Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Tishomingo Fall Classic Results
October 13, 2002 11:05PM
Hello Disc Golfers. ..

Well, it was another beautiful weekend in Tishomingo State Park for the 2002 edition of the Fall Classic. We had 51 players competing in what could not have been niver weather.

Todd Alexander won the Open Division by two strokes over the reigning Southern National Champion Phil Raymond, with David Dunham & Jeff Kleminsky cashing in at third and fourth. We had a total of twelve open players. Todd and Phil also split the $100 prize for the Final 6.

Grand Master honors went to Gary Wagoner, of Memphis, with Robert McDonald of Iuka
finishing second out of five players in the division.

Addie Isbell of Huntsville places first in the Open Women's Division followed by Diane Strickland of Florence. Chrystal Garcia was only one stoke out of the money in this division.

Brian Griffin won with a three stroke lead over Fair Hayes, followed closely by Brad Webb & David Cody.

Steve Sloan of Huntsville edged out Russ Cory of Florence for the Advanced Masters Plaque & first place honors. Ernie O'toole of Huntsville and Steve O’Dell of Pascagoula Florida finished third & fourth with only one stroke difference. Steve also took home our Disc Golf Road Warrior plaque, which is awarded to the Disc Golfer who travels the farthest to compete in the event.

Kary Rogers dominated the Amateur division with a score that would have tied him for second in the Advanced division. Jason Roberts of Memphis finished second with a one stroke lead over Tishomingo State Park Manager Bill Brekeen.

Judy Haydel was our Amateur Women's winner, with Nancy Hobock right behind her.

We had three Novice players competing in their first event, Stephen Bond, John Baccus & Fred Bump. We would like to welcome them to our Disc Golf Community and look forward to seeing their progress in the game.

We had a great time, wished you could have been there! It ROCKED!

Shoals Frisbee Club will be holding their Halloween Tournament on October the 26th,
anyone interested in attending and needing more information, please mail me back and I will get it to you.

The Lee Naquin Memorial, hosted by the Memphis Disc Golf Club & Bud Hill will be
happening the 2nd & 3rd of November, so BE THERE!

That's all for now. . . If you would like me to mail you the Tishomingo Fall Classic results to you, just let me know! It's late Sunday evening and I am WORN OUT!

Take care and keep those discs spinning. . .

DG Guy. . .
John Kittrell
Re: Tishomingo Fall Classic Results
October 22, 2002 08:52AM
Hey, this is John k. the points guy. Are the full results from the tournament going to be posted in the forum or is someone sending that information to Jim O. Can't get points if we don't get the info. Look forward to posting the results... 15 of 18 tournaments this year have been posted and sent to the web guy to post on the website. Hope to see some out of towners at the halloween howler. Later
John K
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013