Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SB BoD Meeting 7/11

Posted by cajundop 
SB BoD Meeting 7/11
July 11, 2007 11:04PM
OK it's late and I'm tired so these minutes might be a tad brief and a bit terse, but hey it's minutes all the same.

In attendance: Russ Corey, Bill McCarty, Jeff Haydel, John Kittrell, Bob Satter
Absent: Zack Hudson

Topic 1: The SNAC. There was some confusion on ordering prizes and baskets. Issue was resolved between John and Bill. Everything is now in order.

Topic 2: FMV prices set by Justin Littrell for the SNDC. The board agreed that Justin's prices seemed fair and appropriate. Multiple Board Members expressed optimism in the job Justin and B'ham has done so far.

Topic 3: Bag Tags for the 2007-2008 Season. Discussion concerning vendors for tags and styles in use. Jeff H has agreed to head up this search and to have tags prepared and on hand by the SNAC.

Topic 4: 25 cents reserved from $2 fees during the year. There was question on how to spend this money. After discussion it was decided to use some of the money to pay for next year's bag tags, a second part to cover the cost of the end of the year awards, another part to buy some SN banners for display at various events, and to keep part of the money in reserve for future expenditures.

Topic 5: End of the Year awards: John will be starting a thread soon soliciting nominations for the various EotY awards.

Topic 6: SN BoD elections: Jeff offered to put together a ballot. Voting will begin at the Doubles Championships and email voting should begin in the next few days. The email address, sndgboard@gmail.com will be used for the voting.

Next meeting will be in 1 week on Wednesday July 18th, at 8PM.
ww
Re: SB BoD Meeting 7/11
July 12, 2007 08:57AM
What about bids for next year's championships?
July 12, 2007 12:04PM
We did mention them briefly just stating that we need to start a thread to remind the clubs to submit bids.

John k
August 24, 2007 01:01PM
john i sent you a bid for next years snac; did you get it?????
August 24, 2007 04:37PM
John will be getting back into town tonight or tomorrow night as he has been in New Jersey for training. I imagine he will respond to emails soon.

Jeff H
August 25, 2007 11:01AM
John, give me a call...662-419-7827
November 24, 2008 08:41PM
mike sidebottom
john i sent you a bid for next years snac; did you get it?????

John, I'd LOVE to see this bid... I think it's fair thing to ask for this to be made public. Don't guess we'll ever see the minutes of the meeting that took place after this bid was presented... that for sure is fair to ask to be made public.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
November 25, 2008 07:17AM
gilligan that was for 08; an you were here; so you know what we had to offer. ohhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooo not again
November 25, 2008 08:06AM
Gilligan, I believe Mike's bid basically said "we'll host the snac", with no other cities willing, Pensacola got it. It wasn't a formalized bid if that's what you're looking for...

Ideally I'm sure the SN would like for the process to be competitive, but for numerous reasons it hasn't been and we've been lucky that at least one city/club has stepped up when no others would. We haven't gotten a formalized bid the last couple years. For little rock we didn't put in a formalized bid, it was "you're willing to run the, SNPC, thanks you got it!!" Nobody wanted the SNPC in 09 which is why I volunteered to run it again. If there was someone else willing they would've gotten it.

It is a large endeavor with little upside. There is a 50-50 chance you'll either be thanked or vilified.

John k
November 25, 2008 09:56AM
Wouldn't say "little upside" when it comes to SNACs at least... right sidebottom :p

Well, I would suggest even if it is a "no bid" situation that they DO at least send in a formal bid just so you have SOMETHING on record that backs up why to let them do it beside "no one else wanted it" because it does kind of look wierd when a board member gets the bid and then right before the tournament it seems that he has no clue what the guidelines are even though he was involved in many of the discussions about them... at least that's what it looks like from what little meeting minutes we do have from that time.

November 25, 2008 10:37AM
Gilligan 850-554-5702 i will answer any question you may have.
November 25, 2008 10:53AM
Shouldn't it all be put on here for everyone to see? That is what the meeting minutes are all about. Why should I even THINK that you would be more forthcoming via phone vs PM? Because I really don't care to call and just be called names.

November 25, 2008 11:12AM
WOW!!!!! your kidding right!!!!! mano to mano is not the way to do it????? i think now i undertand; you are a mikey k. wanna be!!!! well let me tell you; you will never touch mikey he is the best; but he knows when he gets answers; anyway that's it for me i just hope you do not communicate with me anymore thanks.
November 25, 2008 12:05PM
Dude, I PM'd you about all this FIRST... that IS mano e mano... you just evaded the question and called me names... I'll quote one to show how much of a "mano" you are. "...you are a very mean person..." and that was just in response to me asking if you planned on pocketing the extra cash and asking if you thought SNACs was a good tournament to cut your teeth on since it was your first.

I fail to see how that is "mean" nor do I understand what exactly you think "mano e mano" is.

November 25, 2008 12:11PM
Ring ring sidebottom, let's test this mettle

November 25, 2008 12:14PM
Mike
I would just drop it, apparently Gilligan just wants to keep the pot stirred and won't be satisfied with any answer you give him...

John k
November 25, 2008 12:41PM
thanks john; i just spoke with gilligan on the phone and he seems to be a very sincere nice young man; we got a lot off our minds and i think he was very well versed on his questions and i think i answered each one he had; and i also think he has a lot to offer to the s/n family. thanks for your call gilligan it really meant a lot to me.
November 25, 2008 07:06PM
John, I really resent that comment... apparently my concern for the SN is just a nuisance for you.

And sorry but that's not stirring anything, that is my opinion of what you just said.

Thanks for taking my call Mike, though I may not agree with everything said at least it was said.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013