Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

All Ladies!!!

Posted by Trackin01 
All Ladies!!!
August 11, 2011 03:41PM
Keychains has been doing a great job trying to promote the women of our sport and I feel has done an excellent job. This is one aspect of our sport that doesn't seem to be recognized enough and I for one would like to be a part of it. I would like to do something for women and help this promotion.

Here is a new forum that Keychains has created which I do appreciate. Women

I am open for ideas for future progress. Let me start with this:

I am thinking about creating a woman only event here in Arkansas (I know it may be far away from some of you) but it is an idea to bring out the awareness of Disc Golf Women. I don't know exactly when I can host the event, but I want to raise money for it and have a payout worth a womans drive to the competition to at least pay for her expenses (Professional Women of Course). As for the Amateur Women, lets get them involved. I cannot get my wife involved at all, but hopefully she will. We do have a 4yr old son which thankfully she takes care of when I am out hosting an event. So she does support me in every way possible there.

Thanks

Doug
Re: All Ladies!!!
August 11, 2011 04:44PM
Where at in Arkansas? If you host it my gf will probably go. If she goes, i can come and help.
August 11, 2011 05:08PM
Dustin-

That depends on how big I can make it. Burns Park in North Little Rock is the typical place to have it for me. For closeness.
Where are you from? It already sounds good to have players interested.
August 11, 2011 10:00PM
Thank-you Doug! TK and myself have been working very hard to get more women in our sport! Our local club (PDGC) in Fort Walton Beach,Fl went from 0 to 9 women members since March! We also have juniors playing, one of which is Sydney, Tk's daughter, my niece. Shes the BOMB! She only 10 and competes with us. I know that doesnt sound like alot, but with disc golf being fairly new here, we think its great. We have a handful of other ladies playing, they just havent joined the PDGC yet! Still working on that!

As for a women only event, I'm all for that and will help anyway that I can. I too would like to host one someday.
Look forward to more from the NPC TOUR!

Thank-you again

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
Team KeyChains/PDGC President
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
August 11, 2011 11:34PM
im from the memphis area. Could think about a mixed doubles tourny to....might bring more players into tournament play b/c they get to play with their boy friend/husband. Anywhere sounds nice, just dont have it on a course that has 1000 foot holes would probably be more prefered. (not saying women can't bomb) but to help the new players enjoy the tournament experience it would be nice for them to have better rounds.
August 12, 2011 01:42PM
I second what my sister has said!!

We are trying our hardest here in the Florida Panhandle to get more ladies and juniors playing!! I would be up for a road trip to Arkansas for a ladies tourney!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
August 12, 2011 05:12PM
Doug,it seems october would be perfect to host an all woman event,thus tying it in with breast cancer awareness month.I know robbie harris expressed doing an event such as this last year.You may wanna get with him and yall can share some ideas on an event such as this.Once again GOOD LUCK with another great event you are planning for disc golf players around the south!!!! I can see it now,pink shirts,pink discs etc in the 1st annual PAINT THE PARK PINK event.just a thought bro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2011 05:16PM by Scottyd.
August 12, 2011 05:30PM
LOL that is a great idea. The suck part for me is, October is a very perfect time to host one, but such a short notice. Plus I am already hosting 3 events Back, to Back, to Back! Ouchie!!!! October 8, 2011 (Diamond State Disc Golf Doubles) here at Burns Park (not on the schedule yet), Followed by Jonesboro (Battle at the Boro) the club has asked me to host the event October 15, 2011, and the Cub Scouts of America is coming to little rock and camping for 3 days at Hindman Park and they asked me to host a major Disc Golf Event there for them. Thats 200 Juniors to introduce disc golf to. Then I get to take a few weeks off and get prepared for the NPC Last Chance Qualifier November 12, 2011 in Hot Springs, AR.

Talk about being busy. September is out for me with my Son's birthday followed by his cousins birthday the next weekend. Ouchie again! LOL

But you never know, I am one who is quick to jump on great ideas and move forward with it.
Thanks for the info though. I am all about the breast cancer awareness.

Scottyd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doug,it seems october would be perfect to host an
> all woman event,thus tying it in with breast
> cancer awareness month.I know robbie harris
> expressed doing an event such as this last
> year.You may wanna get with him and yall can share
> some ideas on an event such as this.Once again
> GOOD LUCK with another great event you are
> planning for disc golf players around the
> south!!!! I can see it now,pink shirts,pink discs
> etc in the 1st annual PAINT THE PARK PINK
> event.just a thought bro
August 12, 2011 05:41PM
No better time than the present bro to start planning for this event to take place next october,maybe even have a few smaller tournys throughout the year around the south east region and raise even more sponsers and money for the grand finale in burns park each october starting in 2012...
August 12, 2011 05:50PM
Scottyd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No better time than the present bro to start
> planning for this event to take place next
> october,maybe even have a few smaller tournys
> throughout the year around the south east region
> and raise even more sponsers and money for the
> grand finale in burns park each october starting
> in 2012...

Here is the best news..........I have been working with the North Little Rock Visitors Bureau for years now and have created a good relationship with them that they called me today asking about the Texas Womens Championship that Vinnie Miller runs. They have officially asked me to see if I can host an event here in Arkansas. I will be putting a bid in for additional money in October and find out if they will give me money. At this rate with them calling me, I won't have a problem. I will get nearly $1000-$2000 for the event. That will have to be used only for players packs and trophies though. But Looks like everyone will get a nice pack and great merchandise to go home with!
February 14, 2012 03:04PM
Good News! I just received the notice that the city of North Little Rock has awarded me $500 to put towards a Womens Only tournament! Sometime this summer I will put together the event and make it happen. Not sure about any details but I am open to suggestions.
Hot Stamp disc's will be purchased. I am curious to know about colors of the discs? Any women opposed to an all pink batch of hot stamps to choose from? Either a white disc with a pink stamp or a pink disc with either purple or white stamps. Just curious.
February 14, 2012 03:06PM
the brighter the disc the better.... so I can find it, lol ; )

Great news!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
February 15, 2012 09:43AM
Pink..........? lol
June 13, 2012 10:25AM
Yea....not all women are crazy about pink. My wife has a few pink discs but to her that's enough because she doesn't want to have too much pink. She is just one woman though.
December 17, 2013 12:58AM
Wow, it sounds really interesting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013