Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN BOARD MEETING MINUTES OF AUG. 9, 2006

Posted by Russ C 
SN BOARD MEETING MINUTES OF AUG. 9, 2006
August 09, 2006 09:42PM
The Southern National Board of Directors held their first regular meeting of August Wednesday. Attending were Russ Corey, Zack Hudson, Bill McCarty, Robert McDonald and Bob Satter. Chairman John Kittrell could not attend because of work. A quorum was present.

Business included:

1- The board has selected the 2005-06 player award recipients, which will be announced during the awards ceremony at the 10th SNAC/SNPC in Mobile next month.

2- The board voted unanimously to provide $360 for the 2005-06 players awards. The awards will be produced by Bill McCarty.

3- The board voted unanimously to prohibit WIN BURFORD from running a Southern National event for the remainder of the 2005-06 season and the entire 2006-07 season. The reasons are outlined in the following email send to board members:

"To Whom it May Concern:

The Weekend of August 5th- 6th there was supposed to be a doubles tournament at Rosedale's Great River Road State Park and Win Burford was to be the Tournament Director. My cousin and I spoke with him twice the week before the tournament asking him questions specific to the tournament, because no information had ever been posted on the Southern Nationals website. He answered the questions and there seemed to be no problem with the tournament schedule. We traveled 170 miles one way to Rosedale and upon arrival found that there was no tournament. Win Burford had not shown up at the park and had not called the park to give them any information. After speaking with the Head Ranger, I was made aware of the fact that Win had done this before and yet no action has been taken to ban individuals like this from being tournament directors. Events like this surely set back the advancement of the sport and the PDGA For respect of the game, the players, the parks, and the Southern Nationals Disc Golf Association; I would like to make a motion to have Win Burford banned from being a tournament director.
Sincerely, Stephens Daniel"

The board cannot and will not tolerate this type of conduct on the part of SN Tournament Directors.

In Discussion:

1- The board will provide ballots to SNAC/SNPC players at check in at the host hotel during the SNAC/SNPC and will encourage everyone to vote for three SN Board members. Election results will be announced at the awards banquet.

2- The board briefly discussed the ONE bid submitted for the 2006-07 SNAC and the fact that so far it is the ONLY bid submitted for any 2006-07 SN championship event.

Russ C.
Re: SN BOARD MEETING MINUTES OF AUG. 9, 2006
August 09, 2006 09:53PM
Completely awesome. Now that's communication at its finest!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you RUSS for getting this info out QUITE timely and to those who(m) attended the meeting.
ON business included # 2 ... was the decision really unanimous? Meaning is Bill voting to give himself monies or did he abstain from voting on this particular issue as to not create a conflict of interest?
ON the IN discussion # 1.... will there be a list available to who(m) is accepting the ballots to make sure we all vote ONLY once?
Some folks have already participated in the elections.

Thanks again it is greatly appreciated.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
August 09, 2006 10:10PM
My oversight on the trophy vote, Jabba. Glancing at the chat transcript Zack reported a 5-0 vote but looking back Bill did not cast a vote (as well he should not). I would have to change that to 4-0 with one abstention.

And Zack is providing a list of eligible players that I suppose someone (including myself) will have to use to check ballots against.

Thanks for caring enough to ask! ;) rWc
August 10, 2006 12:18PM
That sux for Great RIver Road because that course is likely one of the best maintained/manicured courses in our series....

and the Park Reastaurant rocs too!! I, for one, hope that does not deter fture events from Rosedale...

Griff
August 10, 2006 12:24PM
If a TD with any kind of track record wants to run something there, I don't see a problem. rWc
August 10, 2006 01:24PM
Who is Win Buford anyway? I've never heard that name before this incident.
August 11, 2006 07:51AM
I just caught up with this thread ... thanks for posting the info so quickly.

I am a little surprised at the cost of the awards ... that's a heap of money ... (also it's a heap of money I assume is coming out of the fees that would otherwise be going to the tournament).

Are there 6 awards? ... that is $60/a piece?

I trust the board looked at several options before awarding this to Bill and didn't just jump at the first thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013