Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Advanced Division at YOUR 2013 SNDC

Posted by jacques 
Advanced Division at YOUR 2013 SNDC
October 12, 2012 11:13PM
Ladies, please help us gauge the interest in an Advanced Women's division at next year's SNDC in Lafayette.

I know it is a long time from now, but we have two main reasons for needing to know which divisions to plan for.

First off, we are doing a rewards program in which players have the opportunity to win their entry fees plus players packs at next year's SNDC by winning their division at different tournaments throughout this season. I would like to know if we need to add an Advanced Women's division to the list.

Also, Keith Bodin is putting together an over-the-top skills competition which he is planning to run like a "tournament within a tournament". He wants to run this competition by divisions and I know he wants to know which divisions to plan for.

Look forward to hearing from y'all.
Re: Advanced Division at YOUR 2013 SNDC
October 17, 2012 11:24PM
**crickets chirping**

We really want to have some feedback from actual female players on this.
October 21, 2012 07:30AM
Jacques,

There will be a lot of women at the Howler. I'll make sure they visit this post. I hope there is enough interest. I have seen a growth in Women's golf and this would be a big win if there will be enough teams.

Thank you!

Lynn
October 29, 2012 09:18PM
Trying to drum up some interest over this way. I would say we have at least 6-8 women (3-4 teams) from the Panhandle that will be ready to move to Adv by next Summer, it will come down to everyones schedules. I'm can be relentless in pushing them to do things they aren't sure about, so far, they are cooperating ;-)
October 30, 2012 04:39AM
Lynn & Dee Dee, thanks for the responses.

There is a thread about half way down this page in which it is clear that there is definitely support for the concept of an Advanced Women's division.

I would love to offer it at the tournament and include it in the "win your entry fee" program, provided there is the potential for enough participation to have an actual competition.

Ladies, if I get a few more replies on this topic that indicate it will be feasible, we WILL offer Advanced Women at YOUR 2013 SNDC.
October 30, 2012 06:24AM
My name is Zack Hudson and I am running the SNAC next year in Tupelo, Ms. Was also wondering about the ADV women division. We are going to be giving out unique trophies for this event and dont want to to waste the cost if we are not going to have at least 3 of ya
October 30, 2012 08:06AM
Zack,

If that is the case for SNAC, we need to establish it quickly and start breaking out the points. Last year the Adv and Am points all counted under the AM division. I think once that occurs, more women will step up out of Am to play Adv. It may be something that needs to be heavily promoted prior to next June 1 when the SN season starts. Another way to encourage the AM women to break out into the Adv field is to give better incentives (prizes) for the Adv vs the Am. Right now, the ladies look at which division has the larger field of women at each tournament and think the prizes will be based on number of participants. Can't really blame them. I offer these suggestions from conversations that I've heard amongst all of the ladies. The good news is, we are attracting some great lady players, we need the stepping stones to keep encouraging new players and to challenge those that learn quickly.

Thanks for recognizing this, we need your help and support....looking forward to caddying for someone at SNAC in 2013 :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 08:10AM by DeeDee F.
October 30, 2012 12:48PM
Dee Dee, we are trying to get it broken into separate divisions, however we are on hold until we can get in touch with the webmaster.
November 06, 2012 01:21PM
Heres the link where I started trying to do this a year ago. Problem was no one wanted to move up to Adv Wm. cause they received more points playing in the Ams. Their was a lot of women wanting to get out of the Ams so they just moved to Pro to get out of Ams.

Adv. Wm Thread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
Team KeyChains/PDGC President
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
November 07, 2012 12:42AM
Ronda, I read the thread and I understand that most female players support the idea of an Advanced Women's division.

I support ANYdivision that the players want to play in - male, female, age restricted, etc.

This was more of a survey to see if players who are actually planning to attend next year's SNDC want an Advanced Women's division to be offered.

If they do, then I will plan for it and add it to the "win your entry fee" contest that we are doing. I will also ask Keith to plan for it as well since he is organizing the field events & plans to run them by division. As Zack commented, we are also planning to have some outstanding custom trophies for all of the divisions and it would help to know what we need well in advance of the tournament.
November 07, 2012 08:26AM
I think and thank, you for even considering an Adv Wm division in the SNDC this year. It's people like you who keep trying to move our sport forward for all genders and ages. I posted the link so that you would know who most of the ladies were in case you hadn't read it. Thank you for doing what you do!
March 12, 2013 10:56AM
Ladies, If there is an interest for an ADV women's field at the 2013 SNAC please post in this thread. as it stands now the Int and ADV womens points are still one in the same. As we get closer to June 1st, I will need to know who and how to invite as far as these 2 divisions go. Thank you
March 21, 2013 12:27PM
I'd say just stick with Am/Pro Divisions...not sure we will have enough going to justify the expense of another trophy. I know one of our ladies is going to Worlds that week. Thanks for thinking of the gals, someday we will have enough to field 3-4 different divisions, just not this year :-(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ , Logan
Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013