Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

pro women's entry fees

Posted by *meghanf* 
pro women's entry fees
November 19, 2008 04:57PM
I am trying to gather statistics about pro-women preferences reguarding entry fees in tournaments.

Usually the open women's division is lacking in #s of participants which results in lack of $$ payed out. The question is....Do you pro-women want to pay the same entry fee as the pro men? It will simply increase the payout to the winner and increase the cost to the loser.....and as a person who has been both....I say it is worth paying more if it means that I have a chance to win more......and I would like the winner to feal as goodas possible about their win....and often if they win more money, they feal better...just a thought.

Let me know what you think. The results aquired here will likely effect the entrance fees of the memphis dogwood classic in may.

SO LADIES PLEASE RESPOND......Leslie, Lori, Shannon, Marie, Stacey, Suemac, Marla, Judy, Cat, Karen, BJ, Rena, Selena, and anyone else who I forgot. (no I did not forget snap.....she has already voiced the fact that she agrees with me :)
Re: pro women's entry fees
November 19, 2008 05:28PM
Ladies come to my next tournament I always take care of the girls just ask Leslie
November 20, 2008 10:50AM
I do agree more entry fee= more pay out. Which I'm all for, but I know from experience and other's comment, that sometimes the entry fee affects turnout! The larger tournments should have a larger entry fee, but the smaller ones should stay about the same. Just my 2 cents!

Leslie E.
November 20, 2008 01:20PM
head
Ladies come to my next tournament I always take care of the girls just ask Leslie
let me know when and where and I'll be there :)
November 20, 2008 02:06PM
Look for it in Southaven sometime next year I will be putting it on the schedule after Christmas when my work schedule comes out
November 20, 2008 02:29PM
As a "want-to-be" pro, I can argue either side. But, we always want to be just like the boys...............same tees, sweet smack and such. LOL
November 24, 2008 12:34PM
Well, Suemac, sometimes I disagree about the "same tees" sometimes, because the guys have the "big arms" to make it over water or over trees, or whatever. Seriously, I think that if it a bigger tournament that is gonna draw more "big names" then yeah, up the entry fee but if it's a smaller tourney, keep the entry fee lower so those ladies who aren't sure if they can make the cut to be pro or pro master will consider moving up to give "their arm" a try. Make sense? Hope so.

Me

Forever BOB
WDGA #106
January 22, 2009 11:53AM
We are starting the planning on the 2009 Memphis Dogwood Classic and one of the subjects under consideration is the fee structure for the women players. Traditionally, the women's fees have been significantly less than those of the men, but voices have been heard that want parity which equates to a higher payout. The Pro Open Men will be $70 and the Pro Men Master and Men Grand Master will be $50. Here is the question:

Do the Pro Open Women and Pro Master Women want their entry fees to be $70 and $50 respectively?

Meghan Jordan and Michelle Cartwright have said, "Yes". I would like to hear from Leslie Easterling, Rena Chapa, Lori Maxwell, Shannon Simmons, Stephanie Edwards, Stacie Morris, Tambra Klemensky, Becky Farris, Lisa Hearn and Tommy Darby since these are the ladies who competed in the Dogwood last year.

I would like to keep this thread focused on the question at hand. If there are any other pro women players who plan to attend I would like to hear from you as well.

Gary Wagoner, TD
January 23, 2009 07:05AM
Doesn't sound bad to me. It's not like it's one of those at $100+
January 23, 2009 07:48AM
:)

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
January 26, 2009 07:35PM
What about an advanced am division? They could pay the price Pro women pay now. That way, the Pros who want to pay more (and get more payout) can do so, and those that cringe at the higher price can still play above the am division. Is that even possible? Just a thought.

-Lindsey
January 26, 2009 08:09PM
A "Pro" can't play Advanced...That is if that "Pro" has cashed in 6 months. Advanced is still considered "AM"..so no that wouldn't work. All the Pro ladies have to agree to pay the higher prices :(

Nice thought though..

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
January 26, 2009 08:14PM
yeah...forgot about that little detail...sorry! (I was just hopeful...it would have been a solution to the whole "should I move up yet" question...) Anyway, hope to see you again soon! Possibly the Mobile Ice Bowl...but I'll definitely make the Hill...

-Lindsey
January 27, 2009 07:15AM
Hope to see you this weekend..To answer your question about moving up... You can always play a fundraiser tournament in Pro Women, and see how well you place without being stuck in that division. Or you can play Pro women when ever you want, and if you Win, or cash, you can turn down the money, and accept prizes. Either way you won't be "Stuck" in Pro. I think you would compete very well with all of us "pro";s around here.

See ya soon...

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
January 28, 2009 08:09AM
The best way to improve your game, play with better players.

I played with Dee yesterday, and she's heading to La vie Rose with Tiff and Tracy.

Wish I was going, but sending a box of pretty pink goodies for the ladies.

Have fun no matter what division you play.
January 28, 2009 11:44AM
Aww Sue..I wish you were coming. We'll miss you..

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
January 28, 2009 12:08PM
I love how Sue put it..... "HAVE FUN no matter what division you play". If your not having fun then you probably shouldn't be playing :) OR, you might take it toooooo serious :)
January 28, 2009 01:37PM
Amen!
February 02, 2009 11:26AM
I think it should be a major discussion. The Tupelo Ice Bowl. ALL PRO DIVISIONS $35 to enter... First place pro women. paid 25. I know you were the only one there..the am pay out should have been docked from paying 21 places, so MORE could go to the lesser people per-divison...Good luck on this one. Pe@ce. Michael™
February 02, 2009 12:13PM
Ice bowls are a totally different story though....it's about charity. I think we all could agree that we go to these tournaments knowing the payout will be less, especially since the entry fee is less, and they take out for the charity. It's just how it is when there is only one or two playing in a division ( I've played in toooo many lonely tournaments :)

Leslie E.
February 02, 2009 12:34PM
I agree, Leslie, I expected about $15 payout, since the tournament info. said that they would be donating 1/2 of all entry fees. In fact, after they gave me the $25, I decided to donate an extra $5 for charity, because I thought it was a good payout. Especially considering the tourney I played in where I payed $27 (in a non-ice bowl) with 4 open women and only got $50 for 1st place, so it was like I hit the jackpot at tupelo..lol......I didn't even have to beat anyone. (however, that 53 I shot from the long tees @ tombigbee would have been tough to beet ladies... (WINK :)
February 02, 2009 08:01PM
*meghanf* Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (however, that 53 I shot from the long
> tees @ tombigbee would have been tough to beet
> ladies... (WINK :)

That is why you are a pro and I am a wanna be!!! :0 Good shooting Meghan!!!!
February 02, 2009 10:02PM
Michael™ Wrote:
> I think it should be a major discussion. The
> Tupelo Ice Bowl. ALL PRO DIVISIONS $35 to enter...
> First place pro women. paid 25. I know you were
> the only one there..the am pay out should have
> been docked from paying 21 places, so MORE could
> go to the lesser people per-divison...Good luck on
> this one. Pe@ce. Michael™

Lets see if I got this straight...you want to take money from the divisions with the most players and give it to the divisions with the fewest. Or to put it another way: From those according to their ability; to those according to their need. Karl Marx would be proud.

Gary Wagoner
February 03, 2009 08:23AM
I don't know Meghan! I've shot my best rounds ever out there at the "Big Bee" :) In fact, I shot a whole tournament down (it was the last time that's ever happen, though :) Wish Shannon would have played, so you wouldn't have been soooo alone! Talk to ya soon!
Leslie
February 04, 2009 03:28PM
Thanks for the compliment Cat...you're too nice :)

lesliez Wrote:
> I don't know Meghan! I've shot my best rounds ever
> out there at the "Big Bee" :) In fact, I shot a
> whole tournament down (it was the last time that's
> ever happen, though :) Wish Shannon would have
> played, so you wouldn't have been soooo alone!
> Talk to ya soon!
> Leslie

Yeah, your right Leslie, it wasn't realy ALL THAT. But it was my first time finishing a round down in a tourney.....(and I was -3 with only two holes left lol ;) I also wish shannon....or anyone would have showed. Maybe she will come to wal doxey, are you coming?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2009 03:38PM by *meghanf*.
February 05, 2009 08:17AM
My first down ever in a tournamnet was there too!!! We are tooo cute :) Now we've got to find somewhere else that it is possible to shoot a whole tournament down at! Let me know if know of anywhere :) It's been almost three years....and I'm very sad :(

Leslie E.
February 05, 2009 08:32AM
I bet yall can do it in Southaven!!!
February 05, 2009 09:33AM
SOUTHHAVEN!!! yeah right!!!! I hope to shoot less than +10..lol, although I actually haven't played the course since southhaven showdown 1. Which is, as I recently remembered, where we met, Leslie. (aaaawww isn't that precious)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 09:38AM by *meghanf*.
February 05, 2009 02:35PM
Again, tooooo cute!!! Hey, I thought of another course though that you would love....because shooting down is definitely possbile. My hometown shortie...."Brahan Springs". If you do make it for the Hartselle Ice Bowl. We need to go by and check that one out if you have time. You would love it! I know I do!

Oh, and Southaven shooting down........in my dreams :) But, I do love to dream :)
Leslie E.
February 05, 2009 03:06PM
I bet yall can with Horn Lake in the line up!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013