Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN BoD Meeting 9/5/07

Posted by cajundop 
SN BoD Meeting 9/5/07
September 05, 2007 10:57PM
Board Members in Attendance: Jeff Haydel, Mike Sidebottom, Barbara Daniels, Josh Lenox

Topics discussed: money's raised for the SNPC this year by Mobile and how to help next year's host meet a similar goal.

It was suggested that we give clubs a quota based upon size of the club. Other ideas were raised but nothing was ever decided other than reaching out to local clubs and requesting help to fund THEIR SN championships.

Next topic: moving the SN year to match the calendar and/or PDGA year.

While no vote was formally made it was agreed that the board thought it was too late to make the change for this SN year. It was agreed to revisit this topic after board members have had an opportunity to talk to more disc golfers concerning their opinion of this idea.

Next topic: Incentives for bag tag holders to increase bag tag sales.

Chris' idea of a rolling ace pot was discussed in detail. It was suggested that such a pot should be capped at $500 and any additonal money's should go towards the next pot upwards to $250 and then any money's past that should go to the Pro Championships. Hopefully these events will not occur as someone will hit the pot.

It was also suggested as an added incentive to allow the buyer of a tag at an event 1 free entry into the pot AT THAT EVENT.

Next board meeting: September 19th, 2007 at 8PM.
Re: SN BoD Meeting 9/5/07
September 06, 2007 08:38AM
congrats to the new BOD!!!!

I am sure you guys will do a great job! Please do not forget about the SNAC standards and how to assit the club with the ordering of baskets and such. I think it was in the guidelines that the BOD would provide the baskets. This year was a little different because a Bod member was the TD.

I still say the bod should be a part of ALL of the ordering.

Good luck and let me know if there is anything i can help with.

Bob

September 06, 2007 01:12PM
WE MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT THE CONTACT THREADS AND UP DATE THAT.
September 06, 2007 01:21PM
settle down Mike! It si not like somemone is going to use those;o}

September 13, 2007 10:28AM
please take a look at Gary's thread about TD's and the future of our Championships...a lot of credence should be given to the message....

Thanx for all ya'll do....Griff

Griff
September 13, 2007 02:49PM
I HAVE GRIFF AND YOU ARE CORRECT SIR; ALSO SPOKE WITH GARY A BIT IN MOBILE AND I THINK WE BOTH AGREED THAT THERE IS WAY TO MUCH BASHING GOING ON; AND THAT MY FRIENDS WILL INDEED PUSH FOLKS AWAY; JUST MY 1/2 CENT WORTH.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013