Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Halloween Howler

Posted by Hub City Sky Valet 
Hub City Sky Valet
Halloween Howler
October 18, 2002 09:38AM
Jim
I was just wondering if you could post some general info. about the tournament (entry fees, where sign up is going to be, what divisions will be playing where, etc.. etc..) also whether or not any baskets are going to be given away or if there are players packages. Alnd if there are going to be any hotels that are offering special rates to discgolfers, and anything else you can think of.
Thanks
Re: Halloween Howler
October 18, 2002 03:31PM
I dont know Sky but Im gonna kick your but, no wait youre playing pro ...Nevermind............. No more baging
zplasticmaster
October 18, 2002 04:38PM
Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle Black, Mr. Baggins?
Are you gonna play today @5 @Sehoy?
misterbogey
October 19, 2002 12:11AM
I scanned a flyer for the Holler and uploaded it. To view and print a half-decent copy just copy and paste the address below in your browser.

[www.angelfire.com]
jim
October 19, 2002 03:27PM
thank you mr bogue, sign up is friday and late sign up is at chickasabogue park saturday morning, players meeting 900 at the bogue .
Hub City Sky Valet
October 22, 2002 11:48AM
Just to let everyone know, there will be 6-7 of us Hattiesburg terror coming down for the tournament, as well as a 4-5 of my boys from back home in Columbus, GA. So all of you Mobile natives better get your A game together because we're coming down with intentions to sweep all the prizes. Ha-ha just kidding!! The Am prizes I mean! (unless I can come up with $42 to play pro) But for real though, we look forward to a great weekend of disc golf, and great comaraderie amongst competitors. I for one have never been to this tournament before, but I hear its a blast! Oh, by the way, where is the party at???????
R. A.
October 22, 2002 12:30PM
Hi Jim,

I have a quick question, I noticed on the tournaments page under the Howler tourney that we only play 3 rounds of 18, is that correct? And what do you mean by the top 3 play 9 holes, does that mean the top third of each division plays 9 holes? If so, why did you change the format from the previous 4 rounds of 18 with the top 4 open playing 6 final holes? Just curious???

Thanks.
vl
October 22, 2002 01:04PM
the flyer says...

2 rounds sat
2 rounds sun

final 6 for top 4 players in
open - masters - advanced - am masters
plus ties
R. A.
October 22, 2002 02:33PM
Thank you Vic. We didn't receive a flyer, and I know we are on Jim's mailing list! I guess they need to get the website in sync with what they are sending out, and more importantly, mailing the flyers to everyone on the list!!!!! Lack of communication causes poor turnouts, and saying one thing on the website and another in flyer causes a lot of confusion, and I'm confused enough as it is!

See ya!
vl
October 22, 2002 03:12PM
hey robin,

if you want to see the flyer, mr bogey scanned it.

the URL is in a post "upthread" or you can go here

[www.angelfire.com]

you can print a flyer out from that image...

ps. hide ronnie's putter for us masters would'ya!! :^p
weather
October 22, 2002 10:21PM
Thursday...cloudy. scattered showers and thunderstorms. highs in the upper 70s. chance of rain 50 percent

Thursday night...cloudy. scattered showers and thunderstorms. lows 63 to 68. chance of rain 30 percent

Friday...cloudy. scattered showers and thunderstorms. highs in the mid 70s. chance of rain 30 percent

Saturday...cloudy. scattered showers and thunderstorms. lows 58 to 63. highs 70 to 75

Sunday cloudy. scattered showers and thunderstorms. lows 58 to 63. highs 70 to 75.
weather
October 23, 2002 09:36AM
Hub City Sky Valet
October 24, 2002 02:13PM
Mr. Jim,
Do you know of any affordable hotels who are offering special rates to disc golfers. Many of us out of towners are going to be looking for a cheap place to stay. If anyone with any info on this matter would reply to this forum it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Todd Rowell
October 24, 2002 06:24PM
I called the Howard Johnson express in Chickasaw, which is just up the street, from the chickasaw course. There rates for this weekend, are $39.99 for a single room. The phone number is (251)457-4006. I hope this will help you out. See you at the course, I hope.
Hub City Sky Valet
October 25, 2002 08:17AM
Thanks for the info. Todd, it will help out a lot. Although we will be seeking double rooms, we may still stay there. Any good prices on double rooms out there?????????
The Zinger
October 25, 2002 09:53AM
Hey Valet,,,,,,,why don't yall stay in the crack Hotel over in the Getto :)
boy that made for an interesting night for the SNC. lol.

ps: don't forget the key in the door this time

good luck and have fun
zplasticmaster
October 25, 2002 11:33AM
Terry,
I don't know about you but I really enjoyed staying in the ghetto hotel. I felt I was living Ghetto Fabulous, especially for 10 bucks the whole weekend! Where else can you find blunts and deodorant in the same vending machine. Not to mention buy high quality gold or silver for one low price in the parking lot. Leaving the key in the door wasn't a good idea, but at least that weird guy knocked on the door at 4 in the morn to tell us that we had. And don't forget the earplugs we used to drown out the deep and throaty snores of the wild wild bilbosnorus. I am predicting a sighting this weekend of the Bilbosnorus, he is back in action.
There will be some "dirty birds" from GA there this weekend, so they won't be able to see the Saints go 7-1 after this Sunday. Sorry Atlanta boys, Saints are going SUPERBOWL. Tell the BR folk I say WASSUP.

Stephen
grayson
October 29, 2002 05:33PM
i brought a buddy to the howler last weekend who played novice and placed sixth. we left early sunday because of the weather and i assumed the second round at chickasaw would have been cancled for the ams. i know better now. he knows sixth place doesn't pay out but he didn't recieve his entry package at signups and was wondering why. he is willing to pay shipping if it is not too much trouble. i figured he is more likely to attend another tournament if he has something to show for his time and money besides a wet pair of shoes.

we had a great time, even with the weather, thanks

please respond if ya'll can help me

thanks again

Grayson
jim
November 02, 2002 03:49PM
sorry about that ,he can do that or the next time you see me just remind him i owe him a disc, i will find a better way to do that . i just wanted every player to get something for coming . jim
grayson
November 02, 2002 04:35PM
i will try and remind you next time.

thanks
November 02, 2002 08:05PM
Jim

your the man !

Jim is the best !

Jim for president!

jim , jim , jim he's the man.

Todd
Joey V
November 02, 2002 10:33PM
I second that motion!!!!
Joey V
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013