Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tank Farm Takeover at Rivendell Farm Tournament (Saturday,May 24)

Posted by Anonymous User 
All right people, here's the official skinny on the Tank Farm Takeover at Rivendell Farm Safari Tournament.

Saturday, May 24, 2003
Southern National Qualifier
2 rounds of 9 holes : holes avg. about 600 feet

Open: $17 Masters: $12 Advanced: $12
other divisions will be offered if you want SN points.

Sign-up: 9-9:30 am
Players Meeting: 9:45 am
1st round tee-off: 10 am
2nd round tee-off: 30 minutes after the first round ends(this will allow people to get out early, so pack a lunch or something)

should be all done by 2, 2:30.

still undecided is if there will be another tournament on Monday, May 26.

TB, bring that plastic with you, i'll be happy to trade.

Huntsville, sorry to go up against y'all but our course could be pulled with only 48 hours notice anytime after June 1st.

any other questions: underparmike@yahoo.com or 504-456-1815
Re: Tank Farm Takeover at Rivendell Farm Tournament (Saturday,May 24)
May 22, 2003 09:36AM
Mike - I have a SN Stamp Z-Cyclone that I'm willing to donate as an AM prize. Hopefully I'll see you tonight at Lafreinere. If not, then Saturday morning.
i'll be at Lafreniere...get there early and help me measure the new holes eh? and ya don't have to donate, i'll buy that plastic if need be.
vl
May 22, 2003 10:40AM
dzamn i wish i could make this!!

good job mikey. keep up the good work.
get a car, vic.

hey you know anything about this june B-tier in Houston? (don't tell jim i'm talking about PDGA events on this forum again)
vl
May 22, 2003 10:51AM
roflmao...

the mac event? yes, you have a place to stay for it. (tx states too, if ya like)

:^p

ps. car fairly soon! whoohoo! :)
kr
May 22, 2003 11:07AM
Sounds like fun! Too bad I've got a family thing on Saturday. Of course that's the entire reason I'm going to be in south MS this weekend anyway! And as it turns out even if there was one on Monday I wouldn't be able to make it after all =(

Have fun!

vic, you got a car and your own place??? wow,what's gonna happen next, strut&crow will win a pro tournament! what exactly is "mac" tournament, i thought it was called the bayou open or something. thanks 4 the offer, might take ya up on that.

by the way, there won't be plaques at the Tank Farm Takeover, but the payout will be over 100% as usual for a mikey-run event (don't tell jim he'll think i'm bragging too much again)
Mike,
We can camp out Friday night at the farm if we want huh? I just wanted to make sure, because this is what I will probably do! Anyone else looking at camping Friday?
TB
you are brave TB! if you really want to, you can, it's actually quite comfy cool out there and supposed to stay that way for a few days. but, i can put you up at my place, i have an extra bed and a couch.
vl
May 22, 2003 11:40AM
yea mikey my bad... i was speaking of the one this weekend at the macgregor course. there is a btier at the mac too (mcgregor)

2nd Annual Macgregor Classic
Disc Golf Tournament
Sunday, May 25, 2003

The Macgregor Classic Disc Golf Tournament is C-tier PDGA sanction.

______ another cool smaller thang that wilchek is runnin'

PRO 18 BASS MINI
Saturdays/ One Division / Tom Bass park
Get Ready For STATES!

Every Saturday Morning Starting May 31
thru June / July / August

18 Holes / Powell & Wilmont Alternating Saturdays
$10 / One Division Only...Everyone Welcome

there is a bunch more but i am thread drifting a bit too much.

good luck to all at rivendell.

somebody beat RAH in masters, already! :^p

May 22, 2003 11:49AM
>somebody beat RAH in masters, already! :^p

I'm please to announce that the Tank Farm Takeover will be my first official event as a SN Pro Master. Ronnie is in my sights..... =8)
vl
May 22, 2003 12:06PM
muhahahaha! get em' goby!

last of my thread drift:
[www.hfds.org]
(mikey, bookmark this.)
May 22, 2003 12:35PM
Get in line Goby! RA is a marked man. We are closing the gap. I'll set my bag right behind him and you push him backwards! May be then we'll have a chance lol.

Great year Ronnie! See you saturday.

Chernobyl
May 22, 2003 12:35PM
Get in line Goby! RA is a marked man. We are closing the gap. I'll set my bag right behind him and you push him backwards! May be then we'll have a chance lol.

Great year Ronnie! See you saturday.

Chernobyl
I'm telling Ronnie!!!!! I guess I'll have to caddy for him so I can keep an eye on you guys :)

See you Saturday,
Robin

May 22, 2003 12:42PM
Do tell him, RObin. Nothing like working him two days before the event! =8)

I did say I have him in my sights...but I have a lot of folks to pass through to get to RA.
May 22, 2003 12:45PM
BTW, is a doubles event on Monday an option, Mikey? That would be fun....
So Goby, you're not going to pad your lead on me anymore? I suppose your safe, unless 29 am master show up in Huntsville and I win (fat chance!). I'm happy to finish second behind you and play against you in Hattiesburg. Good luck this weekend.

I'm not sure now if I want to remain in advanced master or move to advanced or try playing master in a few choice events. I don't see myself playing in 16 events again, but who knows. I know I'm still not competitive enough with the pro masters, so it might be fun playing against the younger advanced crowd. We'll see. See ya in August. RwC
Mike, Its the last days of Rivendale - why not call it THE HOBBETT--- Lord of the Flings- sorry to see your baby go -I know you put a lot of yourself into it and it must be hard to see it pass. Keep up the good work and good luck on your new course-- it should take away some of the sting. BUD PS Don't forget to put in a hole that Strut will hate! HA HA
Mike, Why is Rivendale being taken away from us? Please elaborate!
TB
vl
May 22, 2003 01:28PM
goby, you distract ronnie's attention and let paul grab that @#$%& shark of RA's

that is the only way!! :^p

seriously... this is all in good fun.

good luck to all the masters...

you guys have a blast. rivendell has always been one of my favorite courses. BY FAR

(6 states, 32 courses and Rivendell is in the top three, imho)
May 22, 2003 01:31PM
Goby, do you have a pair of binoculars to keep Ronnie in your sights? - just kidding ....... As for Bud's last comment - put in 17 or 18 holes that Strut will hate ......

On a serious note, many thanks to Mike for designing and building one of the best and most fun golf courses I've ever played.... the farm will live forever in the minds and memories of everyone lucky enough to have slogged thru the mud, fended off the mosquitos, dodged the spiders and snakes, and otherwise traversed the swamp that is/was/ever will be Rivendell ....
May 22, 2003 01:35PM
Tony, my understanding is that the company that donated the land for the course in the first place now needs it to expand their operations .... I, for one, am just glad they lent it to us fortunate disc golfers for a few years ....
rob is right about the reason rivendell is on the way out. buddy, i didn't name the place, it's jack's farm, i have never read the lord of the rings, and i fell fast asleep at the first movie. that movie was too long! kinda like the safari holes which i just measured on my lunch break:

1. 678' (old red 1 to 10's basket)
2. 801' (9 white to 1's basket)
3. 760' (2 white to 3's basket)
4. 528' (old 11 white---chernobyl's nemesis)
5. 500' (15's basket to 12's basket)
6. 670' (old 14's basket to 6's basket)
7. 610' (7 white to 8's basket)
8. 575' (16 white to 17's basket)
9. 458' (old 18 white)

5580' total, avg. 620'

buddy, you gonna come play? sounds like you want to win 2 in a row at the farm. strut, you want the farm? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FARM! (how's my nicholson imitation?)
May 22, 2003 03:30PM
Rob, telescope is more like it. However, the putting has turned on over the past couple of days (honestly, from paying attention to RA's putting). If my putting stays on, I may be able to trade in my telescope for binoculars. =8)
vl
May 22, 2003 04:03PM
you too. i watched ronnie make putts way too many times. :^p

seriously, he is a great mentor for putting, imho.
May 22, 2003 10:02PM
Russ, if you pass me up in points before the end of the month, then the title was meant to be yours! =8)

My plan has been to move to Pro Masters for the SN. I know I'll be bottom feeding for awhile but I think I'm going in with the right attitude to play the challenge and improve my game. We'll see by the end of the next season. For me, the time feels right to make a divisional jump, and I'd rather go ahead and play for greenbacks instead of plastic.

I'll stay Adv. Masters for the PDGA for the time being. My focus now will be to travel to more events outside of the SN region to get a feel for how I stand in the larger picture. Looks like I'm going to play in two NT events (A-tier for ams) in June, the DGLO and the Brent Hambrick Memorial, followed by Worlds in KC, then TX States, and finally back to Florida in November. Combined with a few in-state events, I should have a pretty good idea where I stand. That'll finish out the PDGA season, after which I'll decide whether to make a jump in that organization.

Good luck in Huntsville this weekend. Time to be the bride.... =8)
ouch goby! that was one heck of a dis on RwC there! :)
May 23, 2003 05:22AM
After I posted that, I thought "I hope Russ remembers our conversation." =8)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013