Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any Ladies need a partner for Wall Doxey Doubles?

Posted by frisbeefreak01 
Any Ladies need a partner for Wall Doxey Doubles?
July 17, 2006 11:30AM
Ladies, anyone looking for a parnter?
Am? Advanced??? Pro????
have points in all the above, will play any division
except masters - not old enough.....
pm if you're interested.......
Re: Any Ladies need a partner for Wall Doxey Doubles?
July 17, 2006 09:54PM
Who are you??? Just wondering...*smile*

Michelle
July 18, 2006 08:12AM
Michelle,

My guess is she's Shannon Simmons because I know she is looking for a partner and has played in all the divisions listed. If you are interested in a partner I would snap (no pun intended) her up.

Judy
July 18, 2006 10:22AM
We found her a partner,
but thanks for the kind
words Judy, and best of luck
to you and Marla.

Snap, I can't believe you aren't
playing advanced @ SNAC, you are
ranked #1 in the "advanced" women's
division - you should really reconsider
stepping up and playing your competition
this time instead of bagging out the Ams.
Just a thought......Judy, or anyone else agree???
July 18, 2006 10:32AM
Re: 2006 SN AM Championships - September 2-3
Posted by: Snap (IP Logged) [ignore user]
Date: June 09, 2006 10:02AM

Chris, Back to Marla's quesion, Any chance of the Advanced Womens division?? I think there are 7 of us so far wanting to play advanced, I believe this would draw a lot more women to this event, and of course more competition. *smile*

Michelle "Snap"

(Don't request a division and then back out)
July 18, 2006 01:03PM
I'll admit I was a little suprised to see her name on the Am Women's list. She did seem to be including herself amongst those that wanted to play in an Advanced Women's division (as reflected in the quoted text in the previous post).

But, as this is the Championships for last years events and she primarily (only?) played Am. Women I can respect her desire to be crowned the Am. Women Queen.

C'est la vie!

Judy
July 19, 2006 11:31AM
I love smack talk and thread drifts!!

Snap is a very good player (she kicked my butt at the AL Sports Festival) and she's been playing less than a year. Personally, I would play with golfers I was competitive with but since it's her first SNAC, I, too, respect her decision to play Am.

As it stands now, with only 3 Advanced Women, 2/3 of us will get a good basket and all will get trophies. I like those odds a lot but wish some more ladies would make the leap to Advanced and give us some competition.

Anyways, I'm just happy that this year that we get two Amateur Women's divisions and are actually able to have this conversation!
July 19, 2006 02:09PM
Geez Marla! Way to give me a hear attack! I see you posting on the "need a doubles partner" thread and I thought I was getting dumped. Glad to know you were just calling me out for the thread drift.

Jeff and I will be driving up to Wall Doxey Saturday Morning. See you then. Hope we have some people to play against, or should we just sign up for Am Men? :)
July 19, 2006 02:15PM
Judy - What happens during a hear attack. All the voices in your head start speaking at the same time? Is it like the sound of 1000 discs hitting chains at the same time?

Just curious...

John k
July 19, 2006 03:58PM
Don't worry ladies. You will have someone to play against, instead of the AM Men.
July 19, 2006 04:40PM
Yes, I do have great compitition...Janis, BJ, and sky will be playing am's and they bet me all the time in casual play, so I will have great compitition. And yes I would like to finish out the SNAC in Am's. And about moving up, around here they're not many woman playing, the last 3 or 4 tourny's there were only 2 or 3 of us, and I don't want to play Pro by myself, so I play where the compitition is, and right now (here) it's in am's. look up past tournys and compair Billy, and Janis's scores to mine, you'll see. My scores may look good, But it's from the red tees. If I had to play the Pro tees, I wouldn't even be in discussion...*smile* I wish I could play in the SND but I can't make it. I have seen Judy, Marla, and Shannon in the past 2 or 3 years on top of AM/Advanced womens division, so I have no problem playing my FIRST SNAC in Am's.

Thanks for the comments anyway, And I'll see you ladies at the Champs.

Snap...
July 19, 2006 04:49PM
Yes, I do have great compitition...Janis, BJ, and sky will be playing am's and they bet me all the time in casual play, so I will have great compitition. And yes I would like to finish out the SNAC in Am's. And about moving up, around here they're not many woman playing, the last 3 or 4 tourny's there were only 2 or 3 of us, and I don't want to play Pro by myself, so I play where the compitition is, and right now (here) it's in am's. look up past tournys and compair Billy, and Janis's scores to mine, you'll see. My scores may look good, But it's from the red tees. If I had to play the Pro tees, I wouldn't even be in discussion...*smile* I wish I could play in the SND but I can't make it. I have seen Judy, Marla, and Shannon in the past 2 or 3 years on top of AM/Advanced womens division, so I have no problem playing my FIRST SNAC in Am's.

Thanks for the comments anyway, And I'll see you ladies at the Champs.

Snap...

(Don't request a division and then back out) As for this comment, 4 out of 7 I was refering to also chose to finish out the year in AMS.. so I guess I jumped the gun..
July 19, 2006 05:36PM
This message is for Janis,
I must commend you for changing your mind about playing AM @ the SNAC! Girl, I know you have what it takes to play us in Advanced AM! I know it's always a hard decision to move up a knotch in any sport because there's always someone out there who's going to be smart player with some mad skills!I surely do give you "props" though. Your a really great player, Janis, and I can only admire your gutsy decision. Hope to see (& play some awesome golf with) you soon.

-SAWBLADE
July 19, 2006 06:20PM
snap,
No competition in pro? there is still one player in town and i am waiting on your baggin butt to move up.
candy
July 19, 2006 11:12PM
Candy, I will play you anytime. You know that... But you have to show up first....lol

Snap
ww
July 20, 2006 09:51AM
July 20, 2006 03:00PM
ROFLMAO!!!
July 20, 2006 07:46PM
who is sawblade
July 20, 2006 10:18PM
Great Question...

And by the way SAWBLADE...Janis is not playing advanced.
July 21, 2006 06:41AM
Chris,

I hope that enough of each show up to warrant the division. I know that you and I had a long discussion about this. Now it seems that some of the reasons for creating an ADV Women's division are playing down. As long as we have fields in each that are competitive I still think it was the right move.

Shane
July 21, 2006 01:16PM
Shane, there is already three signed up for the advanced division, those three have played in SNAC's for a couple years...Thats enough to warrent that division.
July 22, 2006 10:54PM
agreed michelle!!!

there is going to be great competition in both the advanced and amateur women's divisions!!! I think it will be close in both of them.

Skye
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013