Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: Illegal substance during competition
March 18, 2008 11:25PM
That suspension/probation page shows that Tony Bass is suspended. What if he would have played in the Pot of Gold?
March 18, 2008 11:30PM
Yeah, what on earth did HE do? Do the TD's get this list? Is this suspension still in place? What if the TD let him play? What would happen then? And why hasn't SOMEONE posted what was said at this so-called "Unity Summit"?? rWc
March 19, 2008 06:42AM
I think we all have got too relaxed on this issue,we should follow the tournment rules of play, we at Bud Hill will force the issue to follow the rules,as far as i think they need to go.
March 19, 2008 07:44AM
MassiveJ
That suspension/probation page shows that Tony Bass is suspended. What if he would have played in the Pot of Gold?

well he did not! and if you read it it says TBD and since this was in Nov. of 07 3 months has come and gone nothing like the pdga to have not updated the outcome. I go a twenty says TB does not even know about this.

March 19, 2008 09:02AM
Actually, Bob, it shows that the suspension began on 12/10/2007 with the end date "To Be Determined" (TBD), with a MINIMUM three month suspension. I would hope the PDGA would notify players AND tournament directors about these actions via email, snail mail or both. Hard to believe Tony would do anything to get suspended. rWc
March 19, 2008 12:08PM
Russ3523
Actually, Bob, it shows that the suspension began on 12/10/2007 with the end date "To Be Determined" (TBD), with a MINIMUM three month suspension. I would hope the PDGA would notify players AND tournament directors about these actions via email, snail mail or both. Hard to believe Tony would do anything to get suspended. rWc

If that is the case if where indeed three months, it would be over. If not they should have DETERMINED by now.

March 19, 2008 12:37PM
Russ,
We have not had a SN BOD meeting since I returned. A brief synopsis was released to the BOD by me. At the next BOD meeting we will discuss it and then release the information, at which point it will be released.

Josh
March 19, 2008 01:06PM
Hilltopper
Russ,
We have not had a SN BOD meeting since I returned. A brief synopsis was released to the BOD by me. At the next BOD meeting we will discuss it and then release the information, at which point it will be released.

Josh

since when is info classified?

March 19, 2008 07:23PM
Well Bob, Marla says I often speak/type what I think. Thus, shockingly, some people become upset over my general candor. Carefully editing my rantings and musings would prevent any further antagonism between our two esteemed organizations. I however trust Jeff Haydel to weed out my eccentricities from the presentation. And by Jeff I mean Judy. Nobody is hiding anything. Next time I see you I will give you the unedited verbal version if you wish.

Josh
March 19, 2008 08:25PM
thanks Josh! I was just fishing for a little insight.

March 27, 2008 09:17AM
As far as I know, the SN's is not any kind of legal organization at all. It's just a tournament series.

Just my opinion, but if you continue down the path of rule making, big sponsorship, insurance liability, etc etc, you will find yourselves getting into trouble by not being a legal organization. Griff could probably speak better about it.

Duke of Disc Golf A-Number 1
[daffyshirts.com]
March 27, 2008 11:38AM
I'll be keeping a close watch on everybody in Bowling Green this weekend. rWc
March 29, 2008 02:55PM
hears another stay retired > you brought this to a public forum and that is a cowards way of doing things. I personally hope to never see you again at any events I attend.This is my opinion and my right to have it. Grow up and handle your problem like a man and not a SOB. If you have a problem with that take it up with me personally not on a forum that everyone sees. You have tried in my opinion to wreck our disc golf so I have no tolerance for that

leo otto
March 29, 2008 03:10PM
leo im sorry im confussed; who are you talking to; also i agree with danny and barbara we all need to relax and be adult and serius about this; just follow the @#$%& rules PERIOD!!!!!
March 30, 2008 07:17AM
I am sorry you feel that way, Leo. I have always thought you and the MOBZ crew were a class act.
March 31, 2008 08:01AM
WOW,TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL ,LEO.

BMB
March 31, 2008 12:28PM
In regard to Bowling Green, there was NOTHING illegal or improper going on during my four rounds in advanced master. There were a lot of old guys downing legal pain relievers, that's about it. Afterward was a different story, but only legal beverages that I saw. There were a lot of spectators drinking beer during the final, some discretely and some not so discretely and I heard a couple of folks were asked to leave the city park where the finals were held. One was asked to leave during the players' meeting.

As far as rules violations, there were non except when I played the wrong disc that I thought was mine in some casual water. I saw a yellow driver and assumed it was mine, backed up, marked the lie and threw. It wasn't until I went to retrieve it that I realized it wasn't mine. Mine was actually about 12-15 feet closer to the pin in the water. The rest of the group was on the other side of the small "pond" working their way to the pin. I told them what happened and had to take a two stroke penalty, which cost me a top 10 finish. It'd tough being honest, but pays off in the end.

rWc3523
March 31, 2008 04:00PM
not a statment by the mobz As I said this is my opinion and mine alone

leo otto

Sidebottom This statment was for the person who started this thread This topic should be discused on a PM bases not for our sponsers to hear. If you have a problem with someone take the problem up with them. That is just the way I think this should have been handled.

leo otto
March 31, 2008 05:07PM
o.k. leo i understand thanks for clearing that up; not sure i agree with you but certainly understand what your saying; see ya saturday my friend.
March 31, 2008 08:16PM
Everyone concerned about this should read this post and consider the possible consequences. I love the "shoes on the coffee table" analogy.

[www.pdga.com]

Oh, while nobody wanted to put their shoes on the coffee tables in Bowling Green, there was talk about it in one of my groups and everyone agreed there's a time and place for everything, and tournament time is not one of them. rWc3523
March 31, 2008 09:01PM
thats a good post it needs to stop and I will be turning people in that do put there feet up
March 31, 2008 09:43PM
That post also proved that it's NOT just happening in the SN. I only wish those folks who asked that the PDGA disassociate itself from the SN would wake up and smell the coffee. rWc3523
March 31, 2008 11:43PM
See you sat Mr Sidebottom

Care to make a wager????????

leo
April 02, 2008 09:33AM
From the Board minutes thread....

Re: SN Board of Directors Meeting on March 26th, 2008
Posted by: Griff (CounselorGriff) (IP Logged) [ignore user]
Date: March 31, 2008 05:43PM

Actually having talked it up around the courses over the weekend....here's another tidbit of offering that might NEED to make it into the rule...

Almost everyone I spoke with expressed their "worry" with such a Rule as presently being considered does nothing to protect incorrect accusations....this is to say, this is a DQ or a warning, etc. entirely based upon "he said v. she said" type evidentiary levels....NOT GOOD...

would it not be a better idea that a second person either within the group or PERSONALLY experiencing the violation ALSO be required to report same before a TD is put in this position (to DQ/warn, etc).

it will do away with a great deal of "suspect" accusations.....open violations in which a secondary source confirms said violation should be actionable...

imho.....Griff

Griff

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Reply via PM•Follow This Thread•Report This Message
Posted by: Hilltopper (IP Logged) [ignore user]
Date: March 31, 2008 07:19PM

The DQ is entirely at the discression of the TD. If a player reports an incident to a TD and the TD does not respond, that player should inform the board about the situation and then we will investigate.

If a TD feels that a player has been accused unfairly, he does NOT have to DQ the acusee. If the player is not DQ'd, then the TD doesn't have to turn that name in.

I understand Griff's concern, but I seriously doubt that would happen. The offended player could always appeal to the board and we would consider our options. Remember there would be other players in the group who could back up the accuser or the accusee. Plus the first violation is probation. It would take 2 infractions to merit a suspension. The player may be listed online as on probation, but the reason for the probation would not be posted and the board decided that discussions as to why the person was in trouble would be deleted from the forum.

A bigger concern for me would be that the other players in a group would cover for the offender. For instance, what do you do if everyone else in your group lights up?

Josh

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Reply via PM•Follow This Thread•Report This Message
Posted by: Griff (CounselorGriff) (IP Logged) [ignore user]
Date: April 02, 2008 09:32AM

I do not doubt at all that it COULD happen as there are folks out there that clearly have nothing better to do than stir the proverbial pot....

good analogy, huh....

this (multiple reporting parties required for enforcement) is something that REALLY needs to be considered--not only for the protection of the players and the TD's but for the respect of the series....Griff

Griff
April 02, 2008 09:36AM
and I would add, the multiple reporting rule would work to protect the reputation of the reporter more so than those that argue it did not occur...

the first time a he said she said ruling is allowed I cannot imagin the backlash in attendance, on the internet, etc.

Having a powerful and yet REASONABLE rule in place enforces the series stance which will also benefit the sponsorship potential of the series.....

Griff
April 02, 2008 09:39AM
the last tournament i went to it was a 3 to 1 ratio 3 smokers and me so how can I have a multiple report when im the only one in the group that disapproved
April 02, 2008 10:17AM
easy...there's a heck of a lot more than 1 player around....you need multiple witnesses....

if it was truly a disturbance I'd think you'd have no problem finding confirmation...

after all, are you suggesting your word is any better than the next man's???

If you are--therein lies the dereliction of the proposed rule!!

Thanks for making my case.....

Griff
April 02, 2008 11:09AM
leo $5.00 total score for both rounds; ya in ya out!!!!!
April 02, 2008 11:34AM
I have been in too many groups where I am the only one without my feet on the coffee table, so to speak (good link Josh).

Not sure how others will handle it, but I am going to take my cell phone (ringer off) with me during tournament rounds and take pictures. If the TD won't believe me on the basis of first-hand testimony and photographic evidence, I will ask him to warn or disqualify me based on the same rule ... in other words, I am either telling the truth or I am lying. If I am lying, I am attempting to circumvent the rules - a violation of PDGA 804.05.
April 02, 2008 02:01PM
if i was the TD and you were alone....I'd suggest you DO need the photo....

To do otherwise mocks the rule itself...bigotry to value one individual's word over another, period....

I am not suggesting the Rule is bad--but for valid enforcement of it--it should be tweaked...

It is not unreasonable to expect mis-use of the rule as it exists in consideration now....

(and how good is the focus on that camera anyway.....but I digress)....

Griff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013