Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2005 LA States - 3-4 Dec

Posted by WillyBT 
2005 LA States - 3-4 Dec
November 05, 2005 08:18PM
INNOVA presents the 15th Annual Louisiana State Disc Golf Championships
Date(s): 12/03/2005 - 12/04/2005
Location: Greenwood Park / Highland Road Park - Baton Rouge, LA
Phone: (225) 975-1533
Email: skysouthwest [at] cox.net

Other Information:
The First Tournament in Baton Rouge to Feature All Three of our Courses:
Saturday: Greenwood and Scottlandville
Sunday: Highland (Novice and Jr Saturday Only)

If the Number of People justify it –
There Will Be 2 Pools on Saturday

ENTRY FEES:
Open Pro / Masters: $50
Pro Women / Grandmasters: $40
Advanced / Intermediate Mast: $35
Intermediate Men and Women: $25
Novice and Junior: $15 (Sat Only)

Saturday:
Greenwood -
Meeting 9:35
1st Rd: 10:00
2nd Rd: 1 Hr After Last Card Turned In - Games after 1st Round

Sunday:
1st Rd 9am
Final 9 for the top 4 Open Scores
Awards

Plaques for the top Three in all Divisions
Players Packs with Shirts, Mini’s and more!

For More Information Call Or E-Mail:
Will Timmons - 225-975-1533 skysouthwest@cox.net

Terry Zeringue – 225-892-7974 thezinger79@yahoo.com

Here's a rundown of what is in line for the LA States for 2005.

Day 1 Saturday Dec. 3: Day starts off with a round at Greenwood Park. Sign up and players meeting will be there as well. Plan on using the big pavillion at the end of the park by hole 1.

Open Masters and Adv will play the yellow tees, all else but the Nov, Jr, and Int Women will play Orange. The other 3 will play the 4 blue tees.

The seccond round will be at the beautiful Scottlandville Parkway Park. It is very close to the Greenwood course, and we will be prepaired to beable to split the field into pools and use both courses to accomodate a large field if needed.
The Open Masters and Advanced will play the Gold tees, Adv, Int Mast, Int Men, Pro Women, G-Mast will play the orange tees, and Int Women, Nov and Jr will play the Blue tees.

Novice and Jr will only play on Saturday!

I am planning on having Distance and putting at S-ville after the last round Saturday.

Sunday's round will be at Highland Road Park. Pros, Masters, and Adv will play yellow tees, and all else will play the orange tees.

Awards and BRDGA End of the Year Point Trophies will be presented after a Final 6 holes with the top 4 open pro scores go at it.

It will be a PDGA B-Tier to be able to let our non-PDGA SN members play (for that small $5 fee) and Baskets will be given out to first place in the Am divisions.

Players Packs will have shirts for the first 75 that sign up, minis, Quater K disc, playinig cards, and more I'm sure. (items may change due to probs that are beyond TD's control)

Entry fees are low, and I'm working on a Host Hotel for traveling players. If things work out, I may try to have a mini golf course set up at Host Hotel, but that is all speculation as of now.

Anything else I'm forgetting to say?

Thanks to Mikey Mike for letting us take the tournament over, and to Kevin P and Psycho Fish for all the help.

The Proto-plaques for the States will be viewable at the Greenwood Gobbler, and pre registration will be permitted then as well.

I do plan on having a way to pre register so I can have a slight idea on how many are planning on attending, and those that want to have a shirt can reserve theirs first!

Now the work on the courses begain.

Just as a side note to some - Scottlandville will be set up in the orrigional 18 hole design. Only 2 people shot under par the first time we used this layout!

Peace,
Willy BT
LA State Coord
PDGA #10542
SN member since the start!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2005 07:37PM by John K.
Re: 2005 LA States Dec 3-4 BR, LA
November 06, 2005 03:48PM
Shipley and the TCCG will be there. I like the layout that you picked out. Good setup for a good Tourney. The TCCG can donate a few things like Ice-chest and a few chairs or something.
November 07, 2005 07:59AM
Sounds awesome. I'll definitely be there.

Is it just one round one on Sunday?
November 07, 2005 09:20PM
There will be one round and the final 6. Thinking about daylight and time - the distance and putting may have to be Sunday before the finals? or not at all?
Things will fall more into place as I get it down on paper and hear from the PDGA about the sanctioning.

I'll post as I find out stuff!

Willy BT
November 08, 2005 10:01AM
Not to stir up the hornets nest but, I am curious as to how much added cash there is? I know that Mikey raised a lot and was curious as to how much will be added to the open divison? Will Mikey still be helping as Asst. TD?
Thanks to all the sponsors and of course to Mikey and Will for putting on this great event. One more thing I see where A tier events have non pdga players playing in them. Boba
November 08, 2005 04:51PM
What kind of baskets you guys planning on offering for 1st place Am. I don't want any of my Texas boys to be disappointed with the payout.
November 08, 2005 05:19PM
Tell your Texas boys to move up if they are disappointed with the payout in Ams.
November 08, 2005 05:22PM
You have to win first don't you? If the basket fails to meet Texas standards will your boys not try as hard to win, or will they just skip the tournament all together? It seems a bit silly to me that the type of basket first place gets would affect someone's decision on whether or not to participate.

The tournament is going to be a lot of fun and it the three courses offer varied topography. That way no one skill, be it distance or finesse, will prevail.
November 08, 2005 07:20PM
Sorry I won't be making it fellas. Have a good time and best of luck to all
November 08, 2005 09:29PM
As for all of the $. There are still discs that are the CFR type that need to be sold - three Innova Sports that I have to get from Mikey - and about $560 in cash that I got from him. He had already paid the PDGA, and the park in NO for lots of reservations and fees (not sure how much but remember it was a bunch) I have sold some of the discs on e-bay, but didn't even get the $20 they are to be sold for for them, but it is something.
Mikey had made it clear to me a while back that he didn't want anything to do with Disc Golf for at least 2 years, and that the tournament was ours. He did give me a box with some Quater K's and other smaller things for CTP's and the like, but as for the money from the discs that Eric sold, and if the PDGA will cut us a break (haven't heard from them since I started to try and get in touch with them when it was decided the tournament was moving.
As for the Plaques - Psycho-Fish has them covered (they will have a sample at the Gobbler) and W. Monroe is going to help out with the tournemant shirts. Disc Wing is supposed to donate @ 100 Quater K's, and hopefully we will have others helping out.

No Matter What - like Jose says - It will be a great tournament - a great time - with great people. Why not show?

Oh and it is the 19th annual - not the 15th like I orrigionally told Mikey.

Peace,
Willy BT
November 08, 2005 11:45PM
Will, give me a shout....I can go ahead and get some prices on the Shirts. I just need to know what type of shirts you want and the Design type and how many colors and etc. We are getting our Turkey Shoot shirts 50/50 cotton with 2 colors for $ 6.00 a shirt....posibility cheaper with a larger number ordered for the States. Hollar at me at home or E-mail me. Later,

Shipley
November 09, 2005 08:18AM
will put skysouth.com down for $300 in meds. i will send some nice custom discs and things,call me when you have time, thanks will, now go ace one for me, jim
November 09, 2005 09:09AM
Thanks Will! i was just curious, cause the event was once advertised as 3000 added. I will also sponsor the event since it will be my last event for awhile. Let me know if there is anything you need help with. If the QK's do come{they may or may not} that would be 1000 to the pot!$!$!$
Anonymous User
November 09, 2005 09:15AM
ha ha ha, the SN just sent ET some money, maybe he'll donate that to cover his debt, ha ha ha.

oh and i think Mikey said he was tired of waiting on someone from BR to pick up these baskets from his unliveable hurricane-damaged house, and he's tired of supporting the crooks in the SN so he's just gonna keep the baskets. something about, he needs the money for repairs? i think he said you should ask Psychofish and Lafayette to donate baskets instead, since they're sitting on thousands of dollars that they didn't spend at the SNAC.

but that's just what i heard. of course, i saw him hanging out with GregOsnose last night, maybe he just needs the money for blow and coke ho's. or was that ET? i can't tell these scumbags from NO team apart these days.
November 09, 2005 09:23AM
I will but those off of you at the gobbler! better yet i will call you.
November 09, 2005 04:12PM
(Tell your Texas boys to move up if they are disappointed with the payout in Ams.)

Many of them have and were looking forward to the "A" tier in nawlins. @#$%& Katrina...

(You have to win first don't you? If the basket fails to meet Texas standards will your boys not try as hard to win, or will they just skip the tournament all together? It seems a bit silly to me that the type of basket first place gets would affect someone's decision on whether or not to participate.)

I made the comment as a mean stab to the payout for first at the '05 SNAC and how it rated to past championship payouts. I'm still pissed over that one.

(The tournament is going to be a lot of fun and it the three courses offer varied topography. That way no one skill, be it distance or finesse, will prevail.)

I love Highland and Greenwood parks. Hell I helped build the @#$%& thing. I've played Baton Rouge tourneys for a long time. Sorry I'm going to miss this one, but one of our TD's has a series ongoing and the December 3rd stop will have an estimated $1200 ace pot carry over. If it were not for that, I would be basting in the winter sun with my fellow LA disc golfers. However, I know Will, he'll pull off a great event. He always does.

November 09, 2005 07:48PM
Willy BT, I love the way you TD's think that because a player is a GrandMaster they need to play shorter tees. Even if GrandMasters can't throw as far as Open, Master and Advanced, they have been playing long enough to keep it in the fairway and move at a quicker pace than am's who are all over the place. On a personal level I can throw as far as almost any Master or Advanced player in the SN's so what's the real thought process about shorter tees. It's not like there are so many GrandMasters that we would cause an imbalance of groups on pro tees.

If you play for money you are a Pro.

Dangerous Don
November 09, 2005 08:14PM
All I ever need is input. I know in the past when it was left up to the division (like I do with the Women all the time) the Old Man Division always opted for the shorter tees. Not that you can not throw as far, just that some can't walk that far. I know the same thing happened when the G-Mast entry fee's were less, and just by letting me know how ya'll felt, the fee went up.
If you can get me confirmation that over 50% of the G-Masters want to play longer tees - you know I am willing to change anything about a tournament. Nothing is set in stone!

Bobba - Let me know when you will be in town. If Friday and you have free time, I'll try and get off of work early that day.

The Am portion of the LA States when it was to be in NO was not even PDGA sanctioned I don't think. But Mikey and I will have a meeting if the minds and will have the baskets for me. But we are working on getting every thing ready.

Off the subject -

Here in BR we need to congradulate Megan Andrews (the Disc Golf Contact for BREC) She has been promoted to the manager of all of the BREC Special Events (which Disc Golf falls under). Her former boss, and former BREC Disc Golf Contact Misty has moved with her family to Atlanta. We'll miss you Misty, and Congradulations again Megan.

Will T
November 09, 2005 09:17PM
You are the man Willy BT! Thanks for listening.

Dangerous Don
November 10, 2005 06:45AM
Will, i should be ther Friday and be there to helpout with everything! I just hope my brother in law does not move before then:[
November 10, 2005 08:52AM
bob, call me when you get into town.

Terry Zeringue
November 10, 2005 09:19AM
i will and I look forward to playing in BR!
November 11, 2005 04:41AM
They'll Come Taxman. hahahhahahahahaha

iMarc.
November 11, 2005 09:00AM
based on my experience trying to find a hotel for the Gobbler this is going to be a tough one to attend if we can't find somewhere to crash
November 11, 2005 11:43PM
There is some questions about which tees each divisions will play. Not only the G-Mast's, but the Advanced as well.
After the Gobbler - we will have a meeting with all the clubs present, and hammer out all of the details then.

I will hopefully will have more luck with a Host Hotel for the States than I have had for the Gobbler.

Thanks to all who help - now if the PDGA will respond to my e-mails...

Peace,
Willy BT
November 13, 2005 11:14AM
hey will are we haveing a max number or no. I was just wondering on if i better send in my money or if i should just pay you at greenwood to hold a spot if you get the host hotel
November 14, 2005 12:46PM
Played Highland Road yesterday. Course is looking very well kept.
November 14, 2005 03:08PM
Hey Jake, you will never believe this, though you probably already know, I hired your sister Kim about a month ago. She said you stopped off at Highland on Sunday on your way out of townthis weekend. She also said you are playing in a tournament soon, would that be the LA States or something in Texas?

Dangerous Don
November 15, 2005 06:25PM
What's up everyone? I was just wondering if anyone from West Monroe/Ruston area is planning on making the trip down to Baton Rouge for this one? Also, is anyone going to have some floor space because i definitely will not be able to come if i have to get a hotel room. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks, Morrow
November 16, 2005 09:18AM
Don - WOW... what a small world we live in.

Didn't get to talk with Kim much last weekend (to busy playing Lumberjack). I heard she was working at the Hospital. That's great...

I wish I was coming to states on the 3rd, but we have an 8 tourney series happening here and that weekend is the next one and currently is carrying over a $1200 ace pot. And the tournament course slated for the 3rd has many ace runs.

She could have been speaking of the Texas Teams tourney this weekend. The format of match play is a blast.

I'll be back in December though, (more tree cutting) I'll post something and maybe meet up somewhere for a round.

BTW. Any movement with Louisiana State Parks Dept.?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013