Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Grand opening

Posted by mike sidebottom 
Grand opening
September 19, 2002 09:23AM
Tallahassee is opening a disc golf course at Tom Brown park in tall. They are having a fun tournament Sept 28th & 29th. Should be fun. For more info call Bob McCormick at (850) 545-1571 (day) and 570-6338 (night) Also we are going to develop a team here at Blue Angel Park and will soon be able to take on other teams. So if you are interested contact me Mike at (850) 453-1147.
Re: Grand opening
September 19, 2002 10:42PM
Mike

there is a tourney in baton rouge the same weekend it's a pdga.b tier and a S.N.Q
September 20, 2002 07:22AM
Todd
This is for a grand opening and I really don't think it is for anything but fun and novice players. Some of us are going to help promote n.w. fla. disc golf
vl
September 20, 2002 09:32AM
This is the second year in a row that something was organized on the same weekend as one of Todd's events that he TDs for...

When we pick dates for any dg activity, we make every effort to have it on a weekend that is non conflicting with any other regional DG activity...

Merely a suggestion Mike-- in the future it would be wise to select weekends that are non conflicting. some of us might have made the trip to FLA for your grand opening if it wasn't on the same weekend as an event that pays out as well as the LA OPEN

If everone who is in the SN region makes an effort to not set conflicting dates for events-- the SN Series will benefit, as well as the turnout of each event.

Good luck promoting the new FLA course. I'm sure you guys'll have fun. how can you not-- hurlin' chunks of plastic :)
September 20, 2002 01:40PM
vi
this is a tallahassee event i am only the mesenger. but i will relay that to them.
mike
tired of vl
September 22, 2002 03:44PM
hey vl, why do think the world revolves around you and this todd guy. just cause you all are hosting a trny does not mean we can not also. i am sure there are many of trny on that day. the grand opening trny is on this day because that is the day we wanted. last year your trny was on a different day. the world of disc golf does not revolve around you, so stop acting like it. oh and i love all of your sponsership info, if you actually are that good, then why are you scared?
vl
September 22, 2002 08:23PM
roflmao... It was merely a suggestion to help benefit the all events.

Of course anyone can organize events-- but it is unwise to have them conflict with other SN events. (or regional PDGA events too, for that matter)

Not scheduling conflicting events is a simple matter of common sense, respect and courtesy for the folks who volunteer and organize the events we all attend.

Kind of a no brainer..

The point is it would be in YOU FOLKS best interest to not schedule events that conflict with other events-- that was the suggestion i was trying to drive home to you guys... but you did not seem to comprehend that.

ALL events benefit if they do not conflict-- and all could perhaps have larger turnouts.

Everyone i know really enjoys checking out new courses. You guys course is no different in that regard, I assure you...

You guys would probably get better turnout if event schedules don't conflict.

Personally, I'm not too worried about Todds event turnout. We are getting buttloads of inquiries from multiple states... preregistrations, and we've had large cash and merch donations, etc... and the buzz from last years (payout) is still a topic of conversation a year later...

As far as locally, we go out of our way to not set dates that conflict, but that is just the local "attitude" out of respect for the TD's throughout the SN region.

If you don't feel that way, well that is your option.

Making efforts to not set conflicting event dates is a simple matter of giving a darn for the work that TDs and their volunteers donate in the different areas that make up the SN Tournament Series.

Dg'ers will travel. That is a fact.

By scheduling events so the don't conflict will help turnout.. period.

Your area too.

It ain't rocket science.

Again, I hope you guys have fun and congrats on the new course.
jim
September 23, 2002 04:43AM
the grand opening tournament is 4 hours from mobile 61/2 from b.r. do you really think it will affect anyone, all mobile players are going to br , but i would like to go to tallasse on their next event, we now have a link to florida ,mobile ,pensacola ,tall, and gainsville. pensacola was happy because they now have another course near them .todd will get a great turn out due to all the hard work everyone has put into it. the tall is not a s.n. or pdga , but i hope their next one is. sometimes we have more than one tournameny on the same weekend. i think there should be a 6 hour drive time between events, most players drive no more than 3 hours. last weekend there was one in br and wall doxey and i bet not one person was choosing between the two. i know b.r. will do great if that strom stays away ,hope to see all soon ,good luck and god bless you all, lets go throw some fun, jim
September 23, 2002 02:33PM
As fast as this sport is growing I can see in the very near future as many as 3 or 4 tournys going on successfuly through out the south east. Hey! isn't that what were sriving for. Believe me with the numbers of players this sport is attracting there will be plenty for all. I predict this sport to be an olympic sport within 10 years. So in my mind throw as many tournys as you wish at any time.

p.s I am still waiting for folks to respond to the team concept. Let's try it and watch it grow. Team b.a.p. is ready
September 23, 2002 04:13PM
Mike

i agree with you there should be lots or tourneys going on at the same time to give people a chance to go and play the closes course to them i wish you all the best with your grand opening , wish i could come i love to play new courses , but have to run the la open , =but please let me or everyone know when your next one is i would love to come to one of your events and support your course and club to get it going and growing .

Mike please consider making your tournements a Southern national tour it would help you out with the turn out , but you will get that anyways .

and buy the way it was in the Akita (japan) world games in 2001 the next step is the olmpics and ofcourse the U.S.A won the gold in the men's and woman's div.

Mike good luck with the grand opening and please let us know when you will have another tourney so that we can come play the new course

Good luck and have fun
Todd Traylor
September 24, 2002 07:27AM
Todd,
Let me try to clear up to you about us. This is not our tourny it is tallahassee's but thanks so much for the support and we do have a southern nat. event here at blue angel. It happens in April and next april will be our 3rd annual. I have talked to Jim and we are getting ready to start a winter tourney.
September 24, 2002 12:40PM
Hello One And All,
First off Mike, Todd thought-as I did- that you were part of Tall. Disc Golf, Although I do know who you are, and now remember you from the first tourney in P-cola, some who like to use these pages to bicker and squabble may not have known who you were. I am also looking forward to getting a chance to play the Tall course, and hope that it will be sooner than later.

I am also sorry that there are some people that just don't have a view of the whole picture of where the SNDG series is heading. I also agree that the conflict is not even a matter of worry because of the distance and difference's in the size of the tourneys. Some responses are just betterleft unresponded to. If there is any way that I or any one here in Baton Rouge can help you or Disc Golf in Florida in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.
Have a great day,
Will Timmons
vl
September 24, 2002 05:20PM
Hypothetical Situation...

Say two events are scheduled on the same weekend...

One event is in P-cola and one is in Lafayette...

RSherrod and JFox and JKittrell etc, etc, etc all go to P-cola (and most of Mobile golfers too) because it is close to P-cola...

ET, WT, MikeyK, Toad and Joel Kelly, etc, etc all go to Lafayette... because it is closer to them...

If the hypothetical events did not conflict-- ALL of those golfer would perhaps end up going to the SAME event... imagine that.

It is not THAT hard to see why it is not wise to schedule conflicting events...

Kind of a no brainer... imo...
still tired of vl's
September 24, 2002 06:05PM
nobrainer comments.
you just had to get the last word in.
go figure, i heard about you.
well i guess ill let you write one more message and after that i done with it.
September 24, 2002 10:35PM
Mike sorry i thought you were with tall discgolf , and sorry i haven't seen the blue angles course yet haven't gotten a chance to get over to P-cola to play yet but i will make the next one i promise you that . i want to say that what will t said is what i think to , if there is anything we can do for you please let us know , we will do everything in are power to help out .

have a good one and throw a long one
todd
JG
September 26, 2002 06:17PM
"No brainer"? I'm kinda new to this. I do have one. It's not that big and it has been abused. So bare with me. I was just woundering. Is that vl's signature or just how he comes accross?

JG
vl
September 26, 2002 08:40PM
my main point was to suggest soemthing that might help attendance for the FLA course grand opening and even future events..

i did not mean to "come across" anyway at all-- it is only an expression. i apologize if it came across wrong... my bad,,,

again, i hope the grand opening goes well and hope you all have fun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013