Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Addie
Re: SNDG Am Championships
August 18, 2005 02:49PM
Yeah, whatever! If you are her coach we have nothing to worry about!

There's some smack!!
August 18, 2005 04:48PM
To you ladies that are camping, are ya'll camping at the Acadiana Campground right behind the park?
Have ya'll ever camped there?
Just wondering, I'm bringing my little camper and was just wondering. I've only seen the campground from the course, so I was just wondering what it was like. The guy I called said $13/night, so I didn't know what to think.
I don't know of any other campgrounds around, but if that's where ya'll are going then I'm sure I'll see ya'll around the campground. Should be a blast.
August 18, 2005 05:36PM
We are camping...yes I heard it is near the course...I have not been down there yet but I figure it is nice..

The guy I talked to said it would be $18 a night for electricity and water hookup...said that #1-4 are the nearest to the wash house...the gates are open 24 hours a day....

We will have a little pop up that is tan and a grey van....plan on being there in the early am (yawn!!!!!!)

Icey
August 18, 2005 07:37PM
Husbands are so cute when they try to be supportive. Don't let Jeff's parade of crap fool you (and lately he's been marching it all over the place). All I've done in the past two weeks is go on 3 job interviews and stress-out in between. Good news is I got a job in Columbus, MS designing steel structures. Guess that engineering degree will be put to some use after all. :)

See you guys this weekend. Try not to laugh too much at my feeble attempt to keep up. Looking forward to the addition of the guys in skirts. Hope they are long enough!!!! ;)
August 18, 2005 07:40PM
Oh and as for seeing everyone at the Pro Championships don't worry I'll be there. I've got my spot reserved just off the green on hole #1 of the new Spring Lake Links course. The kayak and a cooler of adult beverages will be keeping me cool while you guys are trudging around throwing and sweating your [insert gender appropriate body part here] off! Don't worry. I'll paddle over often enough (although probably not in a straight line) to tell you if your drive is wet or dry.
August 18, 2005 08:17PM
Tim, Gary, Mike and Don...how much do I have to pay you NOT to wear skirts! ;-P

The Campground is right off of Ace Run #12...the old #4. It is fairly small so I'm sure you'll "run into" each other. It is nice and shady and the bathrooms and showers are practically new.

Don't forget to check in on Saturday morning betweeen 8 & 9 so you can be the first in your block to get a super player package!

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]
[www.acadianadga.org]
[www.pipscause.org]
August 18, 2005 08:55PM
hhmmmm.....do I see a bidding war coming on? Cause I would pay to get to play with a bunch of guys trying to keep their nibbly's under cover while putting.

:)

August 18, 2005 09:11PM
SNDG AM TOURNAMENT REGISTRANTS

AM MEN

Bourg, Russell 135
Bourgeois, Jason 454
Burns, Jeff 300
Breaux, Don 101
Cox, Casey 98
Folmar, Steve 241
Hunt, David 207
Jaskolka, Chris 255
Lenox, Josh 247
Main, Justin K 106
Martin, Jeff 560
Martin, Jr., Jeff 96
Martin, Mike 287
Morgan, Joel 71
Odom, John P. 156
Orum, Blake 218
Prejean, Link 41
Robichaux, Nick 167
Sellers, John 4
Tomasko, Donald 215

AM WOMEN

Dickinson, Skye 8
Haydel, Judy 22
Lenox, Marla 3
Macaluso, Susan 2
Robichaux, Connie 21

AM MASTERS

Castille, John 34
Daniels, Pat 46
Faircloth, Mike 91
Hawk, George 43
Latiolais, Patrick J. 46
Nolan, Sam 22
Quebodeaux, Randy 25
Robichaux, David 55

ADVANCED MASTERS

Aymami, Ian 61
McVeay, Dale 60
Newton, Rodney 17
Oubre, Bryan J. 37
Vance, David L. 7

ADVANCED MEN

Adcock, Brad 346
Andrews, Chad 337
Augustin, Matt 62
Browning, Hanan 57
Dupre, Robert 89
Godley, Andrew 23
Hayde, Jeff 212
Hall, Phillip 216
Holmberg, Viktor 67
Irwin, Kevin 246
Legrand, Dwight 67
Zeringue, Terry 189
Addie
August 18, 2005 09:17PM
Judy, I think you're covering up something! LOL I bet you HAVE been practicing! :o)
August 19, 2005 07:13AM
Thanks for the info on the campground. I'll be pulling in around 12:30pm with my scamp. Then's it's nothing but throwing discs.
Any of you camping, feel free to come on by and introduce yourself. You can't miss the scamp, it looks like an egg with big fat upper lip, LOL.
August 19, 2005 09:20AM
Alright Judy, I got you Zapps Crawtators. I'll give them to ya when I see ya. Glad you are playing, now I won't have someone laughing at me when I throw. :O)

Terry Zeringue
August 19, 2005 09:51AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I think you're awesome no matter what the rest of the disc golf community says about you.

Trust me. I may not see you throw but I'm still laughing! :)

How can someone so short contain so much evil? Ok, gotta go file down my horns before Jeff lets me loose on the general public.

August 19, 2005 09:55AM
Yeah I've been practicing. My calculations! I haven't taken any structures classes in about 3 or 4 years. I've gotta remember how to do some serious math before I start on Monday.

I try to practice putting with Jeff in the backyard sometimes but it's so much more fun to play "defense" in front of the basket when Jeff putts than to work on my own game.

Let's just say my putting game may or may not be 'on' but Jeff's had better be cause that basket is gonna look huge without me standing in front of it swatting down his discs shouting "get that &#@% outta here!". :)
August 22, 2005 10:41AM
I just wanted to say that I had a great time this past weekend, and look forward to working some additional SN events into my caledar this coming year.

I do want to extend an invitation to all the wonderful ladies of SN, to come to Texas for The Texas Womens Championships, held the first weekend in April (I think) up in the Austin/Round Rock area.

We had 52 ladies attend last spring and expect bigger and even better things next time round. Ladies as far away as Chicago, Denver and the West Coast. So, let's get some of the fine Southern Ladies into the mix next time round.

Judy, I'll be calling to remind you!

Thanks again for such a great time.

Susan
August 22, 2005 12:03PM
Congrats Susan on your 3rd place win...it was nice to camp next to you..I knew that Judy and Marla would be tight...but did not know how tight they would be...

Thanks Judy for the first round making us laugh so hard...I enjoyed myself though I played horrible....see you next one.

Hats off to Marla for becoming Woman player of the year...you deserve it.

Beth
August 22, 2005 01:13PM
It was great meeting all of you and seeing how well you got along and played together.

In the midst of all that was going on and being given away, we forgot to give out a merchandise certificate to the lady with the lowest bag tag at the end of the tourney.

So, if whoever had the lowest tag after the final round will send me an e-mail to fotojoe@cox.net, we will find a way to get some kewl stuff sent to you. Include your address please.

Joe Todd
Public Relations Director and keeper of the cool water. ;-)
August 22, 2005 05:55PM
I think Marla had #3.....I had #4....so probably Marla....

Beth
August 22, 2005 07:05PM
I am hoping those that need to see this do. I am posting it here because I don't want it to get lost amongst the 12 threads people have started or taken over to @#$%& about stuff on the General Forum.

Jeff and I HAD A GREAT TIME. We were at Laffayette for the '04 LA States in October and the amount of work that has been done on those courses since then was obvious and hugely appreciated. The courses looked great and the amount of physical labor that had to go into them to get them looking that good (that was done in the South LA summer heat) was not lost on Team Haydel.

Thank you so much for the water on the courses. I drank several bottles and poured a few more over my head to survive the heat. I am positive we would have had more heat casualities without it. Good call.

The trophies were unique and very original. It's nice to see people not playing it safe with the typical wooden plaque everynow and then.

Thank you to the local ladies I had the chance to play with. You were gracious hostess and excellent tour guides. Just wish you hadn't let me discover so many chiggers! :)

Susan...I will DEFINATELY have to come play with you again. I don't know how soon that will be but it has to happen.

Keep playing ladies and don't forget to sing! "Trees they love me this I know........."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2005 07:05PM by Judy.
August 22, 2005 07:40PM
I had a wonderful time and had a blast playing with such great women!

Judy, as always, you cracked me up and made the tournament even better. Your song was funny but the "it's sweat, I promise" and "Aflac" conversations are still making me laugh. Too bad we didn't find any puddles. :-) Congrats on your win - you totally deserve it!

I also really enjoyed playing with Susan, Skye, Candi, & Sue - ya'll are all wonderful players and I look forward to playing with ya'll again soon!

I was (and still am) completely shocked about the Am Woman Player of the Year - thank you all so much! What an honor!

SNs Rock!
August 22, 2005 08:19PM
Well Marla I think you really deserved it...you have been a wonderful player...and have been to so many tournaments. We never hear you complain and you are a great example for the sport for ladies.

I was not surprised when you got it...I am sorry that I did not get to play with you...

Judy that song made me laugh so hard....guess I missed the other ones but am sure they were as funny as that song.

I had a great time though I did horrible. It was a long trip but I was happy to meet everybody.

Icey
August 22, 2005 09:28PM
Judy, that is the nicest post I've seen in a while...guess I need to read the ladies forums more often. ;-)

I will pass this on to our board as most of them don't read these forums at all.

btw, two of the girls sang your "Treesus song for me...I loved it! ;-)

And thank all of you lovely ladies for adding some style and grace to the Championship...you are all winners!

Joe T

August 23, 2005 03:11PM
Misterbogey,

That was exactly my hope. I knew a post over here wouldn't be seen by many but that it would eventually be seen. Glad to know you found it and I hope you do share it. I too know how much hard work goes on before the tournament starts and the people that do that work are rarely the people that get any recognition. Make sure that doesn't happen.

Glad you liked the song. It just came to me during the first round. Don't know why :) but it did. Next time you smack a tree sing it, you'll feel better.

Judy
August 23, 2005 06:05PM
I did pass it on...and we all appreciate it! ;-)

I am the only officer of the ADGA that comes on here on a regualar basis, but I do always read the ladies forums...
Addie
August 23, 2005 07:20PM
I read it!! Judy!! I wanna hear that song!! Sounds like we'll need to sing it at the SNPC!! :o) See ya soon!!
August 23, 2005 08:20PM
Addie...call me and I will tell you the song....

Icey

September 02, 2005 04:11PM
THANK YOU ADGC!!!!!!!!

My basket from the SNAC arrived yesterday. It was nice to have something to disctract me from the TV and get me outside.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 06, 2005 11:15AM
your welcome Judy

Psycho Don (Donald Tomasko)
SN board member
*previous owner of the Gnome*
Owner Psycho-Fish Disc Golf
dtomasko@psychofishdg.com
[www.psychofishdg.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013