Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What got Mike Kernan banned from PDGA Discussion in January?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Well well, the PDGA election is in full swing and the PDGA is of course allowing everyone and their mom to slander my name there whilst I am not allowed to post there. I am posting what got me banned there so that courageous, freedom-loving disc golfers who don't want to pay the PDGA's outrageous fees can see for themselves:

1. I was first placed on probation not for something I posted at all; merely for creating the user name, "Show_Me_the_Money_You_Greedy_PDGA_Pigs".

2. Next I was given a 24-hour suspension for comparing the PDGA commissioner's 2006 quote of "The old PDGA Constitution was getting in my way" or something similar, to a humorous and fake quote by Hitler, 1934, "Reichstag? Who needs it?". The post also included the following:

Picture of Hitler and 3 of his staff, 1936:

Picture of 4 members of the PDGA Board of Directors, 2006:

"If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will," was the rest of what I posted.

3. Today I was informed by e-mail that I have been banned for 3 months, for the following (this is taken directly from the moderator's email to me):

> A recent post of yours was deleted due to personal
> attack. Specifically, the following is not
> acceptable:
>
> "it is extremely laughable to think anyone could
> actually be scared of a drunken little pixie who
> can't
> even stay awake for important meetings"
>
> Starting today, you are subject to a 3 month posting
> suspension. After your suspension ends, you will be
> on
> probation for 3 months.

judge for yourselves, free thinkers!
Re: What got Mike Kernan banned from PDGA Discussion in January?
June 05, 2007 09:38AM
Can I vote for Steve Timm AND Mikey? rWc3523
you know what may be the best thing about running for the PDGA BOD?

because when i lose, i'll be able to say "you can't blame me" every time the PDGA shoots itself in the foot. and they're just about out of toes.

viva la revolution!
June 07, 2007 05:49AM
Come on Mikey, where's the platform? Where's the creativity? Or are you putting your name on the ballot just to be able to disavow any responsibility for what happens in the PDGA in your area?
Being an advocate is great, I am one myself. I have strong opinions about how we should be offering competitive divisions in sanctioned play. I have several other strong opinions that differ from the BOD. But vilifying the organization doesn't change it - face that fact. It also is counter-productive to poison the organization to a larger group of people without offering an alternative. Share your thoughts about things that matter - or go away!
June 07, 2007 07:50AM
If you go to the PDGA website you can view a statement by each candidate in which they outline their experience that they feel would be helpful in such a role and also their goals they would like to achieve if elected. Interesting reading if you really want to know a little more about what the candidates stand for.
craiger
Come on Mikey, where's the platform?

got to agree with Judy, my platform is posted. I'm basically a three-issue candidate: 1. Lower PDGA dues, 2. Fire the Rules Committee and clean up their mess, 3. Return freedom of speech to the PDGA message board including making non-members eligible to post questions & complaints in some threads.

craiger
Where's the creativity? Or are you putting your name on the ballot just to be able to disavow any responsibility for what happens in the PDGA in your area?

creativity is crushed when artists are censored.

one of the advantages to running for the PDGA BOD is that I can indeed disavow responsibility for the PDGA's ham-handed incompetence if I am not elected.
June 12, 2007 09:46AM
I voted for you even though I hate you most of the time. heh heh

Duke of Disc Golf A-Number 1
[daffyshirts.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013