Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tourny Check In

Posted by Snap 
Tourny Check In
February 21, 2011 09:26AM
Okay ladies let's try this again... Where is everyone playing these day's, and Who's playing? We can list tourny's you plan to attend and division you plan to play. It's a good way we ladies can get together more often. There are a lot of new ladies out there, and alot of ladies that don't compete. That don't mean we don't want to hear from you ladies.

Okay I'll start:

I played this weekend in Mobile

I have a Playoff for the Team Mobile Women's spot. next Sunday Feb 27 in Mobile
then on March 5th. Joe Cain Mardi Gras Classic at Hobbit pk. in Mobile Funnest time you'll ever have.. "refreshments" will be served
March 19th the AlWAY'S Windy, Windy hills Open in Poplarville MS.
April 2 & 3 headed over to lafayette for the spring fling...yippii
Then April 15-17 The SN Cup team challenge..even if i loose the playoff.. I will be there to support The Best Team ((((MOBILE)))!!

Then By FAR The BEST Tourny you could attend for the whole year..The Southside SMACKDOWN!! Going for my 6th belt..Muuuhhaaaa
that's APRIL 30th in Mobile
then March 1st the Best Doubles Tourny!! The Mobile MIXER.. boy's grab a girl and head out to the bouge for the best Mixed Doubles day of golf!

Who's next...

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
Re: Tourny Check In
February 21, 2011 10:13AM
Awesome!! We have a bunch of great tournaments coming up in the SN region!!

Let's see...upcoming I plan to play...

Pot Of Gold and the Mobile Mixer. Not sure at this moment how my work schedule will allow me to play other tournies yet. I hope to play the next crosstown traffic! Those are fun!

Please note: The Mobile Mixer is the Sunday after the Smackdown this year. May 1, 2011!! If you are traveling from out of town, plan to stay the night and play the Mixer the next day!

I will be at City of Mobile Championships also...as the TD. Please come out to that tournament! A mobile classic!
February 21, 2011 02:03PM
YAY!!! :)

Last weekend I played a new course in Freeport, FL (about 30 minutes from FWB) but my home course is Ferry Park! If you haven't played at Ferry, I certainly invite you all to come play. It is small but a little challenging and nice scenery :) And great folks to play with!

I hope to play this weekend @ Blue Angel for the 1st Annual Fling for Life tourney.... but if I don't make it over there my sister and my little pumpkin will be playing and representing TEAM KEY CHAINS in the Am women division and Juniors Division!

Teresa Key
PLAYGROUND DISC GOLF CLUB
KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC
ForT Walton Beach, FL
February 21, 2011 02:25PM
I wish I could go to Blue Angel, but I have to work grrrr,,, Can't wait to get over to FP to play again.. that was SO fun!

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
February 21, 2011 06:50PM
Love this thread..... :)

It's starting to warm up, so starting to think about going outside ;) I have been so lazy this winter, but starting to plan to tournaments:
- March 15-16 Tishomingo Spring Tourney.... try to play this one every year, planning on playing.
- Florence Spring Fling.....TBD...it's not on the schedule, but they do this was yearly, and so do I :)
- Eat Sleep Disc #3 April 16th in Huntsville, AL at one of our newest and toughest courses is on my list to play.
- The Dogwood in Memphis May 7-8th is a classic! This is always on my list of favorites! This one might not be feasible this year, but I sure hope I can make it! I have a bachlorette party in Memphis the weekend before the dogwood, and then my friend's wedding the weekend after the dogwood. So, hopefully I can get the funds together to go. :) That would be three very busy weekends.

That is all I am planning right now, we'll see where I am after May :0

Leslie
February 22, 2011 09:26AM
April 16th??? I thought you were playing in the SN Cup? Isn't it the weekend of April 15 - 17th am I missing something

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
February 22, 2011 09:39AM
Didn't even make the connection. I was just looking through the schedule to see what would work.....SCRATCH THAT!!!

March 15th-17th SN CUP (Rogue Team)... :)
February 23, 2011 02:00PM
Blue Angel this weekend, Feb. 26th, Maybe the Joe Cain Classic March.5th in Mobile and the bring on the Pot of Gold in New Orleans March 12th!!!
March 01, 2011 11:18AM
GEEZ - I have not played in a tournament since the 2010 SN Cup...

I'll be attending the following tournaments:
- Sat, 3/12/11: Pot of Gold; New Orleans, LA
- Sun, 3/20/11: Windy Hillso Open; Poplarville, MS

Hope to see you ladies!

Jen Dhir
March 02, 2011 11:31AM
Hey gals!
So excited to play Pot of Gold and that you guys will be there! I always have fun with ya'll! We are broke right now so all I know is that we are playing POG and the SN Cup.
See you soon!
March 02, 2011 12:53PM
This weekend, I'll be playing the Winter Fox Open here in the 'Burg...and I really hope to make it to the Pot of Gold the weekend after...I want to play Poplarville, but don't know about the fundage--we'll see...I'll also be playing in the SN Cup in April and the Dogwood in May (which is the weekend before I graduate from USM. =) Party at the Hill! What?!?) Everything else depends on schedules and $$$. Hope to see y'all there!

-Lindsey Broome
Spin Crazy Disc Golf team
Hattiesburg, MS
March 02, 2011 07:03PM
I hear you Lindsey about the Hill!!! April and May are going to be awesome months of golf!!!
March 02, 2011 09:05PM
Hope to see ya at the Pot of Gold LinzB!! Good luck at your others!
March 03, 2011 09:19AM
Thanks for the luck, Keychainer! You too! Hope to see you in NOLA!

@Leslie: I know, right! I love the Hill! Maybe the weather will smile on us this time...I'm looking for Naquin conditions =)
March 03, 2011 10:25AM
The first four years I played in the Dogwood or Naquin...nothing but beautiful weather. But, we can't seem to get a break at the Dogwood the last couple of years....maybe the third time will be the charm! What's so awesome is that, even though we know the rain is coming...they still have record numbers....that's how you know it's worth it!!! :)

Good luck to all over the next month, and looks like we'll be see ya at the SN cup. I'm excited to get to meet some new ladies......

Leslie
March 06, 2011 07:01PM
Well last minute decided to play Winter Fox Open, it was awesome and such a gorgeous day.

Signed up for POG and planning on playing Windy Hills Open (that is if I make it back from the beach)!!!!

I wish I could make the SN Cup but I have prom duty that weekend. Lindsey is representing the H'burg team and I will probably drive up on Sunday to cheer the team on!!!

I really want to make Bud Hill....we will see what the funds are like!!!!

Skye Morgan
March 06, 2011 09:26PM
Another one to add to the list....

Next weekend is the Roc Run in Memphis, TN on Sunday 13th. It is some of the wildest and craziest golf you'll ever play...THAT IS A PROMISE!!! They are playing with 3 person teams...that's right 3! You get a DX roc when you sign up, and it is the only disc you can use. Last year one course was short 100 to 150 foot holes (true Ace Race), and the other course had baskets 25 feet in the air, hula hoops to throw through, etc. One hole even had 20 baskets on it...Can you say ACE!!! I just found out that I have a team...Shannon Simmons, Steph Edwards, and myself. I know of at least two other all female teams......

Hope some of you can make it!!!
Leslie
March 07, 2011 08:52PM
Yes H'Burg was a blast..and it was Great seeing you and Joel..glad your playing again. Tony rocked the ladies payout..again. That was great, beings Jen beat my butt..lol Anyway..the City of Mobile is The end of the month.. Fantastic tournament, I hope ya'll can make it. Gotta work next Saturday, So..I have fun at the POG. Just remember, the Daquiri shop is right around the corner from Lafreniere Park ;)

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
March 07, 2011 11:01PM
Did someone say Daquiri shop?? :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
Team KeyChains/PDGC President
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
March 08, 2011 12:05PM
FOCUS........ ;)
March 08, 2011 12:43PM
:-P
March 08, 2011 01:10PM
Now if you all had said Margaritas....I would have lost focus ;0
March 08, 2011 02:53PM
lesliez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now if you all had said Margaritas...

Where's the LIKE button?!? YES!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 02:55PM by Karen J..
March 08, 2011 03:28PM
I want you people on my card!!! :-)
March 08, 2011 04:42PM
Now what to do since Windy Hills Open cancelled??

All you ladies need to come to Mobile for some "party" golf! =)
March 08, 2011 05:03PM
I hear the Texas Women's Championship is party all weekend!!! :)
March 08, 2011 08:10PM
Yea, They have Margarita daquiri's...just All Frozen, no rock's, but they also have jello shots and cherry bombs lol..wish I could get off...SUCKS!

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
March 10, 2011 08:25PM
Signed up today for POG! Woot woot! See you ladies this weekend!

And um...if a daquiri run is made...let a sista know, please! =)

-Lindsey
March 11, 2011 09:54AM
The Key sisters are heading to the P.O.G. this afternoon..... yep yep :-)

TEAM KEY CHAINS BABY ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
March 11, 2011 10:06AM
Woot-Woot!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013