Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN Points

Posted by John Kittrell 
John Kittrell
SN Points
September 18, 2002 02:38PM
The points for the 2002-03 SN Season are about to go to the weg guy to post. Of the 12 Tournaments to date I have information for and posted 8 of them.
The ones posted so far...
Cajun Classic - Batin Rouge, LA, 8 June 02
Chikasabouge Tournament - Mobile, AL, 9 June 02
Mississippi States - Hattiesburg, MS, 29-30 June 02
Mississippi States Doubles - Holly Springs, MS, 20-21 July 02
Chickasaw Charity Tournament - Mobile, AL, 3 Aug 02
Handy Tournament - Florence, AL, 3-4 Aug 02
Tupelo Classic - Tupelo, MS, 7 Sep 02
Arcadia Late Summer Classic - Lafayette, LA, 14 Sep 02

The tournaments I'm waiting on...
West Monroe Tournament - West Monroe, LA, 22-23 June
Lakeside Classic - Baton Rouge, LA, 13 July 02
Summer Sizzler - Batob Rouge, LA, 10 Aug 02
Shreveport Challenge - Shreveport LA, 24 Aug 02

If you are the TD or know the TD ask if they've sent the tournament info and money to Jim O. Or if you want to post the results in the forum I'll get it quicker (the most preferred method - last Sat. tournament already posted) And if possible when posting results include scores and payout. I'm trying to get the tournament results on the web page so when you look to see what tournaments have been posted you can click on the tournaments posted and see everyone's score and the payout. I just need to get the web guy to do it.

Just a taste of the standings...
Open Men - tie Jon Fox and Mike Kernan 41pts / 3 tournies
Open Women - Robin Adams 11pts / 3 tournies (all 1st)
Masters - tie Victor Leblanc and Ronnie Adams 24pts / 3 tournies
Grand Masters - tie Wally Free and Joe Sherrod 11pts / 2 tournies
Advanced - Stephen Heaps 30pts / 3 tournies
Am Men - Derrick Bilbo 42pts / 2 tournies
Am Women - Barbara Roberson 10pts / 3 tournies
Am Masters - Pat Daniels 26pts / 3 tournies

With the points is also how many times you finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Things are getting better. Later -

John K.
Robin A.
Re: SN Points
September 18, 2002 02:45PM
Good job John! Thanks so much for stepping up and doing this for all of us. I will check with Ronnie and Wanda about the points for the Lakeside Classic and the Summer Sizzler.

Have a good week,
Robin
Hub City Sky Valet
September 18, 2002 03:47PM
I would just like to echo what Robin said! John we really appreciate you taking on this awesome responsibility that has in the past seemed to be such a headache for everyone else. You're doing a great job of keeping on top of this thing so far, keep up the good work! I can see already that this is going to be one hell of a year for S.N.D.G.
misterbogey
September 18, 2002 07:59PM
I'll echo the same sentiments...great job on the points John.

But really-Pat Daniels 26 points! For an old guy he really gets around...;-)
September 18, 2002 10:25PM
John

You the man! Thank you for stepping up and taken on the job that needed to be done.

I will send you the results of LA Open as soon as i get them and i will post them on the web forum so that everyone can see and you can get them at the same time if you need any help or anything from me if i can help out in any way please let me know .

Thanks
Todd (BR)
September 19, 2002 11:36AM
John,
Thanks for steppin up. Cant wait to see the searchable point system.
Sounds great. Will check up on the W. Monroe tourney results and hopefully
those results could be here soon. Thanks again.
frzbman
September 20, 2002 08:49PM
John I was wondering when will we get our disc with our name on them.
Jim said that I should get one,and that's been since southern nationals,
I have not heard from Jim so I thought you would know since you deal
with the points,please let me know.

Thanks Connie Robichaux
jim
September 22, 2002 02:09PM
we will try to get the discs as soon as possible , there were alot of mix up in turning them in . please keep up this year with the events you attend ,2 weeks after a event you need to get worried if your stuff has been turn in. waiting til the end has not worked in the past. so let your td know that they need to turn them in . wanda has told me she will get them to me soon ,please do not call her about them , this year we will post them as we get them ,in the past we waited til the dues were received.i think john has it to where it will be posted who has turned in dues and pionts .
jim
September 24, 2002 07:15PM
thanx
dg'er
September 26, 2002 10:45PM
JK...

what event results from last season are needed to complete those points?

or are they going to print the discs with the existing tally?
John Kittrell
September 30, 2002 08:41AM
I'm not sure which events from last season weren't turned in, I jumped into this at the beginning of this season. My understanding is that the point discs are from the current standings or they may never get done (Jim O correct me if I'm wrong) We just have to be more diligent in getting the info from the TDs - move on and learn from past mistakes so they won't be repeated. Hope this helps...
Later,
John K
The Zinger
September 30, 2002 02:28PM
John, have you gotten the results for
Lakeside Classic - Baton Rouge, LA, 13 July 02
Summer Sizzler - Batob Rouge, LA, 10 Aug 02
yet?
John Kittrell
September 30, 2002 02:59PM
No, not yet - still looking for the W. Monroe and Shreveport tournaments too. I have 11 of 15 tournaments posted.

John K.
Candy Plastic Master
September 30, 2002 03:59PM
I was looking at the list of tournaments that have and have not been counted toward the points race, and a couple of things stood out to me. For one, the Mississippi states are listed for both 2002 and 2001 as well as the SNC, and the MS state doubles. Are both years going to count toward last years race or are the 2002 tournaments going to count toward the new race. Also I am pretty sure that Jim ran all of these tournaments, so why wouldn't the points be turned in for those events? Are they going to get added before prizes are given, or what? I don't want to sound like I am complaining or anything because I am not expecting to get anything from the points race anyway (I am too far behind), but I am curious to know which are counting towards the new race. If anyone can answer these questions it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
zplasticmaster
September 30, 2002 07:27PM
copycat, try to come up with something of your own next time
vl
September 30, 2002 09:11PM
it is my understanding...

that the points system is annual.

the SN points season begins in may and ends in june.

even though the events may be listed twice the points from those events are tallied in the appropriate year that the event took place.

the SNChampionships do not award points..
John Kittrell
October 01, 2002 06:51AM
Close... the points are accumulated during the season which runs from June 1 through May 31 each year. Points aren't awarded for the SN Championship
JG
October 01, 2002 07:45PM
W. Monroe and who ever else have not turned there results in yet. What could possibly be the delay? Do you think they will? Did they turn them in last year? If they didnt and dont, will they be allowed to do it again next year? When deciding which tournaments to drive 3-6 hours to. Whether they turn the rusults in or not could be a deciding factor.

JG
vl
October 02, 2002 10:05AM
concerning event results getting "turned in"

it might be wise (to help JK out) by creating some sort of "form" that a TD must fill out and return to the SN folks that lists results for sanctioned events.

maybe something like a TD Report...
(not all TD's have www access?)

keep up the good work johnk!
October 09, 2002 09:38AM
John,
We have sent in the money and the results to Jim. If you need the scores for Wall Doxey Tournament in Holly Springs for September 21 &22, 2002 quicker. Look at my forum message posted by nancy hoover. If you need any thing else please contact us Jim has the number.
Benny
John Kittrell
October 09, 2002 03:35PM
Benny
The Wall Doxey tournament has already been posted. I check the forum regularly and have already got the information. This is the best place to put tourny scores to insure they get posted quickly. Thanks again...
John K
John Kittrell
October 14, 2002 08:32AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I am still efforting to get the points for this year on the web. I apologize for slacking up to this point. Even though I haven't gotten them up yet I am keeping up with the points. Thanks to Ronnie Cook for getting me the points for the Lakeside Classic and Summer Sizzler. Of the 16 tournaments played I have the points and posted 14 of them, including LA States which ended yesterday. Still missing points for the West Monroe tournament from June 22 and The Shreveport Challenge from August 24. Thanks for your patience.
John K.
PS Good luck to those going to the US OPEN that's starting this week; Will T, Eric Tracy... Represent
October 14, 2002 03:44PM
John,
Considering they didn't turn in the points for last years tourney I would not hold my breath for them being turned in this time either. However, since Jim did attend, I'm kinda surprised the results havent been taken care of.
I have tried to call and email W.Monroe to get this taken care of but to no avail. I have not recieved a return call nor return mail. As the winner of this event I sure would like to get the points but like I said I will not hold my breath. Either way THANKS for steppin up to do the points job John, it is appreciated by all.
FRZBMAN
October 29, 2002 10:45AM
So who IS the person responsible for updating and posting the points to the website?

Brad
points...
October 29, 2002 10:56AM
by a volunteer... brian m, i think?
John Kittrell
October 29, 2002 12:45PM
Brian M is the webmaster and should be efferting to get the new points up. The points are being tallied and 16 of 19 tournaments have been posted throught the Halloween Howler last Sunday. Brian has the points and I'm looking on the net each day to see if they're posted. I'll give a taste, the top the in each division...

Open Men
Will Timmons 109 pts 9 tourneys
Rivers Sherrod 92 pts 7 tourneys
Jon Fox 85 pts 8 tourneys

Open Women
Robin Adams 28 pts 8 tourneys
Lea Herndon 12 pts 4 tourneys
Three-way tie for third

Pro Masters
Ronnie Adams 65 pts 9 tourneys
Rusty Banks 58 pts 6 tourneys
Victor LeBlanc 53 pts 8 tourneys

Grand Masters
Joe Sherrod 23 pts 3 tourneys
Wally Free 22 pts 3 tourneys
Jet Towns 18 pts 4 tourneys

Advanced
Stephen Heaps 58 pts 5 tourneys
Tony Bass 38 pts 4 tourneys
Matt Orum 36 pts 3 tourneys

Am Men
Chris Lackett 63 pts 6 tourneys
Adam Silvers 49 pts 4 tourneys
Derrick Bilbo 42 pts 2 tourneys

Am Women
Deborah Brouillette 34 pts 6 tourneys
Deborah Blankenship 18 pts 4 tourneys
Connie Robicheaux 17 pts 4 tourneys

AM Masters
Greg Guidry 56 pts 6 tourneys
Rob O'Dell 41 pts 3 tourneys
James Hawks 39 pts 2 tourneys

Still looking for the points from the West Monroe Tournament in June, the Shreveport Tournament in August and the Tishomingo tournament this month. The points are on the way....
John K
October 29, 2002 09:37PM
John Kittrel,

E-mail me at Memphisdiscgolf@aol.com and I will give you the full Tishomingo results. Either that or give me your E-mail address. DG Guy sent them to me but its in JPEG format.

Brad
October 30, 2002 10:08PM
hey john you got the la open yet
November 03, 2002 06:22PM
I see that the SN Points have been updated. Are you sure that ALL of the Tournaments have been accounted for?

For Example: Brad Webb says I have been in 2 tournaments when I have been in 4 that they say points have been accounted for.

Brad
John Kittrell
November 04, 2002 08:57AM
The new points are up - thanks Brian. To answer the questions, Rick the LA Open points are posted. Brad - all the tournaments are not accounted for. Brian has the Shreveport challenge on 24 Aug as posted but they haven't been by me and the Tishomingo Fall classic from 12 Oct hasn't been posted (but I did receive the results today and they will be posted) Hopefully those are the two tournaments you attended and are missing.
16 0f 20 tournaments have been posted.
Tishomingo fall classic results will be posted today
Missing are Shreveport Tournament, West Monroe tournament, and the Bud Hill tournament from last weekend....

Later
John K
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013