment
September 11, 2002 08:33PM
Just a brief comment on SNDG Pro Championship.What a great tournament! Congrats to Memphis Disc Golf Club for a great job. Well Done! Thanks to all the volunteers and staff. Special thanks to Danny and Barbara Daniels for being such great hosts. Congrats to Danny Daniels on receiving the Mike Preston Life Time Volunteer Award. A well deserved award and I'm hoping that he will share this with Barbara. Congrats to Lori Metzger on receiving the Wally Free Award. Great choice! It's always great to be in Memphis &Bud Hill. I look forward to seeing old friends & making new ones.I don't think i'm the only one that knew MDGC could put on such a great tournament.A lot of other people also found out this to be a SNDG Championship to be remember.Congrats to all who participated from first to last place.Phillip R. you are "THE MAN". John L. I knew you could do it .Wally & Jett great job. Gary W. Jeff K. thanks great job well done!Thanks again to everyone,can't wait till Nov.
Re: belated sndg tournament comment
September 12, 2002 08:43AM
I was looking at the PDGA Tour Stats thru August 25th or so. The Southern National PRO Championship would have been the 14th largest A Tier Tournament moneywise out of 39.

Since the Tournament was listed as a B Tier, it was the largest B Tier Tournament of the year....TWICE as much as the 2nd place B Tier.

Brad

p.s. Since this was a PDGA Tournament, did anyone turn in the results to them?
vl
September 12, 2002 10:52AM
There is a $15,000 B Tier in Texas,.. the TEX 10 finals... that will occur later this season.

Thanks again to Harold Duvall for stepping up to help Jim0 to make the SN event a BTIER and USDGC qualifier...
September 12, 2002 12:43PM
As I understand this correctly, the only reason that the SNDG chps are a B tier event and not an A tier is that in order to have an A tier event, Everyone that particapates must be a current PDGA member, and as we know, that would not include probably 3/4 of the people who enjoy the SNDG series for what it is. Jim is trying to work out a way for us to be able to wave the mandatory membership fee which would allow us to reach A tier status.
I for one am tickled purple that we are a B tier, and a USDGC qualifyer, because I, William B. Timmons am USDGC bound! Wish me luck.
vl
September 12, 2002 01:02PM
you can "lobby" the PDGA concerning stuff like that...

it would perhaps end up as an XA Tier.

X tier events are "experimental" so to speak.

now that the PDGA is starting a National Tour next season, perhaps they will be more open minded to "experimenting" with A Tiers.

the main differences between A,B,C Tiers is the amount of money that a TD must guarantee to the Open Pro winner and also points. A Tiers are triple points, B Tiers are double points and so on...
September 13, 2002 07:34AM
>because I, William B. Timmons am USDGC bound! Wish me luck.

Whoohoo. I wish you luck, Will!

Mike
September 13, 2002 09:39AM
Will,
All of us here in Hattiesburg would like to congratulate you on qualifying for the USDGC, it looks like you played a hell of a tournament up there in Memphis judging from the standings. I have got to get up there sometime and play those courses, from what I here they are really nice! Well, go get em' TIGER, and show them what Southern Nationals Disc Golf is all about.
Best of luck to you,
Hub City Sky Valet!
September 15, 2002 08:01AM
Mike P. We could not have done it without all of yals support too.Thanks for the Pros. and everone who showed up.Special thanks for the award for Barbara and me this is the nicest award i have ever received. Thanks Danny see yal in Nov.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 62
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013