Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ADVANCED DIV. FOR WOMEN

Posted by KEYCHAINSRK 
Re: ADVANCED DIV. FOR WOMEN
July 21, 2011 08:35AM
I agree totally with the above posting on the pro tees. I don't mind backing up for the second round on most courses. However, there are many courses where the pro tees are quite intimidating and burly. I think the decision should be left up to the division at the tournament and the TD. Which is the case for many pro women in the SNDG (I have played many tournaments where the pro ladies agreed to play the am tees both rounds).

As to prizes, for me it is just not about them. It is about competing and making life long friends who love the sport as much as I do! Now a basket would be nice, but if there is not enough turn-out in the division then it just doesn't make sense to give one away. Many women are turned off from competing because the intermediate women division is such a competitive and talented division. I think it is time for many of us to step up to an advanced division and get that practice before moving up to pro.

It would be awesome if some TD's would be open to making an advanced division!!!

Skye Morgan
July 21, 2011 10:22AM
I can't remember the Last time I have played Long/Pro tee's. 99% of the time, we, Pro women play the same tee's Am Men play. So an advanced womens division will allow you to see how you would stack up to the Pro ladies. You might be very supprised.

My Moto is.. You can't get better playing the same division of women, You have to play with Better to become better ;)

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
July 21, 2011 10:36AM
Well said Snap!

I agree 100%!!! Thanks for validating my statement about the tee situation.

Skye Morgan
July 21, 2011 12:03PM
Go Snap,Go Snap..........!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
Team KeyChains/PDGC President
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
July 21, 2011 09:44PM
Would love to have an advanced division also, I did move to pro this year with a little prompting from some good friends, don't know how well I'll do but I'm giving it a try, also some of the girls I played against told me they were glad I moved up which gave them the opportunity to win a tourney, in the end I was glad I did! I don't like the idea of being forced into a group if your not ready, but I do agree it will make you a better player to compete with much better players.
July 26, 2011 02:32PM
We had 6 women sign-up in the Adv. Wm. Div. at our Lifes a Beach tourney!! Woot.........!! That left 9 in Am Wm.!! Nice..........!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
August 24, 2011 09:28AM
I asked on the bod thread of this topic yesterday if there had been any more thought to a avd. wm div. This was on there this morning!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Treasurer I keep track of all the players that play each division at each tournament on a spreadsheet. I know would know how many adv women and am women we've had throughout the season so seperating the SN fees for the women is already being done. The decision has to be made by the SN bod whether they will be two disctict seperate divisions so the web guy can seperate the points instead of them being lumped together....

For the current season so far entered into the spreadsheet (through the summer sizzler) there have been 12 advanced women and 68 am women.

JOhn k
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YEAH.........................!! Thanks everyone!

Ronda Key
September 22, 2011 01:52PM
Adv Women and Senior Pro Grandmaster Divisions
-Voted (via private forum) to add to the site and begin recording points in the 2 divisions
-Brian Moon is being contacted to add the 2 divisions into the coding of the website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah............!! Thank you BOD!! This is great news!!

Ronda Key
September 22, 2011 01:58PM
Sweet!! Now all you baggers move out of my division! LOL!!
September 22, 2011 02:04PM
Bolty-Bolt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sweet!! Now all you baggers move out of my
> division! LOL!!

------------------------------------------------------------
You are coming with me Baggly!!lol

Ronda Key
November 22, 2011 09:19AM
KEYCHAINSRK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Adv Women and Senior Pro Grandmaster Divisions
> -Voted (via private forum) to add to the site and
> begin recording points in the 2 divisions
> -Brian Moon is being contacted to add the 2
> divisions into the coding of the website

> Yeah............!! Thank you BOD!! This is great
> news!!

This is great news, now we just need to start having it advertised and offered, at least at some of the larger tournaments in the Memphis/Little Rock area where we mostly play. IMO there is a need for Adv Women division. Several of the women around these areas are much better than the other Am women but not quite good enough yet to be competitive in Pro. Those women would benefit competition wise with their own division. Plus i believe it might also draw more new women in to play Am if they felt like they had more of a chance to not be embarrassed of their scores. Because lets face it, we don't want to be embarrassed!
November 24, 2011 09:25AM
lmeyers Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
> This is great news, now we just need to start
> having it advertised and offered, at least at some
> of the larger tournaments in the Memphis/Little
> Rock area where we mostly play. IMO there is a
> need for Adv Women division. Several of the women
> around these areas are much better than the other
> Am women but not quite good enough yet to be
> competitive in Pro. Those women would benefit
> competition wise with their own division. Plus i
> believe it might also draw more new women in to
> play Am if they felt like they had more of a
> chance to not be embarrassed of their scores.
> Because lets face it, we don't want to be
> embarrassed!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats exactly what is happening here in FL & AL! We are all working really hard to bring women in to play, but then when tourney time comes, they dont want to have to play us! Great to hear ya'll are having the same problem cause that means more women!! :)

Ronda Key
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013