Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Juliana Korver Presents: La Vie en Rose

Posted by dennyritner 
September 24, 2008 08:38AM
On behalf of Juliana Korver, I am honored to announce her inaugural ladies-only disc golf event: Juliana Korver Presents La Vie en Rose.

This unique event will take place February 14-15, 2009
at The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, FL.

In Juliana’s words:

"Are you curious why this disc golf adventure has the name that it does? Literally La Vie en Rose translates to “the life in rose”. The English equivalent to this is “life through rose-tinted glasses” or even “life is rosy”.

If someone looks at something through rose-tinted glasses, they see only the pleasant parts of it. It is a way of life. It is an attitude that I aspire to maintain.

La Vie en Rose is a disc golf event that intends to combine many of the pleasant tournament aspects that we have experienced over the years as well as present new ones that will create a wonderful, memorable and rosy weekend.

This event is about warm fuzzies, feeling good and friendship. I hope that you all can experience the weekend through rose-tinted glasses and perhaps even take the attitude home with you to help you appreciate all that is good in life.

This will truly be a unique weekend that I hope and expect you will love."

Juliana has made the initial event announcement in person at the U.S. Women’s Disc Golf Championships and on the PDGA discussion board. For lots more information and to post your support, please visit this discussion thread, which will provide a link to the official tournament website:

[www.pdga.com]

Shawn Harrigan and I are the Co-TD’s for this event. We’d love to have your input, assistance, and sponsorship. Please e-mail mritner@yahoo.com if you are inclined to help Florida welcome the ladies of disc golf to a wonderful weekend of competition and comradery.

Yours In Flight,
Mark “Denny” Ritner
mritner@yahoo.com
(727) 512-9696
Re: Juliana Korver Presents: La Vie en Rose
September 24, 2008 09:46AM
I really Hope ALL the SN ladies will support this. It's about 5 hours from Mobile, and I Know after attending the USWDGC, You won't want to Miss this. if any of you ladies want to do this together, and car pool, or whatever..If your even remotely interested...please let me know..by PM, or call 251-391-1704

This will be a great chance to meet some awesome ladies..and you might learn a thing or two...I know I did.

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
September 24, 2008 10:08AM
This looks awesome! Here is the link the the tournament website: [julianakorver.net]

I spent my morning checking this out...I will be there!

-Cristin
September 25, 2008 06:22AM
I know we've got Texas girls who will be there in force, too!
October 23, 2008 11:19AM
Hey All!

Just wanted to say that pictures for all 18 holes on The Magnolia Disc Golf Course are now live on www.waydowndisc.com

If you happen to be out on the course and take some photos, please feel free to forward them to me and they may be included in future updates of the site.

I'll be out with the fam this weekend for Magnolia Fest. We'll be selling discs in front of the country store to raise money for the 2009 ladies-only tournament:

Please check out www.julianakorver.net/rose for lots of information on the unique, inaugural event!

We're looking for men that may be willing to volunteer for the event. If you'd like to be included in future emails regarding volunteering, please bounce me back. No commitment necessary at this point to be put on the list.

Also, we're looking for additional event sponsors to join the likes of:

Innova Disc Golf

Disc Golf Center

Sun King Disc Sports

Revolution Disc Golf

Wideye

Little Wing Disc Golf Club

The tournament site, www.julianakorver.net/rose has information about individual, company, and club sponsorship options.

Good luck to all at the Orlando Open!

Yours in flight,

Mark "Denny" Ritner

(727) 512-9696
November 10, 2008 12:31PM
Hey all!

Registration is off to a good start, with some very talented ladies on the list already. I'll be selling fundraising discs outside the country store at the Bear Creek Music Festival next weekend. Stop by and say "hey" if you're at the festival.

Registered as of today: (all pro women, so far)

Juliana Korver - Bowling Green, KY
Brandi Laudermilch - Spring Hill, FL
Addie Isbell - Modoc, SC
Angela Tschiggfrie - Iowa
Val Jenkins - Ohio
Pam Reineke - Orlando, FL
Sandy Gast - Orlando, FL
Sarah Stanhope - Greenville, SC
Pro Master Women

p.s. Just a reminder, this event has been created to appeal to women of all skill levels. Advanced and Intermediate divisions will be playing from the red tees and we'll have a temporary set of "green" teees for the recreational players. The players package is shaping up sweet already and entry fees, particularly for recreational players, are low.

More will be revealed . . .
November 26, 2008 11:29PM
Happy Turkey Day!!!

Just wanted to post a few updates to goings-on with La Vie en Rose. First of all we're off to a very nice start to our fundraising. We will be adding $1,500 cash to the pro purses. We'll also be adding extra merch to the am purses. The players packages are very, very nice. Without giving away all our secrets, we will let it be known that the retail value will be about $100.

We're very excited to see our intial pro registrants:

Addie Isbell - Modoc, SC
Val Jenkins - Ohio
Sandy Gast - Orlando, FL

We want to emphasize that this event is for women of ALL SKILL LEVELS. While the pro open women will be playing the tough blue tees, the pro masters, advanced, and intermediate will play from the red tees and the rec players will play from a temporary set of green tees. All ladies will have a great time.

Paid entries will include two nights of primitive camping, two nights of live music, a hog-roast lunch on Saturday (with a veggie option), a bonfire, a night-lit event, one free toss at the "Ace for the Cure" fundraiser and lots of fun comradery.

I spoke with many ladies last weekend at the Players Cup, some of which are registered and some of which are on the fence. I'd like to strongly encourage all that are on the fence to buy themselves a holiday gift or ask a loved one to pony up to start 2009 off right. Guys out there that voice support for getting more women in the game, here's an opportunity for y'all to join together and sponsor a local gal or two to make the trip.

There are many reasons why disc golfing women will not want to miss this event, including:

1) It will be a blast.
2) The park is beautiful.
3) It'll be sunny and in the 70's during the day.
4) You'll meet other disc golf women from around the country
5) You'll get to meet Juliana, Val Jenkins, Angela Tschiggfrie, and other wonderful professionals.
6) You'll get to say years from now that you were at the first La Vie en Rose.
7) You'll have the red carpet rolled out for you, unlike any other event.
8) You'll contribute to and draw from the energy of a group of women dedicated to growing the sport and making it great.
9) You'll have the chance to earn a spot in the pro-am elimination shootout.
10) You'll have a chance to win a paid entry to the 2009 Southern Nationals Finals.
11) You'll earn A-tier PDGA points.

We are working on arranging airport rides and helping with other accomodations. If you are considering attending this event and have any questions, please send me an email:mritner@yahoo.com

Here are some links that provide additional information:

http://www.pdga.com/la-vie-en-rose-tournament

http://zonedriven.com/11/17/111708-interview-with-denny-ritner

www.waydowndisc.com

official tournament website

discgolfer.ning.com
December 05, 2008 10:09AM
Hey all:

Wanted to drop a couple updates.

NEW BLOG: blog.waydowndisc.com

TOURNAMENT WEBSITE: www.julianakorver.net/rose

Latest registration:

Open Women
Addie Isbell - Modoc, SC
Val Jenkins - Ohio
Sandy Gast - Orlando, FL
Karin Van Duzee - Jacksonville, FL

Pro Master Women
Connie Lehman - Sarasota, FL

Advanced Women
Cherie Lindsay - Clearwater, FL
Cathy Tulk - Clearwater, FL
Wanda Langenback - Clearwater,FL
Crystal Roof - Sarasota, FL

Ladies and gents: The Southern Nats crowd is conspicously absent from this list thus far. We're throwing an awesome weekend disc golf party and ALL SN LADIES are invited!!! We're pushing hard to have 40 players registered by the end of 2008! If you're on the fence, visit the TOURNAMENT WEBSITE: www.julianakorver.net/rose and register today. For ease, online registration is available at www.sunkingdiscs.com

Not to call anyone out, but just to make sure that everyone is aware of this event, if you know someone on this list, please ask them to visit the tournament website and consider joining us for the first ladies-only disc golf event of 2009!!!

Michelle Cartwright

Stacey Perry

Meghan Jordan

Leslie Easterling

BJ Atwood

Lori Maxwell

Marie Findley

Michelle Graham

Shannon Simmons

Judy Haydel

Jennifer Haring

Janis Scott

Marla Lenox

Liz Lopez

Stacia Pearce

Tommy Darby

Emily Lawrence

Misty Smith

Lizz Acosta Pearson

Juliane Ascenerenner

Karen Jaskolka

Karin Van Duzee

Lisa Hearn

Tambra Kleminsky

Frankie Ferguson

Ginger Tannock

Selina Hansen

Selena Hansen

Robbie Sheets

Rena Chapa

Jessie Bowman

Mandi Hofmann

Andi Lehman

Robin Adams

Monica Jodkins

Michelle Williams

Jennifer Haring

Michelle Graham

Jamie Abernathy

Anne Lewis

Cristin Bolt

Mandy Sharp

Heather Eng

Marla Lenox

Kristi Bayer

Valerie Hoover

Lindsey Broome

Stephanie Hamilton

Alexandria Mero

Melissa Townsend

Kelly Kuntz

Michelle Ala

Kate Adams

Michelle Switzer

Kathy Johnson

Libby Forrester

Marie Findley

Jennifer Coleman

Charlotte Martin

Sarah Patterson

Stacey Whitley

Nicole Douglas

Janice Hopper

Wendy Boutin

Shawna Williams

Stacey Rodgers

Wynn Coley

Shari Romell

Sara Bishop

Penny Steele

Michelle Williams

Nancy Hobock

Meridith Wise

Mellisa Townsend

Ashley Hoster

Brandy Page

Brooke Breaux

Carrie Carlisle

Charlee Swain

Dana Norman

Debbie Guiliotis

Catherine Fradier

Ashley Flowers

Jenny Ables

Kim Brown

Julia Rutherford

Judy Haydel

Jessica MaGee

Janette Burleson

Michelle Cross

Frankie Ferguson

Heather Provenza

Jennifer Haring
Michelle Graham

Jamie Abernathy

Anne Lewis

Cristin Bolt

Heather Eng

Mandy Sharp

Alexandria Mero

Marla Lenox

Lindsey Broome

Valerie Hoover

Kristi Bayer

Stephanie Hamilton

Kelly Kuntz

Melissa Townsend

Michelle Ala

Kate Adams

Frankie Ferguson

Jennifer Coleman

Marie Findley

Libby Forrester

Charlotte Martin

Wendy Boutin

Shawna Williams

Kathy Johnson

Michelle Switzer

Nicole Douglas

Sarah Patterson

Heather Provenza

Janice Hopper

Stacey Whitley

Wynn Coley

Michelle Cross

Stacey Rodgers

Michelle Williams

Shari Romell

Nancy Hobock

Penny Steele

Sara Bishop

Meridith Wise

Ashley Hoster

Brandy Page

Brooke Breaux

Carrie Carlisle

Charlee Swain

Dana Norman

Debbie Guiliotis

Catherine Fradier

Janette Burleson

Jessica MaGee

Judy Haydel

Julia Rutherford

Kim Brown

Jenny Ables

Mellisa Townsend

Mattie Newton

Lauri Ames

Kelly Kuntz

Katie Wardman

Janice Hopper

Elizabeth Mccoy

Cristin Bolt
December 29, 2008 01:34PM
The team here at waydowndisc.com wishes you all Happy Holidays!!!

As 2009 approaches, we’re working hard preparing for the inaugural La Vie en Rose women-only tournament hosted by Juliana Korver. We’ve been pleased with the initial support from many sponsors. We’re also very happy to have 27 players registered thus far including multiple world and national champions. These ladies will be travelling to Florida from Georgia, Kentucky, Texas, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Iowa, Ohio, and California.

I’d like to let all disc golf businesses, clubs, and individuals that are interested in supporting the women of disc golf and the future of our sport that we have several opportunities available to do so. We have a few sweet Inncolor Star Ontario Rocs remaining, signed Champion Plastic discs, and annual tee sign sponsorships. Details on all can be viewed: [julianakorver.net] We’ve sold 23 tee sign sponsorships thus far and have 11 remaining.

Also, boyfriends, husbands, and clubs are strongly encouraged to sponsor entry into the event for their local ladies.

How many times have y’all heard “we need more women in this sport”? The time is now for all men that are interested in doing their part to help give the ladies a very special weekend to step up and pledge their support. Please take a look at: [julianakorver.net] and pick an option of support that works for you.

I’d love to hear your feedback and answer questions at any time.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Mark “Denny” Ritner
TD – La Vie en Rose
mritner@yahoo.com
blog.waydowndisc.com
(727) 512-9696
January 11, 2009 12:02AM
Final Course Work Weekend B-4 La Vie en Rose
January 11th, 2009
Next weekend, January 17th-18th will be the final push for The Magnolia Disc Golf Course beautification prior to next month’s La Vie en Rose women’s tournament.

If you’d like to volunteer some time to help welcome the ladies travelling from Michigan, Ohio, Georgia, The Carolinas, Pennsylvania, Texas, Iowa, Illinois, and California, please give me a call to RSVP @ (727) 512-9696

Park entrance and primitive camping will be complimentary that weekend for volunteers.

We’ll be pruning, weed whipping, raking, etc. Please bring gloves and any appropriate tools you may have.

Also, we still have a few tee sign sponsorships available and are collecting donations for CTP prizes.

If you have any plastic, shirts, hats, or other items that you think the ladies would love to receive as a CTP prize, please mail them to:
Mark “Denny” Ritner
P.O. Box 621796
Oviedo, FL 32762
(727) 512-9696
mritner@yahoo.com

The Player’s Programs will go to press on February 1st and we’ll thank in writing all those that send in CTP prizes before then.
January 23, 2009 07:54AM
Booking my room today..I will be signing up when I get there...I hope that is okay.

I can't wait..

Who else is going in the SN land???? Come on Ladies

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
January 26, 2009 12:07PM
Hey Ladies,

was just looking at the tournament website and they are capping the tournament at 72 players. So far 51 are signed up. Just a little FYI for anyone still deciding.
January 26, 2009 07:03PM
Snap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Booking my room today..I will be signing up when I
> get there...I hope that is okay.
>
> I can't wait..
>
> Who else is going in the SN land???? Come on
> Ladies

I'll have a post in the next day or two with final details for those attending. We will be accepting registrations until 7pm on Friday, February 13th. Don't let the date scare you! Looking forward to meeting many of you in a couple weeks!!!

Feel free to call if you have questions,
Denny
(727) 512-9696
January 26, 2009 07:44PM
Even though my name was not on the "calling all players" list, I doubt I will be in attendance, finances are just too tight right now. I wish I could attend though. I told Joe the Pro that was all I wanted for my 25th wedding anniversary but money dictates otherwise. Everyone have a great time for me.
January 26, 2009 08:59PM
Judy and I are planning to go to this as are Nicki and LeAnne from Birmingham. Should be lots of fun!!
January 29, 2009 08:25AM
Hey all:

Important tournament information is now posted on my blog. Also, I will be posting Q&A regarding the tournament exclusively on the blog from now until the event. Please let anyone you know who's signed up, considering signing up, or would like to sponsor or volunteer to visit:

[blog.waydowndisc.com]

Peace,
Denny
January 29, 2009 08:44AM
Will you turn away women if you go over 72 players?
February 10, 2009 01:44PM
good luck SN ladies and hope to se some of you at TWC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 44
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013