Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Next Tournament

Posted by Icewoman 
Re: Next Tournament
April 04, 2008 10:36AM
Welcome, Cat!
The Memphis tournament is by far the best choice! If you are not already hooked, you will be after that tournament! See you there!
Leslie Easterling
April 04, 2008 11:41AM
Hey Leslie, do you know how to get in touch with Megan Ford..We're gonna try and stay with her for bud hill...

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
April 04, 2008 02:02PM
Actually no! Let me check with Zach. We have other numbers in Memphis, so maybe they might no! See ya soon!
Leslie E.
April 17, 2008 08:06AM
I'm thinking about heading to Baton Rouge for the Cajun Classic June 14th. Anyone planning to go?

Emily
April 17, 2008 09:12AM
hey ladies. does anyone know of any cheap places to stay in memphis. my friend and i are entering the dogwood classic (our first tourney! yay!!!) and we just realized that we are low on funds and without lodging. i've heard about the campgrounds. are there public showers?
April 17, 2008 10:19AM
You can camp at Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park. There are two disc golf courses there (East and West) that you will be playing during the tournament and it's not too far from Bud Hill. They offer tent and RV camping, and yes, they do have hot showers.
April 17, 2008 11:04AM
oh wow. that sounds like fun! thanks for the info. the only thing i was really worried about was the shower thing. as long as i can take one, i don't care where i sleep. :)

i do hope bud hill isn't still flooded by the time that the tournament rolls around. i'm so looking forward to playing that course.

***by the way...i think i'm too excited about this. :) :)
April 17, 2008 11:21AM
I don't think it's possible to be too excited. That's part of the fun of it all. I've played well over 100 tournaments and I still get excited every time.

I also like to do something new each time I go to a tournament...a restaurant I haven't been to...or something new to me. In fact, this weekend, I'll be down in Corpus Christi playing and I'm already packed and I've looked up some restaurants that look amazing.

Good Luck in your first tournament!
April 17, 2008 01:53PM
LA/TX golfer
I'm thinking about heading to Baton Rouge for the Cajun Classic June 14th. Anyone planning to go?

Emily

JTP and I will be up for that one. We have a convention the next weekend in Branson so will be out of town that weekend but the 14th is a go for us.
April 17, 2008 02:44PM
I know what you mean about the shower! I have to have my shower! We spend Friday night and Saturday night hanging out at the hill, but then we wonder back to Meeman for our "DOWN TIME". Like Emily said, the excitment never goes away! That's what keeps you coming back for more !)

Leslie E.
April 17, 2008 03:24PM
Emily, I'll be here for the Cajun Classic. You need to bring some of them pro master women with you, where's De'Atra and Andi at? Give me a holla when you decide for sure, we need to get together.

Leslie, I know this is really late, but congrats on your new house, that is great! Hope you guys are enjoying it. Are you coming to the Smackdown? We need all the help we can get to bring that @#$%& Snap girl down! :)

Wish we could make it to Bud Hill this year, unfortunately, it's not gonna happen, and they have a bunch of pro master women up there, bummer. Ya'll have fun for me!
April 18, 2008 08:25AM
Robin,
You and the other ladies are going to have to kick her @$$ !) Lay that SMACKDOWN! You know this smack talk is hard for me! It's just too much fun! That's too bad about missing the HILL, your right they always have a stacked Masters division!

AND, the house is coming along. One great thing is we have a huge backyard for putting and playing around in. That was a major plus for this house! Also, starting in June or July, a 9 hole course is being built a couple blocks up the road from us! It just keeps getting better!

See you at the next one!
Leslie E.
April 18, 2008 09:31AM
Glad you're enjoying your new house. The yard and new course sounds sweet!

Sorry you won't be at the Smackdown, but keep talkin that smack for us! Hopefully, we'll cross paths again soon.

Take care.
April 18, 2008 09:24PM
Robin,

You and I can talk smack with the best of 'em. JTP calls us Dexettes!!!!!

LYMI!

Cat

Forever BOB
WDGA #106
April 18, 2008 11:36PM
No!!!...I'm not going down....No..not this time

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
April 26, 2008 05:54PM
ok ladies. it's official. my friend and i are registered for the dogwood classic!! her name is rachel brower and my name is gretta williams. come talk to us if you see us. we'll be the ones asking all of the questions and trying to figure out where the baskets are.

:)
April 27, 2008 11:01AM
Good luck to you ladies! I know you'll both have a blast!
Leslie E.
April 28, 2008 11:33AM
I am not sure my next tournament. I just got a job last week and so my disc golf days will be severely limited.

Good luck at the HIll and every place else everybody is going. I am not making the Hill this year because of work. My hubby and son will be there though and hopefully can take some pics and video.

I guess my next tournament will either be a local one here or the SNAC championships. I am planning on playing in that one.

See you later on the golf course.

Beth
April 28, 2008 07:30PM
Hey Icewoman, you mean we might finally get to meet? I will be playing the SNAC also. Sounds like a great time.

Been missing your posts on the WDGA forum. I think we are down to two, maybe three women posting and that's it.

Cat (Menoux)
May 05, 2008 06:50AM
This weekend was so much fun!! I must say that I absolutely LOVE Bud Hill. How does one pack so much fun in just one weekend?? THe disc golf community is amazing and I wish I had known about ya'll years ago.

Oh....Thank you, Michelle, for finding my teebird. I thought it was gone for sure.

-Gretta
May 07, 2008 12:39PM
Hey Cat...with all these websites I forget to get over to that board. I need to check over there. I go to the PDGA, SN, Discgolfers r us, huntsville board, birmingham board so they all sorta get lost in there. I will have to get back over there.

I look forward to seeing you in Pensacola.
May 07, 2008 04:28PM
I know how it is about forgetting. Just wait till you turn 40. It's all downhill from there.

Just kidding. Thanks for the message back. Hope to get to the course soon. I hate living so far away from a course. Take care.
May 07, 2008 04:43PM
*whispers* shhhh but I am 42...thanks am on the downhill spiral.

that is why I run tournaments and help out more than play...
May 09, 2008 09:31PM
OOPS!!! Forgive me. You don't look 40, let alone 42.
May 14, 2008 08:30PM
Bayou Bogey anyone?

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
May 14, 2008 08:37PM
Maybe, Citronelle Safari???

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
May 15, 2008 10:59AM
I haven't played since the Smackdown. I have been busy working, and the one weekend I was off, my best friend got married.
May 16, 2008 05:02PM
Been trying to talk JTP into the Citronelle. Gas prices are horrid, as we all are fully aware. Will be playing Lafayette for sure, even if JTP can't play, I will be there. Have to find me some bells.

M.
May 19, 2008 05:42AM
Well, There were 7 am women in Citronelle, no Pro..But what a great turnout for women.

Looks like Lafayette will be next, then Highland...So Cat, I will get my fix soon...lol

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
May 20, 2008 11:07AM
So you telling me you are fixing to come over here and play over here on this side of the river? OMG, whatever!!! Just kidding. Hope to see you soon. I miss you and your honey too. I need a Snap fix pretty quick myself.

Been playing pretty lousy during league lately. Robin's been whooping me hard and long...:) I need to move closer to a course. I wish JTP would come home and tell me our work here is done and we are to move on!!!! First order of business when he does is "where's the next course?".

Can't wait till ya'll get here!!

Forever BOB
WDGA #106
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013