Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
2008 Women's Nationals Fundraiser 10/20/07
August 23, 2007 06:50PM
For those of you who don't know, Huntsville will be hosting the 2008 Women's Nationals. It will take a lot of fundraising on our part and it starts in October as we kick things off with the inaugural Hartselle Halloween Hoedown. It will be a PDGA C Tier (not SN because we're raising money for a PDGA major). Drag your husbands/boyfriends and help us make this the largest Ladies only event EVER! 100% payout to all divisions. If you want to donate, please send us discs! The more discs for the ams, the less we have to pay for prizes, the more goes back to you girls.

Here are the prices:
Pro Men: $40
All other Pros: $35
ADV (Masters, Women, etc): $25
Am: (Masters, Women, etc): $20
Rec: $10
Junior: $10

Lots of Halloween fun on the course built for Halloween. We have 13 permanent holes. Soon to be 18.

Team Lenox

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2007 06:50PM by Hilltopper.
Re: 2008 Women's Nationals Fundraiser 10/20/07
August 23, 2007 08:09PM
Hey Josh........ a date would be nice?

Jeff H
August 23, 2007 09:01PM
I'm very confused. Are you asking me out? If so, I 'm taken. If you're asking me for the date of Women's Nationals, the answer is sometime in September 2008. If you're asking fot the date of the fundraiser, see the title of the thread.

Sorry for the sarcasm. Marla thought it was funny. She made me do it.

Josh

PS It will be in Hartselle, that wasn't very clear. I'm trying to stay within these no non SN event posts guidelines. Venture over to hsvdiscgolf.com for more info.
August 24, 2007 09:11AM
United States Womens Disc Golf Championship is the "official" name.

And it will be good to see it down South.

I'm sure there will be a good number of ladies from the Great State of Texas playing. We've never been able to get many girls all the way to Peoria, Midwest just isn't the south.
August 24, 2007 04:38PM
Actually I was asking for a date with Marla, but then I'll just call her directly and set that up. ;)

Jeff H
August 24, 2007 07:00PM
Hey Sue,
We've met before, but where are you from? Huntsville is a very easy flight from most cities. We are going to try to make it to where you won't have to rent a car if you fly in. We're looking at host hotels with free pick up/drop off services and possibly renting a van or two to shuttle players around.

Josh
August 27, 2007 10:05AM
I currently reside in Houston, I will be there, as I am road warrior with a car full of tie dye. :)

Will there be a formal fly mart?

And I'll be happy to give a players pack donation too.

Susan
August 27, 2007 04:47PM
Should be an outstanding venue. Suemac we missed you in Memphis.
August 27, 2007 05:15PM
Missed you guys too.

Couldn't make Memphis..............so me headed for another MMMMMMMMM this weekend.

Kicked'm to the curb, and coming by myself! :)
August 31, 2007 11:47AM
Hey Sue,

My plan is to have a fly mart at the players on Saturday night....looking for a place to have it. Fundraiser disc art is in prcess and should be finished in a week. We will take any donation you want to provide!

Thanks

Chris Jaskolka
2008 USWDGC TD
September 06, 2007 02:32PM
So you are asking for help from ths sndg a lot of women didnt come to Memphis because it wasnt pdga,because Cherly couldnt afford the pdga fee then they wavier it iam confused Danny
September 06, 2007 09:18PM
Pattycake very confused.
September 06, 2007 09:21PM
Danny,
I am asking for help for this event. I don't think Chris is. I also think that Karen bought a fundraiser disc for Cheryl's event. Marla didn't come because we had a prior commitmant to run an event in B'ham on that date with the Alabama Olympic Festival that we agreed to run a year before. Leslie Easterling and Ginger were also from my understanding very helpful and supportive. I didn't post this on the main page or list where it was in the title, because I was unable to SN it for the same reasons Cheryl didn't PDGA sanction her event.

If Memphis were hosting a PDGA major, you better believe I would be fundraising for you! Just like we (Marla and myself) gave money to the Am Championships and the doubles championships and bought discs to support (as well as spotted) at the pro championships. Besides, who says that the Women's Open won't be SN sanctioned as well? The date has not been set yet. If you or anyone else stepped up and offered to pay for SN sanctioning we would definitely take it. I can say that I wouldn't ask the SN to waive their fee for any event. I would ask others to sponser sanctioning however.

This is going to be a huge event for the southeast. It is the premier women's event in the world. We all respect Cheryl for what she has done for women. Hosting this event in Huntsville is not meant to compete, but build on what she and the Texas ladies have been doing already. Lets work together to improve women's golf across the board, not just within the SN or PDGA. Why should the 2 groups compete?

I'll say this too, if you can gurantee me that you and other Memphis people will come to this event on the 20th, I will take the money out of the payout to SN sanction the event. I am going to sanction our Ice Bowl SN only in February. I figured that if I only had money to sanction one place, it should be the PDGA since it is a fundraiser for a PDGA major. I also thought that due to the specialness of the US Women's Open that SN players would embrace it. I still hope that you will.

Josh
September 08, 2007 08:07AM
Josh,I do respect prior commitments and wouldnt ask anyone to change their commitments. I also feel that the PDGA & SN should wavier there fees to create a new event for the sport of disc golf,once started and going pay the respected fees.Barbara and i will do anything for the sport that why Bud Hill is open to play Pdga or sn. We will help anyway we can for your event. Danny
October 09, 2007 09:23AM
The Hartselle tournament....is it one day or two? It is probably listed on the PDGA tour but I am being lazy. We would both love to be there but Sunday tournaments are difficult for us. Keep us posted. Thanks.

Forever BOB
WDGA #106
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013