Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hurricane Lili

Posted by Robin A. 
Robin A.
Hurricane Lili
October 04, 2002 01:45PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that us folks here in Baton Rouge were VERY LUCKY! There were actually a few of us crazy disc golfers who went to Highland Road Park yesterday to play golf, it was very interesting to say the least! Just an update on Highland, there were at least two big trees down, one on hole 6 and one on hole 7, both missed the baskets by inces, there were a lot of limbs and stuff but nothing major. We haven't seen Greenwood yet, so I'm not sure how much damage it has.

I know our friends in Lafayette were not as lucky as were in Baton Rouge. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. From what I understand, New Iberia and Lafayette were hit the hardest by Lili and they are without electricity and it will probably remain that way for a few days, if not longer. If anyone hears from the Lafayette krewe, please post it so we'll know if they are okay. If anyone has seen the Lafayette course since Lili hit, I am curious to know how it did as well. I hope all of our friends in Lafayette are safe and well.

Have a good weekend,
Robin
Re: Hurricane Lili
October 04, 2002 04:43PM
Greenwood's not too bad. One tree came down by hole two. It landed on either side of the basket but spared it. Until BREC clears it though, it makes for interesting putts. Otherwise, mostly branches of various sizes....

Hope everyone in Lafayette weathered the storm as best as possible.
vl
October 04, 2002 06:44PM
be careful around hole 2 at greenwood.

the fallen tree has a hee hive in it...
October 04, 2002 08:50PM
Thanks for the concern and I hope that everyone in Lafayette and all of this area fared as well as I did. We did lose power for a day and a half in my neighborhood but I believe most to the area is back up tonight.

I went to the course late today after cleaning up at my apartment. There were lots of small to medium size trees on the fairways but only one major hit...the basket on #9 is history...smashed by a hug oak!

I cleaned up a bit on the first 8 holes, #9 will need some major bulldozing and tree hauling...not to mention a new basket. The park should have that done soon. There was another large oak that feel on the restroom behind #4 and appeared to have done a good bit of damage. I am sure the park will take care of that first as it is a part of the campground facitlities.

Some of us will be out tomorrow and Sunday checking out the rest of the couse; I do know of two other holes that need felled trees sawed and cleared.

Joe T
October 05, 2002 12:26AM
I talked to Russell B both yesterday during the storm and today, Fri, he says that he fared well in the storm and already had power back, so they are working non stop to get power back and things back to normal in Laf., hope that all of our other friends fared as well.
I made it to Bucanneer in Wav this morning, the beaches are pretty ugly and planty of sand on the road, the holes that I saw looked OK, but I didn't really get to walk around, hopefully I'll be able to do that tom.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013