Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Advanced division at SN championships

Posted by shane 
Advanced division at SN championships
May 31, 2006 08:05PM
Post here if you are playing in the Advanced Women's division at the SNPC. I believe that it is being offered as long as there will be three women there. I have already talked to at least three ladies who said that they would attend. Lets make this happen and help to grow the number of women who are playing.

Shane
Re: Advanced division at SN championships
May 31, 2006 09:27PM
I'll play Advanced...Michelle Cartwright..."Snap" Who else wanted to play advanced??
June 01, 2006 01:24PM
I would definately like to play in an Advanced Women's division if offered. Marla where y'at? I'm dragging you into this one too if you'll let me.
June 01, 2006 02:24PM
I think Bj, and Janis might play advanced. We should have a good bit of ladies wanting to play advanced, hope we can...*wink*

Snap
June 01, 2006 02:47PM
NOoooooo!! I only want 3 women to be willing to play the Advanced Women's division at the SNC! That way I will definately have 3rd place wrapped up. If you start talking other women into playing that means I'm going to have to practice and stuff if I want even a shot at 3rd!

If it wasn't obvious, I was COMPLETELY kidding. It would be awesome if the first time this division was offered we had a good showing. It might convince more TD's to offer the division throughout the year instead at just this one tourny.

You keep talking the ladies up on your end and I'll see what I can do up here!

Judy
June 01, 2006 07:16PM
I'll definately play advanced. Shannon Simmons will probably play Advanced, too.

I'll talk it up around Huntsville and see if I can round up some ladies.

Whoohoo!
Marla
June 01, 2006 08:06PM
I'll play Adv, as long as I can be in Judy's group. ;O)

Terry Zeringue
June 04, 2006 01:07PM
if i keep all this practicing up and lay off the dang tourneys this summer i'm going to play advanced as well. bring it on ladies, i've been practicing.

love
skye

p.s. i agree with judy, with only 3 then i stand a chance!! ha ha
June 04, 2006 02:21PM
SWEET! An advanced ladies division complete with smack-talk!?

Can this year's tournament get much better?

I think I'd better get off the couch and see if I can remember how to putt .......and approach........and drive.
June 05, 2006 06:19PM
judy,

I agree with you again my friend. If i could just learn how to throw that thing they call a disc, i might be in good shape. Ladies bring your a game..... well only if i bring mine. On other hand ladies bring your b game. Ha Ha.

Skye
June 05, 2006 10:29PM
I am glad to see the discussion. I just wanted to let the host TD know that the division would be representin'. Go girls!

Shane
July 01, 2006 03:26PM
Chris have you put any more thought into the possibility of an Advanced Women's division at the SNC's? I ask because I believe that Judy and I will be in Mobile on Jul 2nd and 3rd to practice and she will need to know what tees to practice.

Which brings up the question of will Advanced Women play the same courses/tees/baskets as Advanced Men or the same as the Amateur Men. I have seen it done both ways.

Jeff H
July 06, 2006 01:32PM
I have had a lot of feedback from the women who want to play Advanced but have heard next to nothing from women who might play Amateur ... will we have enough to make two separate divisions?
October 29, 2007 10:56AM
I know this hasn't been commented on since July but I just got here...sorry. Anyway, I think an Advanced Women's division would be a great asset to the SN. That is the way they do it "up north" and it works well. But then again, I haven't played a tournament up there where there were Pro Women in attendance. I never played the big ones like the KC Wide Open or the Glass Blown in Emporia but the local tournaments had absolutely no Open Women play so there. Basically there were two classes...Advanced Women and Intermediate Women. Seemed to work well. Sorry for rambling...just putting my two cents worth in.

Forever BOB
WDGA #106
July 19, 2008 07:55PM
In my opinion if you have enough players for both Advanced and Intermediate Women in the championship I believe there should be a division but many times there are not enough women to do that. I am sure there would have to be planning before hand if you were going to offer that division because it would need to offer the same top prize for each division.

If there was both divisions I guess it would be played at the Amateur Championships since both are an amateur division.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013