Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

sky south west?

Posted by Bill 
sky south west?
September 16, 2002 11:42PM
I have seen some talk of sky south west in the forum section of this site, any additional info you can give me on this subject would be appreciated.
Re: sky south west?
September 17, 2002 07:11AM
This is speculation...

Since Willt is now residing in BR and will be taking over running the SN events here-- they needed some Willt skybucks that were diff than Jimo's skybucks-- to keep track of whose bucks.came from where... but Willt mentioned they are all "the same" as far as purchasing power... ie: Jimo will take SSwest bucks and Willt can accept regular ol' skybucks.

I guess it means we will see less of Jimo on the SN tour??

That was bound to happen-- the way that the SN Series is growing Jimo probably needed a SN Series Rep on the western fringes od the SN Tour region.
September 17, 2002 12:29PM
So who will be organizing south Mississippi tournaments, especially Bucanneer and Gautier
September 17, 2002 12:54PM
Dg'er has it pretty much down. With the ever growing number of tournaments in the SNDG series, and the health of our beloved leader Jim O, there was a need for people to go ahead and beable to start running tourneys in other areas, that Jim may not be able to travel to. Sky South West is just what I came up with to call my offshoot "company" of Sky South, and even though my Southern National Cash is different from Jim's Sky Bucks, They are interchangable. One of Jim's ideas and hopes is that the club from each city will become self suffecent in being able to run their own tournaments. Laff. La will start doing their own tournaments from now on (I think), but Jim or I will be there to help out in any way that we are needed, just in case.

As for the tournaments in southern Miss., Jim had asked if I'd be interested in being the one to run them, and I have no problems with helping out in any way that I can. Jim is still the one in charge of finalizing the dates, Plaques, points, etc... but he just can't possibly travel the way he used to, and he does have a Wife and another business at home in Mobile. Jim is getting me stocked up with discs and merchandise to beable to run the tournaments just as if jim were there.

I hope that this answers any questions you might have had, and feel free to get in touch with me if you need to.

Will Timmons - (H)225-766-7825 (C)225-266-1447
willtimmons@hotmail.com

Thank you to every one that makes Southern Nationals the best that it can be.
Peace,
Will T.
jim
September 22, 2002 02:31PM
will is right on the mark. jason and doug will also run events in the jackson area . they have put in alot of work in at holmes county park , check it out , i heard it was real nice. about my health ,it has gone slower than i have hoped , it may make take up to a year more , open heart surgery has been harder to get over than i thought. i rushed back too early and i should of waited . jimmy cutler will also run some of the events around here . we have great people in the south . so try to help them out. they will only get better with each event. before you whine ask is it important , is it the right time , is there anything that can be done about it. please give your opion but if it can wait til after the tournament let it. the td has spent many hours getting your event ready and is wore out by the time the tournament is over . if you ask most td right after their event if they would like to run the next event they will say no. monday it will be maybe. but if players would thank them , be more understanding , and pitch in when something goes wrong and help straiten it out. also be responsible for your self, go to every players meeting , listen to the td , check all written info about that event. but remember what is said at the players meeting is the law , that is why you go and listen. well lets go and rip a few , have fun ,jim
September 22, 2002 07:51PM
Hey Jim and Will, I would like to say thanks to both of you . If it weren't for people like you guys I wouldn't be having such a good time playing discgolf. Hope to see you soon Jim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013