Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

10/01/08 BOD Meeting Minutes

Posted by Hilltopper 
10/01/08 BOD Meeting Minutes
October 01, 2008 09:18PM
Members present: Don Tommasko, Will Corey, Matthew Gardner, Mike Sidebottom, Barbara Daniels, and Josh Lenox

1. Discussed requiring a dress code at SN events. Voted 5-0 in favor of requiring players to wear a shirt, shoes, and pants/skirts. Bikini tops will not be considered shirts.

2. Voted 6-0 to release a statement reminding players to not alter courses without permission.

3. Voted 6-0 to look into a request by a local club.

4. Discussed adding a rating system. Matthew Gardner stated that he withdrew his system for consideration at present.

5. Tabled discussion on the changing the present point system until the next meeting.

Josh
Re: 10/01/08 BOD Meeting Minutes
October 01, 2008 10:18PM
Define "pants"

I think the best item is 3... very interesting point raised. *confused*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
October 02, 2008 07:43AM
Pants would be shorts or longer pants. No bikini bottoms or speedos.

Josh
October 02, 2008 07:44AM
Number 3 may be assumed to be an issue involving the good name of a person, club, or other organization.

Josh
October 02, 2008 09:05AM
Do sports bras fall under the category of "bikini tops"?

Cause we all know I like to flaunt my stuff. :-)
October 02, 2008 11:08AM
Judy
Do sports bras fall under the category of "bikini tops"?

Cause we all know I like to flaunt my stuff. :-)

That's something that for the time being can be left up to the TD. If we get complaints we may tighten the wording later.

Josh
October 02, 2008 11:37AM
Punishment for violation of the dress code?
October 02, 2008 02:04PM
DEATH
October 02, 2008 03:40PM
warning for first time to get a shirt on and in my tournaments strokes or DQ if the said person does not comply
October 02, 2008 05:37PM
I'll still have my shirt off in our small tournaments.

Terry Zeringue
October 02, 2008 07:22PM
TheZinger
I'll still have my shirt off in our small tournaments.

Seriously? Why? It makes the sport look terrible.

Josh
October 02, 2008 07:52PM
it makes it look unprofessional and hillbilly
October 02, 2008 08:24PM
it is going to take more than a dress code to help the appearance of the sport, sorry I am not being sarcastic but realistic.
October 02, 2008 09:12PM
FISHMAN
it is going to take more than a dress code to help the appearance of the sport, sorry I am not being sarcastic but realistic.

Start at the bottom and aim high.
October 02, 2008 10:43PM
He is right Russell(did I get it right this time?) you have to start somewhere.

October 03, 2008 01:53AM
I agree with the desire to improve things, but maybe we should try to lead by example and improve things like tournaments and courses before we expect our players to conform to a particular standard.
October 03, 2008 08:03AM
thats kind of what were doing here is leading by example don't you think??
October 03, 2008 08:21AM
WHY??? Because if I want to wear a bathing suite while playing in the heat then I should be able to at regular little tournaments that the club in my city runs.

One of the most professional players in the SN and PDGA played without a shirt the 2nd rnd of our last tournament at Doyles Bayou. It had poured down rain at lunch and at the bigging of the 2nd rnd. Did he make the sport look unprofessional? Nope. He made the sport look human.

I can totally understand bigger tournaments, or tournaments for charitys, or if certain groups of people attend (handicap, boys/cub scouts, etc).

JIMO and others can sell discs to ANY age with a pot leaf on the disc and nobody cares, but if a 13 year old boy wants to take his shirt off he is making the sport look unprofessional? I don't think so.

I played shirtless and barefoot at the last local tournament and I KNOW for a fact that it didnt bring down the professionalism of the sport.

If I wanted to host a SN qualifer on a course on/next to a beach I should be able to allow players to wear their bathing suites.

Terry Zeringue
October 03, 2008 08:36AM
If the event has the name Southern National Qualifier attached to it then a shirt should be required. If your little local event is not a SNQ then dress as you wish. It is an image thing. Shirtless thugs in the park is not the image SN's wishes to convey .....is it? JMO. Good first steps BOD.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
October 03, 2008 09:32AM
Does anyone want the Jonathan Nyce's of the world shirtless at a tournament. Sorry Nyce, but I needed a "model". ;)

It's bad enough that we have to see that at weekly league play.

October 03, 2008 01:33PM
If I wanted to host a SN qualifer on a course on/next to a beach I should be able to allow players to wear their bathing suites.[/quote]

sure but with a shirt on while in tournament play if it is a SN tournament. It is a rule so to break it would be like breaking any other rule. And if someone breaks rules they need to be penalized
October 03, 2008 03:50PM
TheZinger

JIMO and others can sell discs to ANY age with a pot leaf on the disc and nobody cares. THAT'S POISON IVY ...[DUFUS

BMB
October 03, 2008 04:52PM
Good ol' B-Hole, always trying to educate the children.

Just don't teach them how to mow grass ;)

October 03, 2008 09:25PM
for someone whom doesn't do ANYTHING else at tournaments which are against the law or rules, ya'll sure do find a way to make a person wonder why he supports this series.

Terry Zeringue
October 03, 2008 09:30PM
TheZinger
If I wanted to host a SN qualifer on a course on/next to a beach I should be able to allow players to wear their bathing suites.

You know the great thing about the SN is that if you were to do that, you could just ask the BOD for permission and I bet that it would be granted. The other thing is that most TD's and players would probably interpret the rule rather liberally in case of rain or ants in your shirt or whatever.

Since we play by PDGA rules anyway, you'll notice that playing without a shirt is a courtesy violation. So this was already on the books. It's just reiterating it to the SN community, because it has been a problem.

Josh
October 03, 2008 09:38PM
Josh,, thanks for that post (i'm being serious)

I have only one more thing to say about this,,,, I REALLY hope this rule doesn't get inforce MORE than some of the other more important rules

Terry Zeringue
October 03, 2008 10:00PM
Yeah, I agree. They need to inforce the other more serious rules first.

October 04, 2008 12:22AM
Gilligan
Yeah, I agree. They need to inforce the other more serious rules first.
Thats up to the Players to report and TD to enforce..

-will
October 04, 2008 04:03AM
but to me this dress code thing is SO MINOR that there are much bigger fish to fry.

Terry Zeringue
October 04, 2008 08:13AM
every rule is important and no rule needs to be broken and yes we need to enforce them all
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013