Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SNDG Doubles Championship Bid

Posted by Grayson Robbins 
SNDG Doubles Championship Bid
August 12, 2007 05:01PM

The August 15th deadline gives the SN Board the opportunity to discuss proposals and make a determination prior to this years SN Pro championship. As a gauge, all parties interested in hosting any of the SNC please email John k at johnk@sndg.org This is to see how many we can expect.

How strict is the board regarding the August 15th deadline?

TDGA met today and we are now considering an alternative proposal without a State Park course involved. However, due to these last minute changes and some additional discussions required with city officials, it will be difficult to finalize by the 15th. We ask the deadline be extended one week. Is this possible?

SNDG BOD, Please refer to the above post on in the Generals Discussions forum. Looking for a favorable reply ASAP!

Thanks

GMR

[tupelodiscgolf.com]
Re: SNDG Doubles Championship Bid
August 12, 2007 10:06PM
The deadline will probably be extended since we haven't gotten any proposals at this point. So keep working on yours and submit it to us when you're done. All efforts are apreciated!!

John k
August 14, 2007 03:22PM
Remember this post!!???

Re: Southern National Pro Championship Guidelines
Posted by: Memphisdiscgolf (IP Logged) [ignore user]
Date: May 10, 2006 01:39PM

And...I...was ribbing Fat Jabba when I asked the question...

Not to be the Doomsayer....buuuut...has anyone thought what the new guidelines might do...to the number of clubs who may or may not enter "bids" for the Championships with these new "rules"?

In my experience, the normal disc golfer doesn't like paperwork and rules. Mikey and the crew might start trying to rip me for Memphis wanting to make money or something...which is not true...I really think you are going to really limit yourself now on bids. Just MY opinion.

Brad <---His opinion...not Memphis in general

Duke of Disc Golf A-Number 1
[daffyshirts.com]
August 16, 2007 09:14AM
Brad i am still not sure why you are not in favor of guidelines. DGB who ran the SNDGC did a fine job and the club still kept 500 and bought a few pop up tents.

The guidelines in place have helped the championships continue to grow. This may have other clubs a bit tenative as they maynot be able to raise the same amount of prize money.

I think gthe future of SN championships will require evryone helping one another with fund raising. Like this year with the rocs and bag tags. i also think the clubs and individuals who where or are capable of running a championship has done so and new blood is needed.

These are just my thoughts.
Bob

August 20, 2007 04:44PM
Tax Man
DGB who ran the SNDGC did a fine job and the club still kept 500 and bought a few pop up tents.

Just so there is no confusion DGB didn't keep any actual "cash". We had a bit of merchandise left over (about $70 retail), bought two tables ($50 each) and two tents ($60 each) for use at the event that club will keep and use at future events.

But to get back on track what Bob is trying to say I don't think the guidelines are what is keeping clubs from bidding. In my opinion the guidelines were simple to follow and the requirements were easy to meet. While I think they do need some revisions, that is only expected as the guidelines mature.

Justin Littrell
DGB Club President
[www.DiscGolfBirmingham.com]
August 22, 2007 07:11AM
Sorry Justin, LeAnne the secratary told me that info about keeping the 500. If that was untrue then she needs to be told so she does not spread false info. LIKE ME! haha!

Justin
Tax Man
DGB who ran the SNDGC did a fine job and the club still kept 500 and bought a few pop up tents.

Just so there is no confusion DGB didn't keep any actual "cash". We had a bit of merchandise left over (about $70 retail), bought two tables ($50 each) and two tents ($60 each) for use at the event that club will keep and use at future events.

But to get back on track what Bob is trying to say I don't think the guidelines are what is keeping clubs from bidding. In my opinion the guidelines were simple to follow and the requirements were easy to meet. While I think they do need some revisions, that is only expected as the guidelines mature.

August 23, 2007 08:20AM
re. Rules/Guidelines

I'm down with what Justin (who ran a great Doubles Championship) said. The rules/guidelines put in place before last year's SNAC/SNPC had the opposite effect that Brad predicted ... it was actually quite freeing to have requirements to report financials and check fair market value on prizes with the board. It ensured everything was transparent and above-board and that everyone knew everything going in. The requirements did exactly what they were meant to do an ensured (if followed) that the event was successful, especially in the sense that there were no surprises.

Bottom line: The guidelines had the effect of taking much of the decision-making burden off me as the TD and sharing it out with the board. If clubs are holding off bidding because of the guidelines it is only because they are not seeing this intrinsic benefit.
August 26, 2007 08:48PM
Tupelo proposal emailed to JK this evening. Regret it was so late. Just glad we could submit....

GMR

[tupelodiscgolf.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2007 08:56PM by Grayson Robbins.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013