Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question to Board on player eligibility in Championship

Posted by ww 
ww
Question to Board on player eligibility in Championship
June 12, 2007 12:21PM
I need to know about past champions.

MattO, Brad Hammock & Robin Adams will get invites based on points. No problem here.

Lavone Wolfe has SN points in Open, so I will send him an invite.

Courtney Peavy does not have any SN points at all. Does she receive an invite as defending champion?

Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2007 12:22PM by ww.
Re: Question to Board on player eligibility in Championship
June 13, 2007 01:26PM
I don't know. A lawyer could have a good time with this one. Here is what the Handbook says:

2.1 The Southern National Disc Golf Tournament Series is a calendar year long beginning June 1 thru May 31. Players competing in SNDG sanctioned qualifier tournaments earn points towards qualifying to compete in the SNDG Pro Disc Golf Championship and/or the SNDG Amateur Disc Golf Championship.

Now...technically...I don't see the word MUST in there anywhere. It says that the Tournament series where you earn points towards qualifying to compete...BUT...no where in there do I see..that it says you MUST earn points to compete. It's a bit vague if a lawyer wanted to jump in.

No where in the Handbook do I read, you must play in a Tournament in the Series to be eligible for the Championships. Maybe I missed it?

Duke of Disc Golf A-Number 1
[daffyshirts.com]
June 13, 2007 02:52PM
Willie at this point you do have to have points to compete unless you get a sponsorship exemption. It has been brought up that past champions should get invites automatically based on their past win. It hasn't been debated by the board at this point.

My opinion is that you should have to have at least the 2 points each season. The anology has been that the US Open, Masters ect invite their past champions back. Its a good idea for them because they only have 1 division so the percentage of past winners in the field will always be relatively small. If we allow past winners to get an invite then even at this point the SNPC would have 40 of the 144 invitations (about 30%) going to individuals that may or may not have SN points. Maybe I'm thinking about it from the wrong perspective. Any other opinions...

John k
until the SNC eligibility rules are amended, JK is interpreting them correctly.

i've always been a advocate for letting anyone in, but i can see the arguments for the opposite.

if you let anyone in, the SNPC could join the PDGA's National Tour where it would certainly get the recognition it deserves.
June 15, 2007 08:11AM
escept then we all MUST pay $75 each to belong to the PDGA first
August 02, 2007 07:11PM
and then pay the fees to host it with their name on it!
August 07, 2007 12:43PM
uhh, NO!

Griff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013