Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Next Tournament

Posted by Icewoman 
Re: Next Tournament
January 10, 2008 09:50AM

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
January 13, 2008 04:33PM
Hey Snap and all the other pro ladies,
We need to keep this thread going! Well between work and trying to buy a home, we have managed to get a few rounds in here and there! Zach gets more practice in winter (owns lawncare company), and of course the summers are perfect for me (no school). But, we plan to make the Tishimingo, Florence, Athens, and Hartselle Ice Bowls. Then we are going to start the year off with Tishimingo Spring Tournament and the Florence Spring-Fling. The bigger ones this year are Lee Naquin, Dogwood Classic, The Rocket City Supertour (The Blast), The Big Bad Wolfe, Showdown at Redstone,Women's Nationals (HUNTSVILLE in OCTOBER), SNPC in Arkansas,possiblly Bowling Green Open and we haven't decided on Halloween yet (Mobile or Bowling Green?). I want to play in Mobile and Zach loves Bowling Green.

These are the ones we plan to make. Of course, things happen and we might not could make one, but as of right now these are the ones we don't want to miss. With a few here and there that we will hit along the way!

Where do you plan to play in 2008?
Leslie E.
January 13, 2008 04:49PM
CORRECTION:

Women's National Champtionship in Huntsville, AL
September 19-21, 2008

No excuses!!! I have room for people to stay, and I know of other ladies that do, too! So, Snap, Robin, Emily, Lori, Miki, Candy, and whoever else would like to stay!!! Giving you a heads up, so you can start making plans now!

Leslie E.
January 14, 2008 05:48AM
Put me down!!! For sure..me and scott are planning this one...

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
January 14, 2008 08:48AM
Is anyone going to the Pot of Gold tournament in New Orleans? I'm kind of on the fence about driving 5 hours for a 1-day to be the only one in the division, but if anyone else is playing, I could be swayed.

I've got Z-Boaz (Dallas) in February and Texas States (Houston) in April.

I'm going to Texas Women's Championships in April, SNPC, USWDGC's, and possibly the NT in Tulsa in May, not to mention the large number of tournaments in Texas this year. I will post more as I find out.

Take care,
Emily
January 14, 2008 12:48PM
Emily, I'm going to the Pot of Gold..Robin, and Connie will most likely be there, and I'm goning to try and bring a couple ladies from "Mob Town"

Soooo see ya there..

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
January 14, 2008 04:48PM
I wish I could make that one! Just too far for funds! You ladies rip it up!

leslie e.

I'm counting you in SNAP! I still will have room for another lady or couple?!?!
January 31, 2008 01:21PM
March 06, 2008 12:23PM
I won't end up making it to NO after all. Catch you girls at the next one.

Emily
March 17, 2008 09:51AM
Yo, Em...

You missed it, let me tell you!!! The for people from down here who think 15-20 mph breezes are called wind, it was horrible. There were 25mph winds with 40mph gusts. It ripped up even the best players I think. It was terribly because it was coming off the lake and doing this swhirly thing. I mean you would get to the tee box and it would be a side wind or a tail wind and by the time you had your disc in your hand headed to the tee box it was a head wind. I mean there was no rhyme nor reason to it. I'm from KS and am used to playing in the wind and it tore me up. Wish I could have met you. Will have to see what happens. TX Womens Champs and Huntsville are out. We have plans to be in KS that week.

Take care.....Cat
March 17, 2008 04:34PM
We'll miss you at TWC Cat, and have fun in Kansas.
March 20, 2008 09:22PM
Smackdown...April 26 2008, Mobile Al...Be there

as of right now there's a 50$ bounty on me sooooo BRING IT ON..smack smack

And as for the Pot Of Gold...That was CRAZY!!! and after our first 4 hour round of 24 holes with 40mph tornado winds...2nd round it was dead...no wind at all. so just when you somewhat figure the wind out....it all changes grrr.

But I had a blast, and emily, sure missed ya. You should try and make it back to Mobile. You know you have a place to stay...

Cat it was great to meet your family..and Joe I will get ya next time.

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 09:28PM by Snap.
March 25, 2008 08:32AM
Snap....Sent you a PM. My young'uns were quite impressed the way they were treated by everyone. Southern hospitality at its best, truly.

Joe says "you da wo'man". He loved playing with both you and Robin.

C
March 27, 2008 06:55AM
Okay..where is your next tourny..

I'll be in P-Cola next weekend Blue Angel
April 26 Smackdown in mobile....50$ bounty on me...Come get you some
Maybe April Fools in Tupelo on April 12 if not We'll be in Baton Rouge Greenwood

Where will you be next...

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
March 27, 2008 07:58AM
My month is booked already with tournaments. This weekend it's Gonzales, TX. Then April I will be at TX States (Houston area), then Conroe, TX, then Corpus Christi, TX, and finally Texas Women's Championships (Austin area). I haven't completely worked out my schedule for the summer months, but in May I'm going to Tulsa for the GTO.

You ladies should come check out Texas, there's always a tournament somewhere and for the most part there are 3+ ladies per division.
March 27, 2008 08:39PM
I wish my month was booked with tournaments! I will be lucky to get out and golf during the week. We just closed on a house today, and I have a feeling I will be very busy for the next few weeks. We are debating the smackdown, but it depends on the funds. We want to make it to the tourney in Wall Doxey, and we will be definitely be at the Dogwood Classic. I don't think we've missed that one since I've started playing!

Remember keep your calendar open for the Women's Nationals in Huntsville! We have at least two rooms and then some!

Leslie E.
March 28, 2008 11:54AM
Congrats on your new home!!..We will be in one of those rooms for sure, you know that is my birthday weekend...whootie Whoooo

I hope all of us SN ladies come out and show our support...for the USWDGC!!

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
March 29, 2008 08:43AM
Suemac...sorry we will miss you too. Snap, I think my next tournament (if you were asking me) is the Spring Fling in Lafayette if finances say so. Then nothing until after we get back from Kansas.

Lesliez...congrats on your new home. That is so exciting. I remember when Joe the Pro and I bought our home in KS. Busy, busy, busy.

Take care to all of you.
April 02, 2008 03:24PM
hello. i'm new to disc golf. i've been playing for about a year but i'm still not that great. i was wondering if any of you ladies could tell me what a good tournament would be for my first tournament.

thanks.
April 02, 2008 03:29PM
Can you give us an area that you live close to? Mobile, Baton Rouge, Memphis.... I don't want to recommend something too far away.
April 02, 2008 03:30PM
Oh, and WELCOME!!!!
April 02, 2008 03:32PM
thank you, Judy!!

i actually live in cleveland, ms. there's another girl here that i play with and we're about on the same level but we want to play anyway.
April 02, 2008 03:45PM
If you have the time for a 2-day tournament the one in Memphis the first weekend in May is always a fun time. Plus, they usually have a good turn out of women. Just about any tournament you can find on the SN schedule will show you a good time. Just click on the word "Schedule at the very top left corner of the page just below Southern Nationals and that will show you everything that is coming up.

I live in Hattiesburg and have been out of playing disc golf for almost a year because I had a baby. It's starting to get warm outside and I'm itching to go play again. Hope to have a chance to meet you some time.

Judy
April 02, 2008 03:51PM
thank you, Judy, for all of your help. i have one more question. which category should i enter? i think novice, but someone else said that i should enter intermediate. what do you think?

and i hope to meet you too. :)
April 02, 2008 04:17PM
I would say intermediate (or Amateur Women is how most Southern Nationals tournaments will list it) just to make sure you get to play with the other women. If you play novice you'll be put with the other novice players regardless of gender.

You'll find the Am Women's ranks are varied from brand new beginners that have a few of their boyfriend's hand-me-down discs to those that have been playing for years and just don't have the confidence to step up to the next division. We all shank drives, bonk putts and have a good time while doing it!
April 02, 2008 04:21PM
Cat,

Even though it's still far away, I would definately encourage you to check out the U.S. Women's Disc Golf Championship (USWDGC's) Sept 19th-21st in Huntsville, AL. The last several years, it has been held in Peoria, IL, and it always proves to be a great time. There is a great women's turn-out and you get the chance to meet so many female golfers.

You might want to try to go to a tournament before then. As Judy suggested, the Memphis tournament (Dogwood Classic 5/3-5/4) is great...definately a quality event.

As far as the division you should play in...that's another story. Novice is one option, however, many times there aren't enough ladies to fill both novice and intermediate, so they form one division. I would think about playing intermediate women. Once you play your first tournament, you'll be able to better judge where you should play and most importantly where you feel comfortable playing.

Welcome to Disc Golf, come check out these Texas courses if you get a chance. We have the Texas Women's Championships April 29th and 30th. It is always a great event. Vinnie and Ed sure know how to take care of the ladies.

Best Wishes,
Emily Lawrence
PDGA #25546
April 02, 2008 04:35PM
thank you ladies for all of your help and your warm welcomes. ya'll have been very helpful. ya'll have gotten me really excited about women's disc golf! i can't wait to get out there and meet some of ya'll!! :)

judy, you make me feel a lot better about my game. haha. i think i'm going to do the dogwood classic too. i'm going to tell my friend about it too. i know she'll be excited.

thanks again. :)
April 02, 2008 09:11PM
Hey cat_g, welcome to the SN!!! Another lady golfer..this is great. Where exactly is it that you live? I am not familiar with MS, I have only been in the deep south for a year.

Baton Rouge is having a tournament next Saturday. It's called the Greenwood Open and there will be three or four of us women who will be there. Come play with us. We will help you anyway we can. There are usually some who drive over from the Mobile area, maybe you can split the gas with somebody. There should be a thread on the general discussion about it and you could post a request to share driving. I have opened my livingroom floor a time or two before to women and married couples who need a place to crash if you drive over by yourself and want to come over Friday evening rather than early Saturday.

Again, Welcome!!!

Cat

Forever BOB
WDGA #106

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2008 09:12PM by Joe the Pro & Cat.
April 03, 2008 09:15AM
Thanks for the offer Cat, but I can't go this weekend. i'm so broke. however, my friend and i have decided that we're going to play in the tournament in memphis on 5/3-5/4. we're so excited!! i hope that you will be there too.

i actually live in cleveland, ms, which is about an hour south of memphis. you should come up here and play sometime for fun. we have a couple of courses and a couple of people that i know are really trying to push the delta into being a great spot for disc golfing in mississippi. there are 3 or 4 courses around here within an hour of each other.

just message me if you're ever in the area. my friend and i are the only lady disc golfers we know.
April 03, 2008 09:46AM
Welcome to SN..disc golf capital!! I'm glad to see some more ladies getting envolved in competitive play. There are a lot of women that play rec., but think there not good enough to play in tourny....I say that's crap, I believe tourny's can only help you become a better golfer.

Happy to have you in our fun family!! Hope to meet you and your friend in Memphis...

I can't wait either

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013