Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Rocket City Blast
May 02, 2006 12:38PM
Thinking of going. Who will be there? Any pro women at this one? Snap, you should play. Congrats on the Smackdown and Citronelle.
candy
Re: Rocket City Blast
May 02, 2006 08:32PM
Yea we're thinking of going too. I've never played up there heard is was a beautiful four courses. Thank you about this weekend, Smackdown was by far the best tourny I've ever played, it was awesome! And to be able to partner with 2nd World Pro and play for skins was priceless...not as priceless as me falling in a 4 foot water hole..LMAO To bad you missed that one. Any other women comming to the Blast?? Ams, and Pro's...Any chance of an advanced womens division??

Michelle "Snap"
May 02, 2006 09:05PM
The finals were really cool. I am thinking Marla plays advanced and she is from Huntsville. Marla, are you out there? Give us the scoop!
May 03, 2006 10:42AM
I will be there probably playing Am Women. most likely Marla and Karen will play advanced women. Not sure about Addie she is local Pro Woman but she is running the tournament I think. Not sure who else is playing. I think Ginger Tannock will be playing amateur too.

Beth
May 03, 2006 11:35AM
Thanks Beth.
candy
lz
May 03, 2006 12:25PM
I know that I will be there playing Pro Women, since it is my hometown! I won the advanced division last year, so I have some shoes to fill this time!
So I know that there will be at least one women playing Pro.

MORE PRO WOMEN PLAYING?

The courses are truly some of the most beautiful courses around!

See you all soon!
Leslie Zurowski
May 03, 2006 02:09PM
Yeah Leslie...I know you will have fun (And I will have a better chance) in Pro.
May 03, 2006 08:41PM
This is the most awesome tournament!! The courses are great (although I may be a bit biased). There is a mixture of about everything - short and wooded (Brahn), long and wooded (Mastin), long and open w/two water holes (UAH), and long and fairly open (Redstone).

I'll be playing Advanced Women. Karen has been playing Am Men a lot lately so I don't know what she'll play. I'm hoping Shannon and Judy will make the trip up as well.

Can't wait to see you...we'll have a BLAST!!
May 04, 2006 03:58PM
Looks like I'm getting screwed out of getting to play in this one too. My oldest brother and his family that live in Virginia will be making their annual trip down to Mississippi the weekend of the Blast.

I will vouch for the courses at this tournament. They all have good things to offer and are each fun to play in their own way. Just watch out for those stinkng ALABAMA BASKETS!

Ya'll have fun. I'll let you know if anything looks like it's going to change with our plans.

Judy
May 04, 2006 10:45PM
Where's the best place to stay around there. How far apart are the four courses? Me and my husband are coming, and this will be a first. I can't wait, i've heard this is a great tourny. Just looking for a place to stay.
Thanks,
Michelle "Snap"
(Mobile)
May 08, 2006 07:35AM
I believe all four courses aren within 15 minutes of each other. It's great!

Karen J.
May 08, 2006 10:00AM
Sorry sbout the mistake.

I believe all four courses ARE within 15 minutes
of each other. It's great!

Karen J.
lz
May 08, 2006 10:59AM
Snap,
I believe if you are looking for a hotel near all four courses, then your best bet is to check for one on University Drive (Highway 72). It is basically right in the middle of all four courses with lots of food and multiple hotel options. I hope this is a little helpful!

See You Soon,
Leslie
May 10, 2006 07:32PM
Try our host hotel, too!!!

Country Inn & Suites
1-800-456-4000
1-256-837-4070

Suites sleep 6

$80/night...(Average $15/person/night with 6 in a room!!)

MENTION: The Rocket City Blast to receive this rate!!

Amenities
*VERY SPACIOUS!!!!!!
*Kitchen area with microwave, fridge, full sink and table
*Living area with sleeper sofa
*Seperate bedroom (Two Doubles or One King available)
*Private balcony/patio
*Free wireless Internet access
*Hot tub and sauna
*Fitness room
*Outdoor pool
*On site laundry room
*Restaurant/Lounge
*Free breakfast (hot and cold items)

Activities
*Player Check-In at Host Hotel Friday from 3:00PM-9:00PM
*Player's Party in Restaurant/Lounge Saturday night from 6:00PM-9:00PM

Hope everyone can stay for Athen's Memorial Day Doubles on Monday!

Two SN events!! One weekend!! Double points!!! Last events of the season!!!!

Hope you all can make it. Me playing depends on the turnout so we'll have to see. Just saw this thread so sorry I'm late chiming in!! :o(

~Addie
May 25, 2006 02:34PM
Whoohoo!! Shannon Simmons will be coming to the Blast as will Ginger Tannock and Beth Corey.

This should be a great tournament! Candy & Snap - are ya'll still planning to come up?
May 26, 2006 07:52AM
I won't be there, my husband and I are going to Lafayette's Bayou Bogey. We just couldn't get the money together for the two day tourny. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you, Guess i'll have to wait for SN. See ya'll there

Michelle "Snap"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013