Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
SN BOD Meeting minutes 02-08-2008
February 06, 2008 10:36PM
Minutes from the SN BoD meeting help at 7pm on 02-08-2008

In attendance : Barbara Daniels, Mike Sidebottom, Josh Lenox, and Jeff Haydel

John Kittrell had previously emailed the board to explain his absence due to work obligations.

Topic 1: Points division expansion.
This topic was discussed ad nauseam. Debated was whether or not requested divisions should be allowed to spin off into their own points division. Various proposals were suggested but it was eventually voted 3-1 against any new points divisions this SN year.

Topic 2: SN Ams from 2007.
It was discussed whether any board member in attendance had spoken with Bill or Mac recently concerning the left over baskets from last year's Am championships. John had reported to us in his email that 4 baskets were delivered from Bill to Blue Angel for this year's Am Championships. The board agreed to table any payment Bill for those baskets pending delivery of documentation of the finances of the SN Am event in accordance with line item 12 of the SN Am Championships guidelines.

Topic 3: TD recognition.
It was discussed whether the TD of the Year award was enough for SNQ TD's or whether more should be done. It was also motioned, in order to encourage interested in running the SN Pros, to pay the entry fee to the USDGC for the SNPro TD from the SNBoD moneys. This motion failed 2-2.

Topic 4: Players playing in wrong division
The topic of players playing in divisions below the division in which they have cashed in the last 6 months. As a group we struggled to come up with an appropriate and enforceable punishment that could be applied to repeat offenders. In the past anyone found in violation of this rule has been approached privately by a board member and the issue has not come back up. A punishment was discussed and the feasibility of this punishment is currently being researched by the board.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:05pm. The next meeting with be held on Feb. 20th at 7PM.
Re: SN BOD Meeting minutes 02-08-2008
February 07, 2008 07:22AM
thanks for the timely minutes!

February 07, 2008 11:10AM
word.....kudos, Board!

Griff
March 10, 2008 02:37PM
um ... question?

How can a motion fail 2-2? I was under the impression that Jim Orum was considered the board's tiebreaker

"(4.1.1) Southern National Disc Golf Tournament Series is managed by a Board of Directors consisting of six voting members and Jim Orum as permanent 7th seat, voting only as a tiebreaker."

I would think if you have a quorum (as you did) AND the vote is tied, then Jim O needs to decide the issue one way or the other.
March 10, 2008 09:34PM
Chris,
Jim O was not present at the meeting, therefore he could not break the tie.

Josh
March 10, 2008 11:32PM
Ah, my mistake then ... I thought the phrase "permanent 7th seat" meant that he was permanently seated (ex officio in attendance at every meeting). I thought the whole idea of writing him into the handbook for life and creating an even board members (thus inviting ties) was to ensure he would always be able to settle ties.

Perhaps my confusion stemmed from "permanent ... voting only as a tiebreaker." If that is the language used in the handbook, why should it matter if he was in attendance? By definition, he is the person to whom all ties are referred.
March 11, 2008 10:05PM
Ex Officio board members still have to show up in order to vote. At least on every board I've ever served on in the past.

Josh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013