Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
ADVANCED DIV. FOR WOMEN
June 28, 2011 09:49AM
Anyone know anything about adding a adv. div. for women? Tk and I have and are working very heard on bringing the sport to women in our area! (FWB) There are 5 of us that have been coming to all the Mobile tourneys and a hand full more that are now playing here! I have had the chance to play with several women from Ms. and know Mobile has a buttload whos play level are better than am. wm!

I personally have been playing in the SN for a year and a half. I want to move out of the am. div. as to give way for the new players to excel. But not sure that I am at the same play level yet as Leslie,Snap,Jennifer H. and others in the pro div.

So, now that we have women joining and playing, it is of my opinion, women should have an adv. div. I have been told if 3 women sign up at any tourney, then they would make one for that tourney. But what about where there isnt 3 women? How do you keep it separate? I want to move up to a higher div. and play there all year, just like the guys are allowed to do if they choose.

What do you all think?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
Team KeyChains/PDGC President
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Re: ADVANCED DIV. FOR WOMEN
June 28, 2011 10:24AM
Wooo Woooo.... advanced!!! Move up Baggers!

LOL!! j/k

We definitely need an advanced division. It's hard when you can never be too sure how many females will show up.

We will offer that division at the Howler. If I can get at least three females committed to that division prior to, I will order a first place plaque. If not, we will still offer the division and see what happens. Worst case scenario we can order a plaque after the fact and send it to the champion.

How's that.

Ok...BOD...Let's keep these points separate!
June 28, 2011 10:27AM
Woot-Woot Bolt!! Move your behind up baglady!!! lol :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
June 28, 2011 10:29AM
I believe we are going to offer an adv. div. @ Life's a Beach also! Tk loves me and wants me the heck out of ams. LOL

Ronda Key
June 28, 2011 10:57AM
That's funny... I was seriously just about to pose this same question! I am all for an Advanced Women's division! My game is not anywhere near consistent enough to move to Pro yet... as proven by the arse-whoopin' I received this past weekend at the Tomato Toss!

Jen Dhir
June 28, 2011 11:08AM
LOL!! I completely agree with ya Jenn! I'm getting there, just I dont think yet!!

Ronda Key
June 28, 2011 12:14PM
If the PDGA offers FW1, so should you guys! Good Luck and I hope we see some of you at Women's Nationals in Round Rock (Austin, TX) this September.

Texas fellas know how to treat the women right. ;)
June 28, 2011 12:34PM
Suemac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Texas fellas know how to treat the women right.
> ;)

oohhhh... then send one my way ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
June 28, 2011 12:40PM
Send 2!! ....oh wait...never mind! LOL

What the heck does FW1 stand for anyways?
June 29, 2011 11:53AM
FW1, is Women's advanced in pdga lingo.

FW2 Intermediate Women
FW3 Red Women.

It would seem that as the ranks of girls grows, you guys need to have ATLEAST two am divisions. I know it would suck to be a beginner and be competing with girls who've been playing for some time. Especially since you guys don't seem to want to pay out all the am women, you save that for the pro ladies from what I've seen (IMO that is upside down and backwards) If anyone should be paid out 100% is should be ams not pro's who are supposed to be playing for cash.

Be sure to place an order for a tall glass of Texas Man, I know we've got a few extras round here we can send along!

Stay cool ladies! Hope to make Howler this year.
June 29, 2011 11:58AM
Thanks for info. Suemac!! I agree with you on the div. and payout! Look forward to maybe meeting you at the Howler! Come to Florida!!!

Ronda Key
June 29, 2011 01:39PM
I tell you what. I feel very strong about this topic. You Girls are 100% right and what you're doing will grow the sport for Women.
Go ahead and buy the 1st Place plaques for those 2 tournaments Bolt and Rhonda. I will personally sponsor those plaques no matter how many are in the Division. That should help! Let me know how much $ to send.

Lynn
June 29, 2011 02:22PM
I may be don't play anymore...moved further away from BR....but I still keep track of things and anytime anyone needs sponsors....call me; text me; or holler at me on FB and I will be glad to help whenever I can. Let me know where to send a sponsorship too, Bolt and Rhonda....Cat
June 29, 2011 03:56PM
Love this thread ladies! I had this discussion at one of our meetings recently. Definitely needs to be brought back up! I will use this as a reference....keep it coming!!!

Leslie
June 29, 2011 04:12PM
There will DEFINATELY be an ADVANCED WOMENS division at the 2nd Annual Life's A Beach Tourney.....so come on ladies, who is stepping up?

We are also looking for sponsors for our tourney....

$ 25.00 tee- sign

$ 50.00 tee-sign with your name on the tourney shirt

$100.00 2-tee-signs with your LOGO on the tourney shirt

Hoping for a great turnout, especially in the ladies divisions, we have had so many new females start playing in our area.....can't wait :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
June 29, 2011 04:21PM
Lynn and Cat, You ladies ROCK.........!!!

Ronda Key
June 30, 2011 07:20AM
Send me an address and I'll send some "stuff" for your Beach event. And I miss you guys! Got to head east soon!
June 30, 2011 09:12AM
Lynn and Cat!! You two are awesome!! Thanks so much!

I think this can be big! And will help increase the amount of female participation.

Advanced Women will be offered at the Howler!! Whoo!!
June 30, 2011 10:32AM
Suemac Wrote:
> Send me an address and I'll send some "stuff" for
> your Beach event. And I miss you guys! Got to
> head east soon!

KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC
20 Walter Martin Road
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548

and Sue..... you so ROCK ;-)

Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
July 06, 2011 09:53PM
after reading this thread, have a different opinion. If the demand is there, then so should a division. Points should always be kept seperate, don't know why they haven't, but definitly should. Hope you girls get the sn to recognize the division and keep up the good work bringing in more ladies.

Terry Zeringue
July 07, 2011 07:11AM
Thanks Terry!
July 07, 2011 10:28AM
Thank-you Terry!
July 07, 2011 11:47AM
Quick question regarding splitting up Int Am Women and Adv Am Women.

I respect the desire to offer another division for improving am women.
This gives the newer ladies a better shot at competing in the Int division
while the Adv Am Women can test their skills at the next level.

Here is my question.
Will the AdvAm Women be willing to play the same tees as the pro women?
This is done in the non-gender protected divisions.

The Advanced play the same tees as the open players.
It gives the rising AdvAms the comparison to gauge their progress
and readiness to begin competing for $.

steve timm
July 07, 2011 12:06PM
halffastpull Wrote:
> Quick question regarding splitting up Int Am Women
> and Adv Am Women.
>
> I respect the desire to offer another division for
> improving am women.
> This gives the newer ladies a better shot at
> competing in the Int division
> while the Adv Am Women can test their skills at
> the next level.
>
> Here is my question.
> Will the AdvAm Women be willing to play the same
> tees as the pro women?
> This is done in the non-gender protected
> divisions.
>
> The Advanced play the same tees as the open
> players.
> It gives the rising AdvAms the comparison to gauge
> their progress
> and readiness to begin competing for $.
>
> steve timm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will most definitely will play from the tees pro women play from!!

Ronda Key
July 07, 2011 02:53PM
I too would love to play the same tees as Pro Women.

Jen Dhir
July 07, 2011 06:29PM
Sorry I didn't pick this up sooner ladies, I've been avoiding the forums. My wife has banned me for the most part, but let me explain the decisions behind the adv/am women situation.

4 years ago we had 2 am women's divisions, am and adv. We had healthy turnout in both divisions. Then things went sketchy. We ended up with only 3-4 women in the entire series playing adv. The problem was and is the championships: we were requiring that am and adv women each receive at least a Mach 3 caliber basket for first and a nice basket for second as well as trophies for 3 places in each division and field events prizes. The cost was staggering.

Here is a breakdown:

2 Mach 3 baskets: $776
2 lower level baskets $280
6 trophies: $60-$120

Total: $1116

Those are prices from 2 years ago at Hartselle. We had 6 women attend. So, if we charged $100 an entrant, we would be putting $600 into the division from entries. The SN this season is owed $269 in am women's fees. So right off the bat, the am women's divisions would be underfunded by $247 without including the players packs.

Even with only having one division at Hartselle, the average woman recieved $358 in payout, while the average am male player got $316 even though am men collects 10 times the fees the women do.

So it was decided that we would offer one division. All monies during the year would go into just am women. TD's can and do offer ADV, but the money would still go into one big pot. At the champs, the ladies could divide into divisions however they want, but we only would require 2 baskets and 3 trophies for all am women. The money collected can be split evenly or by player between the divisions.

It wasn't meant as a slight. It was needed to help keep the SNAC TD from sinking tons of cash into am women. Remember as well that the junior division collects no fees during the year so it also has to be funded by taking money away from the larger divisions.

If you want to change things, the next BOD certainly should consider it. If they do, the financial requirements at the SNAC will have to be modified help the td handle it.

Josh Lenox
2009 SNAC TD
SN BOD member 2007-2011 (soooooo close to done!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2011 06:30PM by Hilltopper.
July 09, 2011 01:58PM
Thanks for chiming in Josh. Those are some important details that the Ladies need to know. I have to admit, I wasn't thinking that far ahead. I was throwing support out for the regular tournaments. I think they would enjoy having two divisions at the regular season tournaments.

Maybe the BOD could decide on Championship prizes based off of participation rather than just the Division title itself. If the division grows big enough to support the purchase of a basket for a prize, do it. If not, I think the players would be ok with the usual plaques and plastic. The whole point is to grow the participation of women and girls playing in tournaments by moving up the stronger players throughout the year which in turn should increase participation in the SNAC.

Speak up Ladies. What will it take to get more Girls and Ladies playing? FWB is doing a great job. Mobile has a lot of Women playing casually, but tournament participation is spotty. I know quite a few play at Bud Hill. What else should we do?

Lynn
July 09, 2011 07:04PM
As most of you know, my wife is a touring player and we have discussed many times how to increase participation in the women's divisions. She loves playing in ADV women's division (she did today in an SN event in Rainbow City). What the BOD wants is for women to feel included and supported at the SNAC, SNDC and SNPC. I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
Josh
July 20, 2011 06:12PM
as far as what tee's to play, if advanced is going to be the middle grounds between am and pro then the courses should be considered. Short courses like in FWB the pro tee's are very reasonable. Courses like cottage hill and muni in mobile I think we should be moved from the short tee's to the regular tee's before being pushed all the way to the pro tee's.

As far as prizes go, of course everyone wants prizes. Personally I'd rather have a plaque or something for bragging rights over randomly donated plastic. I keep winning disc I have no desire to play with.

For me, more than the prizes its nice to just have a smooth run tournament with good competition. Its frustrating to start a match playing someone I can't touch, and then sometimes I feel bad playing against my mom (no offense mom. I love you and your awesome). There should be a way for us to more appropriately divide ourselves up. Hopefully with the third division we will see more ladies coming out especially new ladies now that they wont feel so overwhelmed playing their first tourny against women that have been playing almost as long as I've been alive. lol.

Well, thats my two sense for now. See ya'll saturday.

Kimberly
July 20, 2011 10:15PM
kingram6708 Wrote:
> as far as what tee's to play, if advanced is going
> to be the middle grounds between am and pro then
> the courses should be considered. Short courses
> like in FWB the pro tee's are very reasonable.
> Courses like cottage hill and muni in mobile I
> think we should be moved from the short tee's to
> the regular tee's before being pushed all the way
> to the pro tee's.
>
> As far as prizes go, of course everyone wants
> prizes. Personally I'd rather have a plaque or
> something for bragging rights over randomly
> donated plastic. I keep winning disc I have no
> desire to play with.
>
> For me, more than the prizes its nice to just have
> a smooth run tournament with good competition. Its
> frustrating to start a match playing someone I
> can't touch, and then sometimes I feel bad playing
> against my mom (no offense mom. I love you and
> your awesome). There should be a way for us to
> more appropriately divide ourselves up. Hopefully
> with the third division we will see more ladies
> coming out especially new ladies now that they
> wont feel so overwhelmed playing their first
> tourny against women that have been playing almost
> as long as I've been alive. lol.
>
> Well, thats my two sense for now. See ya'll
> saturday.
>
> Kimberly
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicely said Baglady!!! lmao..... You better watch out, your moms sidearm is on fire........!! :)

Ronda Key
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013