Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Memorial day at Dangerous Acres

Posted by Chernobyl 
Memorial day at Dangerous Acres
May 25, 2003 03:11AM
OK, I talked to Dangerous Don and he said that if any one wants to tee it up on Memorial day, come on out to Goodbee. We will be playing the new tornado course designed by God! Don will post directions for those interested. We will tee off at 3:30.

Chernobyl
Re: Memorial day at Dangerous Acres
May 25, 2003 06:09AM
Cool, guys, count me in!
Dangerous Acres is located in Goodbee, LA. Take the Goodbee/Madsisonville exit off of I-12. Go North toward Goodbee. About 3 miles up you will come to a stop light, this is HWY 190W. Take a left onto 190W and go about 2 miles and look to the right for Gottschalk Rd. Take a right on Gottschalk Rd and go down about 1.5 miles and look to the right for a basket in a front yard. Pull in the driveway just past the basket. To reach me beep me at 985-871-3172, and I will call you back. I hope to be home before 3:00 pm, if no one is there when you get there make yourself at home and practice.

We built it, so you come!

later,

Dangerous Don
May 25, 2003 11:56AM
I'll be there. Another helpful hint for finding the casa de Don is that his house has the only sidewalk leading from the front door that goes all the way to the street.
y'all come out for a good time yeah.

bring some game...i will be there! heh heh

hey don do you have a BBQ ?

great course by the way...
May 26, 2003 11:33AM
Yes I have a BBQ and I am home already, come anytime

dangerous don
May 27, 2003 08:05AM
Dangerous Acres Memorial Day Doubles Results:

1. Don Perkins/Jeff St. Romaine ........ -11 (new course doubles record)
2. Rob Doucet/Rob Williams ............. -8
3. Chernobyl/Goby ...................... -6
4. Mikey Kernan/Dave Scherer ........... -6

A fun and soggy time was had by all. Jeff birdied 2 of the 3 holes on the course that had not yet been birdied and just barely missed making a 2 on the third.

Thank you Mr. Perkins.

- Rob Williams
vl
May 27, 2003 08:30AM
darn that sounds fun!

blessed lettuce is amazing.
May 27, 2003 08:36AM
He is indeed amazing. And for the record, Goby birdied #2 during the false start/pre-rain/aborted round ..... that boy's amazing too.
Anonymous User
May 27, 2003 10:17AM
i think chernobyl won the cook-off.
May 27, 2003 12:30PM
I think Mike needs to "Goby" home! That dood is tooo goood! Also Jeff has been banned due to embarassing the hosts. Great shots all!

Why don't we make it a Memorial day tradition (I swear I'll let Mikey cook)?
Next time we could have a crawfish berl or sumpin. We could use our bag tags to seed a doubles tourney and play a final 4 holes Glow Golf for the coveted drumstick trophy. Watch out for the fire hazards, they rule

Ok now I've gone too far

Chernobyl
May 27, 2003 01:44PM
Thanks for everyone who came out, remenber same time next year, but we will get started around noon. Way to go Jeff. Jeff parked a 427 foot hole, amazing.

see ya
vl
May 27, 2003 02:14PM
dr goby got game!

somebody needs to dethrone RA in the advil league!! :^p
Blessed Lettuce
May 27, 2003 04:42PM
Good food, good friends and good golf indeed. I think everyone was ripping up the course at one point or another.

And if some money that may have been spent on "advil" happens to find it's way into my gas tank on the way to Augusta, all the better. Ha Ha. just kidding - well not really. But it was cool to watch and be part of all the great golf yesterday.

Definatly should have the tradition continue .....so class will continue next year kids. Ha ha- sorry- got to keep the big head going through this weekend.

Jeff
May 27, 2003 04:59PM
Tear 'em up in Augusta, Jeff. Mikey too. Now I have to go search the cushions of my couch to see if I can scrounge up some Advil money ...... just kidding (not really)
May 28, 2003 08:23AM
Don, thanks again for hosting the Dangerous Don Memorial. That capped off three days of some of the most fun disc golf I've played in quite awhile. I'm still amazed with what you've done with two acres, six baskets and a little thought. The only pitiful moment was when five of us, including a touring (NT) pro who shall remain nameless (cash), failed to sink a 25 ft putt to push skins. Sad sad sad. =8)

I'm all for an annual return, but I hope I don't have to wait another year to play the course again! How about a mid-summer's eve glowbee round with friends and fireflies?
May 28, 2003 08:24AM
BTW, I meant to say Good Luck to Blessed Lettuce and underparmikey this weekend in Augusta. Get qualified, Jeff! Bring your car by BR doubles tonight and I'll put Advil in the gas tank for you. =8)
Ok that joke is getting a little twisted. I'd like to make it out tonight but work calls. Plus I have to make sure my ankle will make it through the week. So I don't want to over work it. But maybe you could put some of that 92 octane strengh Advil in 'Mr. National Tour 23rd Spot Cash Finaly Under Par Mike's truck. He might make it out. Peace
Jeff
Anonymous User
May 28, 2003 01:55PM
just for that, you're going to have to hear me brag the whole way to augusta, salad shooter. i won't be at dubs in BR either, got to rest my fingers so i can trash-type all next week after the 2 NT in a row cash.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013