Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Where will the lady disc golfers be?

Posted by John K 
Where will the lady disc golfers be?
October 14, 2003 06:43AM
This is a request from Lori and is easy enough to do, so here it is....

This is Lori's original post from the suggestion box:
----------
Hello all

I would like to see a permanent thread on this forum for the ladies to post which tournaments they will be attending. There are so few of us it is hard to support each other if we take off and go in different directions each weekend.

Just something to think about.

Happy Golfing!
Lori Maxwell
-----------

I hope this thread helps...

John k

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2004 12:36AM by brianlmoon.
Re: Where will the lady disc golfers be?
October 14, 2003 01:43PM
Lori,

If nothing gets messed up, Mikki & I will be at the Hill.

DG Guy
October 14, 2003 01:44PM
If I find out other info about the Bham ladies only tournament on Nov 1...I probably will be there....with the illness at home hard to go away for 2 days...one of us will have to stay home....and with the one day on Nov 1 I can go down and come back same day....after that am not sure....

Might make it to the Tupleo but again depends on the situation at home.....but it would be cool to have a place for ladies to post it.....

Beth, this is from the flyer :

GIRLS TEE PARTY

DISC GOLF

WHEN – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST

WHAT – CLINIC / MINI TOURNAMENT
WHAT TIME – 9:30 / 11:00
WHERE – GEORGE WARD PARK
FOR WHO – BEGINNER AND AMATUER GIRLS
HOW MUCH - $15.00 – disc included

CONTACT - dina_allyn@yahoo.com

HOT DOGS AND BEER INCLUDED
NO PRIOR DISC GOLF EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
BRING FRIENDS

tHE DISC SHOULD BE A 150.

October 16, 2003 04:18PM
Hello all!

I will be attending the Arkansas State Doubles on October 18 I will have the pleasure of Tammy Kleminsky as a partner. Yeah!!!

I will be attending the Bud Hill tournament on Nov. 1 & 2

I will post more dates as I figure out where I will be going.

I hope this thread will help all the ladies to meet at other tournaments.

Peace Luv & Discgolf

Happy Golfing!
Lori Maxwell
Hobock
October 16, 2003 04:31PM
Bud Hill for sure november 1 and 2

Nancy Hobock
and
Lisa Hearn
and maybe
Donyale Folsome

Hey Lori
This weekend I have a new mattress (much needed) being delivered on Saturday,but who knows???? Rose is supposed to work tomorrow but she will know for sure after work today......???
Good luck to all the ladies in L.R.
Take care.
Stacey
October 17, 2003 11:23AM
All of you in Little Rock have a good time. While you are golfing (and Stacey's trying out her new mattress) I'll be typing away on a literature review for my thesis. Any one want to trade??? I'm hoping to be at Bud Hill, but we'll see how much work I get done between now and then.
I'll be at the Howler and Bud Hill for sure. Just a little competition for the Am Women. Thank you to all the women who have made this such an enjoyable sport. Judy, I don't think I have enough brain cells left for what you're up against!! Looking forward to seeing you all on the course.

Debbie Blankenship
Pensacola
I will definitely be at the Howler playing in Am Women and at Bud Hill playing in (I think) Pro Women Master.Just out of curiosity,what is the age group for Masters? Can anyone let me know.Thanks a bunch.Hope to see you around one of those tourneys.
October 20, 2003 04:15PM
Hi Sara,

I wish we could make it to the Howler but we can't afford it this time. I hope that we can make it next year. The age for Pro Master Men is 40 so I guess it would be the same for women.

HappyGolfing!
Lori

ps see you at the hill
So, if I am a Amatuer Player but I am over 40, I should be playing in Pro Master Women's? I'm just trying to decide where I need to be! But I can only play that division if 3 other women show up for a tournament and want to also be in that division? You know I haven't paid alot of attention to the different divisions for Women. I guess I've just always assumed that there was an Am Women and a Pro Women. I believe I read earlier (somewhere in the forum) that now we have, or we want, an Advanced Womens Division. Would this be for above average Am Women, and also for the women who are not really Pro, but also aren't really Am? Thanks for keeping this woman disc golfer straight!
October 21, 2003 04:19PM
Deb,

Pros are playing for money, so if you wish to maintain Amateur status, IF you play Pro Masters Women, you would have to take prizes in leu of cash.

However, there is always the possiblity that there could be Amateur Master Women around too. Might not be a plaque,but you could play in your age group. Just remember, whenever you go to an event, ask for the division you want to play in, many not be enough to open a division, and you have to settle for something else, but it is always worth a shot.

See you at the Hill. . .my daughter will be playing Open Women!

DG Guy
October 26, 2003 11:52PM
Most likely I am going to Bham Tea party now...anybody else going???

Icey
Marla will be going to b'ham too. The flyer makes it sound like a 150 only tournament, but she doesn't throw any 150's. What's the deal?
October 27, 2003 08:11PM
Cool Marla is going...Addie wants to go also.....

Icey
October 28, 2003 09:40PM
Addie,

Are you playing at the Hill this weekend?

And what other pro women are going to the Budhill tournament?

Happy Golfing!
Lori
October 28, 2003 11:02PM
I thought that Addie was going to Bham.....I do not think she is going to Memphis this one...

Icey
Addie
October 29, 2003 04:29PM
Lori,

I haven't been playing hardly at all lately. My grandmother passed away and I just haven't been the same since, really. I KNOW I'll get back in the spirit soon though. Good luck to everyone at Bud Hill AND B'ham!! I'll see you all soon!
October 29, 2003 05:14PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, Addie...our prayers and sympathies from the Memphis Disc Golf Club....ya'll's attendance will be missed. God bless.
October 29, 2003 05:54PM
Addie,

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Dicky & I send our deepest condolences. Hope to see you soon.

Peace Luv & Discgolf

Dicky & Lori Maxwell
Dina
October 29, 2003 10:55PM
Re. The Birmingham Women's Tee Party.

It's mostly for inexperienced players but there will be a group of experienced players, I'm pretty sure. I got an e-mail from Kimberly in Atlanta today who said she was planning on coming with some friends. We'll put you guys in your own division. There won't be trophies for that division but there will be prizes, lunch and beer. Hope you can make it. It's going to be fun. It's the first all women's disc golf event in Birmingham. We're excited. I think there was a question about the disc. It's a 150 Shark. "Use it if you need it if you don't just pass it on" RH

I've got a couch and floor space if people need a place to crash.
Call for directions. 205-249-2267
Peace and light,
Dina
October 29, 2003 11:21PM
Well I have a friend I want to see down there...and because it is a 1 day...I thought I would come...am an experienced player....but can always use pointers....and like to help.....too...if needed

Beth
Dina
October 30, 2003 10:39AM
Cool Beth,
It will be great to have you there. We can use you in the clinic. Addie was going to come but I think she is playing in Memphis. It will be nice for the girls to see another girl who takes it really seriously. THey may have questions about traveling and such. Looking forward to meeting you.
Peace,
Dina
Josh/Marla and anyone else - Just wanted to make sure you got the part about the disc. When you pay, you get a 150 Shark but you don't have to use it. You can use whatever discs you want. Trade the shark with Tom if you like. He will be there to run the clinic. Just be sure to tell Dina when you get there that you are an advanced player so she can group the best players together.

I think it's going to be fun and I will be there to help Tom and Dina in any way I can. Viktor is going to be in charge of cooking for us so bring your appetites.

See you Saturday,

Doug
October 30, 2003 04:02PM
I like Sharks for turnover....will be nice to get a new one......hope that Addie gets in touch with me.....will be fun...I have a friend from down there coming out to visit me...maybe we can convince her to start....

Not sure what time I will make it down....but probably arrive between 8-9am

Icey/Beth Corey
Thanks Doug,

All Marla was wondering was whether or not it would be a 150 class only tournament. She'll be there and I'll be caddying (for obvious reasons).
Dina,
Hey, its Misty, Tims girlfriend. I know I told you I was going to play but I don't think I am now. I haven't had enuff practice. I played for the first time yesterday in like 2 weeks and I got soooo frustrated! :) BUT, I will be there with Tim to watch you guys and see how much better I need to get! Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know what was up! See you tomorrow! -Misty
October 31, 2003 03:06PM
How sweet Josh....will see you there in the morning...have you heard from Addie?

Beth
November 02, 2003 12:31AM
The womens Tee Party in B'ham was a huge sucess thanks to Dina and the club.
All entries to the event received a 150 Shark, then followed Tom Monroe for a clinic on how to throw the backhand three different ways.
He also explained the difference in an Ultimate Flick and a Power Sidearm for golf.
They teed off in groups pending skill level, with some who had never seen a golf disc. After a fun round the ladies were treated to Viktor's home cooking on the outdoor grill. Some juicy chicken breast'es were provided by Manly and a feast was had by all. The vareity of cold beer certanily helped to raise the spirts of the players.
24 girls in all signed up for the days events. Talk is of a monthly event with more ladies from out of town, Beth Cory from Florence made the trip only to be bested by Marla from H'vilee, who was the only lady to bust into the 50's.
Next up in the AL States Overall in H'ville Dec 6/7. Field events on Sat and golf on Sunday. Must inform Mgr Matt that you will arrive so he can add your name to the list on the Arsenal course. If you have never played the Arsenal, this will be your best chance to get in and enjoy it with your friends,
Road Trip anyone?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013